[GUIDE] Gangplank - New Parleyy Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

keftes

Recruiter

02-10-2010

no sheen = fail gankplank

Dont make builds without thinking

Stormsoul

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
no sheen = fail gankplank

Dont make builds without thinking
correct me if i'm wrong, but it was my understanding that the damage bonus from sheen on parley was unable to crit, making it a fairly meh item?

Falleth

02-10-2010

Yeah, Additional 80~ dmg ain't really making difference, while 26% crit rate I can get for that price sure does.

Mrtakeiteasy

02-10-2010

Well, people don't like to change their builds because of huge monumental changes such as a change from magical damage to physical damage. Sheen still works technically, so why not keep it there.

Can't change what they think, just go with the build which works right for the person then.

Stormsoul

02-10-2010

meh, i tried sheen/triforce today with the new changes and it's alright. The only reason i even got it though is because i lack the mana regen i'd usually have with HG and needed some way to avoid running oom every 2 seconds. It's a decent little boost to your early game effectiveness/laning i suppose

Empyron

02-10-2010

This build seems incredibly ridiculously expensive. GL getting all that.

The Fat Battler

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeD View Post
Explanation on New Physical Parleyy:

Do not listen to the ignorant LoL players who think this is a nerf. This is a giant buff. Now this will make Gangplank have some actual skill synergy since now he will be able to be played more like a carry, and also this new parleyy will be affected by armor pen which will make the Brutalizer a key item for Gangplank.

Build:

The idea is going with a carry build of Blood Thirster, Inf Edge, Phantom Dancer, Berserker Greaves or Mercury's Treads, a Executioner's Calling and a Brutalizer.
Ignorant LoL players?

Okay, so your build takes 13160 Gold.

The old Mageplank build took 10587 Gold to build, and the extra 3000~ gold that you might be able to scrounge up can be used for a Phantom Dancer, or even a Warmog's.

Now, you include a Brutalizer in there. Why? Brutalizer almost doesn't help at all; most Champions naturally get to ~75 Armor, and so they take 57% damage from Parrley, and with the Brutalizer is becomes...62.5%. If they plop on an Atma's or a Sunfire, they go to over 110, so now you get to reduce it from 47% to 50%. >_> Ok?

And the Executioner's Calling is used...just for Parrley? What happened to the "synergy" between Parrley and his normal attacks?

And also, if you're going to attempt to use Gangplank to auto-attack, where is your survivability? Gangplank can't cover distance as quick as Yi, Jax, Udyr, etc. and needs minions nearby to do nearly as well as them so he needs to be able to take hits.

Quote:
Conclusion:

Their is now better synergy between his skills and his normal attack due to the new change of his Physical Parleyy. You will have constant 300-400 dmg regular hit Crits with a 1.67 attack speed and a 700-800 crit parleyy late game. Which is carry potential right there. You will also have a almost 500 movement speed with Raise Morale buff on.
And you'll also die to any Twitch and Tristana as you try to close the gap to auto-attack/run away after a Parrley.

aRcKuS

02-10-2010

Dunno if anyone cares to hear it anymore, but splitting the scaling stats of his abilities isn't a buff :O

And making it do PD isn't a buff either, because while MR doesn't scale up unless you get items, armor does :O

IGNORANCE BE UPON ME!

smokeD

02-10-2010

Ok let me fix these ideas with Sheen. This build is going to have Gangplank shine late game. Sheen doesn't help his early to mid game that much when you already have a crit on every parleyy shot. Next, Gangplank can cover a hella lot of distance since this build has a base of 452 movespeed. The 700-800 crit is due to the armor on tanks on people who don't buy armor it is over 1k crit.

@thebattler the build doesn't cost that much money, if you actually read it, which you clearly didn't it states the things you should buy depending on how long the game goes. If you get all those items in a game as I told you my game was 70mins+, that is how I got all those items.

smokeD

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRcKuS View Post
Dunno if anyone cares to hear it anymore, but splitting the scaling stats of his abilities isn't a buff :O

And making it do PD isn't a buff either, because while MR doesn't scale up unless you get items, armor does :O

IGNORANCE BE UPON ME!
That is why they increased Attack % on the base of parleyy to 120%. Also there is more synergy which is also a buff which means now you can make a straight damage/crit build.

Going from Magical to Physical is a considerable buff because it synergizes with Armor Reduction or Armor Penetration.

The Armor Pen and Armor Reduction items are generally better for Gangplank than the Magic Pen items.

Before you guys complain please atleast try the build I know it's a new idea for you guys, but I played this kinda Gangplank before this patch came out, and I played this on Test Realm when the test realm patch to phys damage came out.