[GUIDE] Gangplank - New Parleyy Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

donnyFYASKO

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlando View Post
lets get a few things out of the way. is a melee build with gangplank viable? yes. is a melee build viable with twisted fate? of course. is it how they were intended to be built? stop smoking crackrock. gangplank was designed to be a caster. he wasnt just designed and it said, heres this guy now make an item build that works. either something works or it doesnt. a champion and a decent item build is not like finding a cure for cancer, its not discovering a 30 extra man cheat code without a nintendo power. its a relatively easy thing to do for most of us who have time, a calculator and some s**** paper. there were people who played melee plank builds before so obviously after parley is changed to physical they will still be viable.

so someone had a good game with a melee plank. im sure i could use my old build with magic penetration and at least land some kills with barrage and hug turrets and not die. kd rations prove nothing. im winning games with this new ****plank, but hes still broken.

i just had some kid tell me. "hes not broken you are just building him wrong", "above all else stack crit", this is with me holding a zeal and cloak of agility. i explained that parley didnt crit like it used to, he said "of course it does". i said no man, they changed it to physical. he replied, "if its physical then why build ap kid". i look at my inventory, holding a pstone, heal pot, zeal, brutalizer, boots of mobility, cloak of agility and said, "what did you say? you realize im not holding an ap item right". with an "lol ok guy" he left. he told me during the game that gangplank used to be his "main". so after the exchange in the game lobby where i went 6/1/1 i looked at his profile. his name was snowcap. gangplank mustve been his main when he started because hes not even in the top 3 on his profile and nasus is there with 11 wins.

i have 245 games played as gangplank. im not some "kid" or "noob" who will just jump to the next guy who is op to make up for my playing skill. i noticed last patch i played a gangplank who was scoring some decent games EVERY game. sometimes i wasnt able to play with gangplank only to have someone play him horribly. i notice every game ive played today there has been a ryze, most games have a ryze on both sides. those gangplanks you saw last patch that all you people whined about? they are going ryze now and guess what, hes now more op than parley ever thought about being. guess what will happen. people will cry, riot will take back all the buffs they gave ryze and nerf him more.

ill continue playing gangplank, i will adapt my game, i will change my build, i will still win games while the majority of you continue to play horribly and make excuses that other champions are overpowered and/or you play pick up games so you lose greater than 50%. all that being said, parley is still useless, barrage is **** if you build like this thread suggests. gangplank was made to be a caster. he is now broken. i started another thread and in it i had several people quip. "oh he has one bad game and now his champion is broken". the door swings both ways, you cant have a guy having a couple good games and say "proof, see hes not broken youre just building wrong". its simple logic. he wasnt designed to be like this, he was only made like this as a response to people crying about his alleged overpowering, which was hardly a cry before they put grog on parley. i realize grog was always supposed to apply to parley, but in hindsight im sure we will all agree it was too much. i think it should either apply now and parley stay this way, or it not apply and put parley back to the way it was before the last 2 patches. i mean, grog is his passive. hes no stronger than teemos blind with parley now.
needs a TL;DR

gunsharp

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlando View Post
lets get a few things out of the way. is a melee build with gangplank viable? yes. is a melee build viable with twisted fate? of course. is it how they were intended to be built? stop smoking crackrock. gangplank was designed to be a caster. he wasnt just designed and it said, heres this guy now make an item build that works. either something works or it doesnt. a champion and a decent item build is not like finding a cure for cancer, its not discovering a 30 extra man cheat code without a nintendo power. its a relatively easy thing to do for most of us who have time, a calculator and some s**** paper. there were people who played melee plank builds before so obviously after parley is changed to physical they will still be viable.

so someone had a good game with a melee plank. im sure i could use my old build with magic penetration and at least land some kills with barrage and hug turrets and not die. kd rations prove nothing. im winning games with this new ****plank, but hes still broken.

i just had some kid tell me. "hes not broken you are just building him wrong", "above all else stack crit", this is with me holding a zeal and cloak of agility. i explained that parley didnt crit like it used to, he said "of course it does". i said no man, they changed it to physical. he replied, "if its physical then why build ap kid". i look at my inventory, holding a pstone, heal pot, zeal, brutalizer, boots of mobility, cloak of agility and said, "what did you say? you realize im not holding an ap item right". with an "lol ok guy" he left. he told me during the game that gangplank used to be his "main". so after the exchange in the game lobby where i went 6/1/1 i looked at his profile. his name was snowcap. gangplank mustve been his main when he started because hes not even in the top 3 on his profile and nasus is there with 11 wins.

i have 245 games played as gangplank. im not some "kid" or "noob" who will just jump to the next guy who is op to make up for my playing skill. i noticed last patch i played a gangplank who was scoring some decent games EVERY game. sometimes i wasnt able to play with gangplank only to have someone play him horribly. i notice every game ive played today there has been a ryze, most games have a ryze on both sides. those gangplanks you saw last patch that all you people whined about? they are going ryze now and guess what, hes now more op than parley ever thought about being. guess what will happen. people will cry, riot will take back all the buffs they gave ryze and nerf him more.

ill continue playing gangplank, i will adapt my game, i will change my build, i will still win games while the majority of you continue to play horribly and make excuses that other champions are overpowered and/or you play pick up games so you lose greater than 50%. all that being said, parley is still useless, barrage is **** if you build like this thread suggests. gangplank was made to be a caster. he is now broken. i started another thread and in it i had several people quip. "oh he has one bad game and now his champion is broken". the door swings both ways, you cant have a guy having a couple good games and say "proof, see hes not broken youre just building wrong". its simple logic. he wasnt designed to be like this, he was only made like this as a response to people crying about his alleged overpowering, which was hardly a cry before they put grog on parley. i realize grog was always supposed to apply to parley, but in hindsight im sure we will all agree it was too much. i think it should either apply now and parley stay this way, or it not apply and put parley back to the way it was before the last 2 patches. i mean, grog is his passive. hes no stronger than teemos blind with parley now.
tl;dr - Gangplank is not melee. Ryze is now the new QQ by kids who don't know what MR is and will likely get overnerfed next patch.

gamemirage

02-10-2010

rest in peace gangplank; i'll miss you.

all of you kids playing against complete trash newbs and posting your screens saying look gangplank is good if you play him like me are dumb.

the thing i can say for sure is that gangplank is completely worthless early game now... im about to go see if he really is as nerfed as i think he is but i'm sure i'll just switch heros or quit this game instead.

AND OMG STOP SAYING ITS A BUFF BECAUSE NOW IT SYNERGIZES WITH HIS MELEE! WHO CARES?! If you seriously think gangplanks melee is better than it was synergized with his ULTIMATE, then you are mentally challenged.

Gangplank basically has one ability now: Remove Scurvy.

So smokeD, you're one of the r etards on the test realm responsible for this ****? Thanks a lot newb.

phantom10

02-10-2010

yes plank is **** now you say its a buff but its not. sure it better synergizes with his melee but it does a lot less dmg now. 700 is not nothing compaired to 1.1k and his melee is still good before the nerf it would crit for 350. yes now his best move is remove scurvy and any decent tank can mow over GP now. this is really not a buff so stop saying it is and blowing smoke over it because all n all GP does less dmg with parrrley and does 100 dmg more with his melee

(He is officially on my ****list of champs now because i cant play like that.)

donnyFYASKO

02-11-2010

+1 to past 3 posts. Gangplank was my main (averaging 10k/2d/8a every game pre-phys parrley). I am quite sad to let him go...

I don't understand what warranted this nerf on GP... Banshee/MR items could've negated/reduced the infamous 1k crits most people QQ about.

If phys parrley, why not phys cannon barrage? If one were to make the argument that a "gun shot" shouldn't be counted as magical and is naturally fitting to be physical, what about Tristana?