@Riot Report Unskilled Player?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rezo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2011

Well if I was Riot I would have done the same thing. Not because I plan to actually ban unskilled players but because that way those reports arent mixed in with reports that should have a much higher priority. Chances are extremely high than they either don't look at the unskilled player reports at all or that they are of such low priority that they would only be looked at when no other reports are available to go through.

Edit: Oops I just realized r2genesis basically said same thing.

Skryner

03-26-2011

I'm pretty sure it's a riot code for "Ignore this report"

Amordys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2011

Lol I'm pretty sure it's just for Sh**s and giggles, lighten up.

Suzuteo

03-27-2011

I bet they throw these reports away.

FuzzyStarburst

Recruiter

03-28-2011

I'm very curious at what Riot has to say on the subject of 'Unskilled Player'. What is their vision of an unskill player? I'm sure we've all had bad games. Playing Heimerdinger solo lane vs Blitzcrank and a good damage dealer, one mistake and you're almost definitely dead. This is okay in ranked, but in normal, I'm going to make mistakes at least sometimes.

My opinion is that this specific report function should only be used for ranked games, to make ELO hell at least a little more bearable. Personally, I think there should be a normal game ELO requirement to even play ranked, though.

Ninjatude

03-28-2011

Have you guys ever heard of a "Defeat Forgiven"?

Happened to me once, probably after everyone on my team reported someone;

It happens when Riot staff acknowledge that there were extenuating circumstances regarding your match, and you should not have lost it, due to lag, unskilled players, griefers, etc.
It blocks loss of ELO or rank.

I think that's what "Unskilled Player" report is for.

Desolate Specter

03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjatude View Post
Have you guys ever heard of a "Defeat Forgiven"?

Happened to me once, probably after everyone on my team reported someone;

It happens when Riot staff acknowledge that there were extenuating circumstances regarding your match, and you should not have lost it, due to lag, unskilled players, griefers, etc.
It blocks loss of ELO or rank.

I think that's what "Unskilled Player" report is for.
If that were true, then everybody will report one person just so that their elo doesn't get penalized. Someone who loses every match will just report one player saying he was "Unskilled Player" and bam, no loss of elo or rank? I don't think that's how it works. I don't know either but I'm sure it not what you stated.

Macuahuitl

04-19-2011

Well I guess no one gets banned after the first report. But if someone is reported unskilled 100 times, there may be something behind it.

deconandnos

04-19-2011

I think Riot is going farther and farther downhill...seriously...I really hope this is a joke at the really horrible players expense...

hampsterblade

04-19-2011

I think what they mean is the reports are reviewed on an individual basis. If someone has 20 reports for being unskilled, and they check his games and every game he's played in he fed, chanced are, he is actually an unskilled player.