@Riot Report Unskilled Player?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CantSeePurple

04-19-2011

I think a lot of people are taking this in a way it isn't meant to be, such as actually believing that some one will be banned for being an unskilled player. I seriously doubt Riot would ever ban someone simply for not being good at the game, the idea is ludicrous.

People seem to be worrying about getting reported for that one game where you do awful trying a new champ, don't be. This kind of thing, and any of the reports as I would imagine, would most likely not be taken into account unless the player had a very large number of similar reports across a lot of games. Getting reported as unskilled a few times doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but if you start to have unskilled reports on you through something like 1/3 of your total games, chances are you might not be the best player.

So don't get all worked up over something that you don't need to, a few reports (of any kind, I'm sure) here and there aren't going to have any effect, it's when a player has repeated reports of the same kind that action would be taken, and the "unskilled player" report I am certain is not something intended to use for bans but most likely something used to match such a player at a more appropriate level.

*Note that I don't actually have any information on how Riot uses this stuff, I'm just operating on what I believe to be common sense.

Mayobe

04-19-2011

Seems like good sense to me to have this option listed. Since a lot of LoL players are angsty teenagers and trolls of other varieties after a bad match they'll be looking to act out. Having a category for 'That guy isn't a good player' makes it likely that they'll select that option because, in keeping with simple psychology, it matches their mood. Hence Riot can send all such reports directly to dev/nul and end up with a lot less nonsense to manage in terms of investigating cases of disruptive behavior.

After all, the best way to get rid of busybodies is to give them their own committee.

hampsterblade

04-19-2011

I don't think it does anything unless they are reported for it a lot and/or reported by the opposing team. I have played in games where there was a player so bad on the other team I reported him.

Strategicleez

04-21-2011

I dunno but when I saw the new report options I quit buying skins cuz I think riot no longer deserves my money. Bcuz I don't think they should even HAVE that info considering theres already sumthin called an ELO. It seems to me to be a foolish witchhunt on us "n00bs". I should be paired w/ fellow n00bs of my same skill level seeing as Harvard claimed that the calculation LoL uses is appropriate and fine to match ppl. The only problem I see w/ matchmaking is sometimes ppls mood affects their winning status and whether they feed or not. I have over 900 wins and I think this community whines as if somebody has paddled on the behind repeatedly for 30 days. Especially ks whiners.

Lustdemon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

LOL they need to add a suspicious game play one hehe.OMFG strategic get a life 900 wins?really what the ......Why havent you gone through all these disconnects etc,like the rest of us and get your bad ranking like the rest of us mmm?

Khelavaster

04-22-2011

I could see this working to help matchmaking in addition to just filtering reports out: people who're reported often as being "unskilled players" can be paired with others who tend to be "unskilled players" of similar ELO. This should have the effect of more quickly lowering someone's ELO to where it belongs, since groups of overinflated players will tend to be matched with each other more.

It's pretty clear that Riot won't ban anyone for unskilled play.

Strategicleez

04-22-2011

Lustdemon or should I say Crustdemon. Yes I get half and half losses/wins on average I have just played 2k games. Yes I don't have a life but by golly I won't have u dissing me for it. And Khelavaster how is it clear that no1 will be banned in this uncanny witchhunt. I demand Riot release why they did this, and negative attitude? Who cares as long as I don't harass ppl it shouldn't matter. I remember dota where u could ban ppl for feeding man ppl take this game as serious as life itself. So scared of losing.

Strategicleez

04-22-2011

And dare I also say this is just the tip of the glacier. The way this road is going is a slippery slope of losing customers and just being an all around basic ******. If Riot doesn't stop listening to all the whiners and figger for themselves that u can't go around having a Nazi game like HoN. Where ppl r constantly out to get each other and report on the drop of a dime. I don't know maybe its a problem w/ our society cuz u can't blame Riot for listening to their player base. I just hope they don't do anything stupid.

Xray123

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyterFang View Post
Yet. But the button exists.

I play a round, go like 0/15/2 because I'm trying out a new champion, and apparently I can be reported for that? Ludicrous.
yes but if you are going 0/15/2 then you should consider how others feel.They have a bad game and loose their rating becomes lower etc.Try to play new heroes in the bot games
co-op vs ai.

Xray123

06-15-2011

to add why do youthink they made the judgement place so they have much less to do