Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pantheon - Heartseaker or spear shot first?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeLpZ

Recruiter

02-09-2010

Which would be best for ganking? Heart does a ton more damage but drains mana like nothing else.. and is infinity edge acceptable for him?

RageQuit

Recruiter

02-09-2010

It depends on if you're asking what skill to get at level 1...or what skill to max first.

Spear shot at level 1 for sure. I prefer to max E early for farming and team fights.

FeLpZ

Recruiter

02-09-2010

what skill to max first. like for early ganks, which should i go for.

Jothki

02-09-2010

I'd say that depends on whether you have an ally with a stun. If you can't hold the enemy in place for the whole duration, heartseeker is going to be completely worthless. Spear shot will work in a far wider range of circumstances. It's also much better for last hitting and harassing while laning.

I generally avoid going beyond a single rank of heartseeker until I have enough attack damage to make the cost worthwhile.

Fbsunny

02-09-2010

Heartseeker gets improved much more by items then it does by leveling it up. Once you get a BF sword you can farm minions plenty well with level one heartseeker, and without extra damage even level 3 or 4 heartseeker won't kill a wave of minions.

Also the fact that you will most likely spear 2-3 times each fight/gank and use it for harassing means that you will overall do more damage if you level spear up first both for ganking and for harassing.
So I generally go
QWEQQR
but if you are trying for first blood then this also can work well
WQEQQR

FeLpZ

Recruiter

02-09-2010

ok, stack B.F. sword and last whisper or infinity edge?

BatesThaBeast

02-10-2010

IMO completely depends on your summonor abilities, your planned item build, who your playing against, and whos gonna lane with you..........

I personally get first bloods leveling heart @ lvl 1 then use exhaust, ignite, heartseeker, then chase in combo with a lane partner. Ive had people badger me and say not to get a meki pendant, but i like to spam spear and heartseeker so i get it first. It allows for a steady flow of damage. Depending on how good i do, my next item would then be the bf sword, or if Im not doing so well maybe boots of swiftness, beserker greaves, something for speed to get away from dying, really depends on the dynamics of the match.

Sometimes when im getting alot of kills, and i can kinda tell the team im playing against isnt so good, or doesnt know how to play against me i get a sword of the occult second..........Overall id say build your AP, then build accordingly, dont use one set strategy.

Siky

02-10-2010

Try not to go off a fixed build. Do what the game needs the most. If you find that your team lacks CC and the opposing team is unorganized meaning they don't group a lot or there are people who straggle and try to play too aggressively, max out aegis ASAP. People will say otherwise, but the point of Aegis is to stop people from casting, to kill certain Ults and to drop overly aggressive players.

As for Heartseeker vs Spear Shot. If you're an offensive player, Heartseeker works better. Spear works better if you're defensive. If you're planning to harass, 2 or 3 levels of Spear Shot is amazing. Also if you are planning to help someone with Lizard/Golem, DO NOT GET EITHER, get Aegis. If you get jumped, you will die with the other 2 unless you have Exhaust/Flash and your entire group doesn't get wasted early.

Play like 5 games with either and see what works better for you would be the best answer. Spear I find to be the safest and most productive.

FeLpZ

Recruiter

02-10-2010

screw all this complicated **** for a mediocre champion, i'd rather stack ap with zilean, mash my face over the keyboard, and carry every game to victory.

Fbsunny

02-10-2010

Quote:
FeLpZ:
screw all this complicated **** for a mediocre champion, i'd rather stack ap with zilean, mash my face over the keyboard, and carry every game to victory.

ROFL, how could you think Pantheon is mediocre, last game I carried my team to victory, going 22-5, with no one else on my team above a 1.5:1 kd.