[GUIDE] Gangplank - New Parleyy Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smokeD

02-09-2010

Explanation on New Physical Parleyy:

Do not listen to the ignorant LoL players who think this is a nerf. This is a giant buff. Now this will make Gangplank have some actual skill synergy since now he will be able to be played more like a carry, and also this new parleyy will be affected by armor pen which will make the Brutalizer a key item for Gangplank.

Build:

The idea is going with a carry build of Blood Thirster, Inf Edge, Phantom Dancer, Berserker Greaves or Mercury's Treads, a Executioner's Calling and a Brutalizer.

So early game you start out with a Meki Pendant, and 2 Health Pots. You farm till Phil stone and BoS. The next item you will be going for is a Zeal for the PD. Next will be Brutalizer then you shall get a Executioners calling. You will Get a BF Sword, then Finish Phantom Dancer, then finish inf edge then build your Blood Thirster. After that late game I will usually sell my phil stone for blood thirster, and if i get enough money sell my Brutalizer for another Blood thirster. That was a 70 min game where I got that.

Masteries:

The basic 21/0/9 build going for Crit Damage and in utility going for mana regen/movement speed.

Runes:

I have all Crit Chance and Crit DMG quints. That is not very smart rune build though. You will want Red Armor Pen, Blue Crit Chance and Yellow Crit DMG, with Health/Crit DMG quints.

Summoner Spells:

Go with either, Exhaust and Flash, or Ignite - Flash or Rally - Exhaust. This all depends on your playing style I prefer Exhaust Flash since this is best for late game.

Skill Selection:

1: Parleyy
2: Remove Scurvy
3: Parleyy
4: Raise Morale
5: Parleyy
6: Cannon Barrage
7-18: Cannon Barrage > Parleyy > Raise Morale > Remove Scurvy

Reason for using Raise Morale is this is going to make your early game hella easy and Remove Scurvy should only be used for a cleanse.

Conclusion:

Their is now better synergy between his skills and his normal attack due to the new change of his Physical Parleyy. You will have constant 300-400 dmg regular hit Crits with a 1.67 attack speed and a 700-800 crit parleyy late game. Which is carry potential right there. You will also have a almost 500 movement speed with Raise Morale buff on.

smokeD

02-09-2010

Bump for great post!??

Juggernaux

02-09-2010

uhhh you can't have armor pen runes in the blue slots. They only come in Red and Quints.

smokeD

02-09-2010

Thank you for that fix. Edited.

Lolenub

02-09-2010

Good guide for the new build I guess. Crit chance on red/quints is best. Someone did some calculations and if your base crit (without runes, including items and mastery) is under 54% or something, go with crit chance, and if its over, go with crit damage.

Still won't like the new physical damage one as much. While it may be better for him as a carry, 800 crit damage still doesn't compare to the 1200 I can get before the patch.

Fbsunny

02-09-2010

I haven't tested this build out yet, but my plan is to go with something like this.
Philo stone first
boots->mobility
IE
PD
Black Cleaver
Thirster
Sell Philo, buy banshee's veil or frozen mallet.

I currently have 10% crit chance and 24% crit damage runes, but I start using my armor pen runes. My theoretical Parrrley crits if Black Cleaver has reduced them to 0 armor would be 1550.

gunsharp

02-09-2010

Shouldn't you actually use this build first before posting it in the guides section? As far as I know, the patch hasen't come out yet.

Ennbeard

02-09-2010

Sheen and Trinity force are still very useful for Parrrley unless they removed that. Plus Plank uses like, every stat in TF aside from AP. The slow is uesful as is the 1 / 1.5x attack damage added on. Plus it helps buff his first attack after activating scurvy or Raise morale.

That and sheen helps a lot early game and mid game, where plank is at his most effective. Phys or magical.

Meki -> Philo stone
Sheen
IE
Cleaver / Thirster / Trinity force / PD

This is all TheoryLoL though.

Mrtakeiteasy

02-10-2010

His passive is no longer activated by his parrrlay.

I still like my Gangplank build of pure damage

Berserks
Phantom Dancer
Occult (Well timed ults will let you rack assists/kills for charges easily unless this is a one-sided game)
Infinity Edge
Executioners Calling
Black Cleaver/Trinity Force/Phantom Dancer/Blood Thirster (I change from time to time)

Worked for me then, and is going to work even harder for me now...except I believe that Black cleaver is going to be more useful for me since it does a lot of armor reduction.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2010

-1 for not having sheen.