@Riot Report Unskilled Player?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garlic Prawn

03-20-2011

I was a bit worried that you can report people for being "Unskilled". At first glance, this seems to promote elitism.

Another issue is what Riot would do about Unskilled Player reports. Is it just there for people to vent? Or would you drop that person's ELO or something? If so, this might open things up for griefers to knock other players down to lower ELO for fun.

A note that I've played with people(usually playing Assasin characters) who tell their team to move in, then just run off without joining the fight when it looked like it wasn't going well. These guys usually have great scores because they got a few kills from ganks but never died because they were never in the team fights. It is also these people who are usually the first ones to call others unskilled, and use their scores as "evidence."

Villiroth

03-21-2011

I hope its not to suspend ones account after X reports.

Lets all think positive and hopes it to help sort MM or something...

othic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2011

I've found people verbally threatening in-game saying things like, "I'll report you for being unskilled."
To me, having the option has its drawbacks.

Lollipopsaurus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl the Pagan View Post
Please know that no one is banned automatically based on the Report A Player feature.
Then why is the option there? I'm curious what you do with those reports. I'm not saying people need to be banned for playing poorly, but what difference does reporting for something like this make? Does it weed out the reports of people who are raging at their teammates? Do you use the number of bad player reports to alter matchmaking?

RacerXonclar

03-22-2011

I definitely want to hear the reasoning behind this report option as well. You can't have options to report people flaming, raging, quit, and acting like general asses.../and/ have the option for the flaming, raging, quitting asses to report whoever they want because they're "unskilled".

I tend to play champs that require a lot of teamwork, particularly assassins. If I'm Eve and my team isn't working with me, setting me up for ganks, or in worse case leaving me last hits...I'm underpowered, undergeared, and essentially feeder food unless someone else on my team can carry it. Yet...I can be reported for being unskilled? It's completely subjective. So many of the tactics in this game are not taught by the game itself (last-hitting, not autoattacking, etc)...so we can report others for not understanding them?

To me, the "Unskilled Player" option is completely counterproductive, as a game and a community. You shouldn't encourage the playerbase to flame and nitpick itself, and you, as a game, shouldn't be wasting time sifting through hundreds of Unskilled Player reports from flaming idiots. (Like the Kat that raged at me for not harassing with Nasus' Wither o.O)

EDIT: Yay, Summoner Code thing didn't display correctly on Chrome and didn't accept.

Tolstoysrage

03-22-2011

I would think this is a way to weed out constantly nagging jerk's who dismiss new players. If someone has a penchant for reporting players as Unskilled, Riot can just ignore the reporter's submissions and dismiss his other reports, knowing he's hyper-critical.

GG DraKe

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerXonclar View Post
I definitely want to hear the reasoning behind this report option as well. You can't have options to report people flaming, raging, quit, and acting like general asses.../and/ have the option for the flaming, raging, quitting asses to report whoever they want because they're "unskilled".

I tend to play champs that require a lot of teamwork, particularly assassins. If I'm Eve and my team isn't working with me, setting me up for ganks, or in worse case leaving me last hits...I'm underpowered, undergeared, and essentially feeder food unless someone else on my team can carry it. Yet...I can be reported for being unskilled? It's completely subjective. So many of the tactics in this game are not taught by the game itself (last-hitting, not autoattacking, etc)...so we can report others for not understanding them?

To me, the "Unskilled Player" option is completely counterproductive, as a game and a community. You shouldn't encourage the playerbase to flame and nitpick itself, and you, as a game, shouldn't be wasting time sifting through hundreds of Unskilled Player reports from flaming idiots. (Like the Kat that raged at me for not harassing with Nasus' Wither o.O)

EDIT: Yay, Summoner Code thing didn't display correctly on Chrome and didn't accept.
Blaming your team for "not carrying" when you're playing a ganker usually means you're in an elo higher than what you're meant to be in. Lose a few games, solve your problems.

visitation

03-23-2011

Riot, Please remove this feature. It's purely subjective. Are you really going to ban someone after multiple reports of Unskilled Player? It's only going to hit your bottom line...

Iratus

03-25-2011

I've reported several people as "Unskilled Player" in both ranked and normals. I use this handy guideline I developed from my years of study and experimentation on monkeys.

Did they feed?
Did they farm well?
Did they listen to suggestions/warnings from the team?
Did they repeat mistakes several times?

If you answered three of those questions unfavorably when scoring their play for that game, then chances are you have an Unskilled Player on your team. Two is pushing it, they might have just had a bad game. One is normal to have. Four is impossible. No one can be that arrogant and ignorant to how LoL works to think they're the ultimate player who needs no input.

owait

genes1s

03-25-2011

players get pissed for someone doing bad

players want to report this person for doing bad

players use the report button and select "unskilled"

riot now has a built in filter so they can ignore the reports that are from "mad" summoners, and possibly focus on the reports that matter. eg harassment, afk, leaving, etc.

well, that's what i would hope.