Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Prepare Yourselves for the League of Legends 2010 Winter Games Celebration

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaoz1

02-16-2010

Nice looking skins especially Union Jack Fiddlesticks

Daerv Eth

02-17-2010

Really cool skins I love them
Continue doing great job riots

LordBane999

02-18-2010

you gave us vancouver and whistler, but i was really hoping for a skin based of the candian flag, besides the american and british spirit, also wanted to state that twitch looks in support of germany despite being named aftre whistler village black, red, and yellow is the exact order of the colors of the german flag when hanged, even though ammnu is in olympic colors and then a jax hockey skin without any alliegiance, sadly besides the name of our cities nothing much canadian going on, it's like ya an honurable subtle mention for canada, also to other people canadian players of this game are not small in numbers as if you have seen other threads regarding international service of the game inlcuding based on riot points, there is a large number of us who do play this game in canada, maybe not as large as the us of course, but together with other players from the phlilipines and some parts of europe we should make a large enough base to market too, of course though if they actually start offering riot cards outside the us then maybe we would have even more players for them to market to, (up here we even have a hard time getting thew ultimate game card to use with other f2p games)

also while the redone map is nice when do we get a new one? you can release all the skins you want but if some us don't have a way to pay for them without riot cards then how can we get them? (we shouldn't have to be forced to sign up for a pre-paid credit card or credit card, just to buy things ingame)

I'm also surprised by a game that gets alot of player from the east as well you didn't try making one skin for them either, i realize you are an american company, but you are marketing to an international market or are you not?

Deesix

02-18-2010

Quote:
LordBane999:

also while the redone map is nice when do we get a new one? you can release all the skins you want but if some us don't have a way to pay for them without riot cards then how can we get them? (we shouldn't have to be forced to sign up for a pre-paid credit card or credit card, just to buy things ingame)

You can buy the gift cards at best buy, use paypal through your bank account, or pick up a no-commitment prepaid mastercard from any convenience or grocery store. They've really made every effort to have accessible forms of payment here.

LordBane999

02-19-2010

Quote:
Deesix:
You can buy the gift cards at best buy, use paypal through your bank account, or pick up a no-commitment prepaid mastercard from any convenience or grocery store. They've really made every effort to have accessible forms of payment here.

riot cards are only available at the american bestbuy, which canadian consumers can't buy from online (because we have our own seperate best buy chain here, only sahres the name products sold at them do differ and riot points aren't available at bestbuy canada yet)

online banking is not something everyone wants to do especially since most banks charge you extra for doing the online banking

also pre-paid credit cards are not available in every grocery store everywhere you still need to sign up with one in most places with a bank, and their is restrictions set on them just like a normal credit card

also having riot cards available up here, would make it cheaper for us, as most places i've been consider these a gift card and don't charge tax on them (meaning if i bought a 25 dollar riot card up here for example, they would sell it as if the tax was already included int he 25 dollars)

ddcbook1

03-29-2011

...Could not play anymore today.