Truth to winning solo que rank: play perfect, not good.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Tyrant

Adjudicator

03-15-2011

Well i was gonna go off a bit on how feeders/DCers is the reason your elo is 1200. But we all know we get (terrible) feeders, and DCers that lose us games....But they don't make us lose every game......

Don't die during laning phase/Dont be afraid to recall: Sometimes it is priority just to farm and stay alive, then to pick a fight with the enemy champion(s) in your lane. Because sometimes there is some lane match ups you just cant win. With that being said, don't be afraid to blue pill if necessary. I.E. you're fighting a malz as ashe, if you are 50% health (him at 70% health) with ashe. Just go back and heal, because if that malz gets you in his nuke combo you be dead. And going back > then dying

Basic map awareness/avoiding ganks: First i wanna say, yes it may be frustrating if you get ganked by mid/top/bot and there was no MIA call. But in the end, its still your fault for not having paying attention to other lanes while still focusing on yours, paying attention to the two other lanes is part of playing perfect! If anything, train your self to focus on top and bottom lanes if you're more then half way to the enemy turret, because thats more then likely the enemies will try to gank you as well. Also, if you want to play it really safe, don't cross over more then the half way point in your lane if you don't have at least one escaping summoner ability (flash/ghost).

Help your jungle bro out: At the start of a match (most junglers start at golem) hook/leash the golem for your friend, that tad health he saves from doing so might be VERY useful soon later on.I don't care what lane you are in, If you see your poor emo mummy getting harrassed while trying to get a blue buff, help him out. You leaving lane for 30 seconds, and possible getting a kill is greater then your jungler getting ganked/or buff jacked.

Jungle help your lane bros out: Whether your allies are bad and cant win their lane, or just countered by the enemy champion. Go help them out, go attempt a gank. Even if the gank fails, you might get some damage on those champions, or just give them some paranoia not wanting to try risky stuff and kill your bros.

Tanks lead your army: Basic enough, tank dont be afraid to intiate. thats your job, in the long run its better for you to die then your carry. And if you are the tank, and your team is always running head. at least try to tell them something like "me lead, stay behind me". and if they don't listen, try your best to stay in front of them anyways :3

Carries don't rambo: Just because you are 4-0, and deal a lot of damage. Don't charge in first in team fights, you're not invincible. With the statement of you being fed in this situation, don't get cocky as well. Don't travel alone, don't tower dive, don't push lanes so far up in enemy territory, don't put your self in any position of threat that you will be slain.

(this applies to anyone really) Supports with stuns/silence: Try to time/cancel ults of enemy champions. I.E. time a silence on zilean, so he can't revive his friend who is getting nuked in a team fight. Stun a katarin who jumps out of no where with her ult. silence a malz right when he casts his ult, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last hit: focusing on last hitting minions (getting the finishing blow) and not farming with your abilities. Why? The further up your lane, the further you are in danger. The further up your enemy is in your lane, better chance for your jungle bro to get a successful gank!

Buy some HP/MR/Armor if you're carry: basic concept. Whats the point of having all damage in the world, if the enemies kill just as fast (or even faster) because you have no survivability.

Ward Baron/Dragon:
I don't think some people are aware of how getting/controling dragon kills is really good. So try your best to ward dragon, and keep your enemies from obtaining it. While you and your team should try and kill dragon! But with dragon being this important, i think paying the extra gold for a anti-invis ward at dragon is worth it...And we all know how important baron is, and why we should ward the beast...

Buy wards when you recall, place them at your lane when you return: Simple, buy wards to help prevent you from getting ganked. and also, my preference is to put my wards half way at river, and the small exits from the enemy jungles (doesent matter what lane im in, i do this for all). Because the faster i see the enemy ganker coming, the better. Sometimes placing ward in your brush right next to your lane, does not save you enough time to survive a incoming gank.

Buying a Oracles: doing this can get tricky, because buying a oracles can be very very useful. or just a waste of money if you die three minutes later after buying. Whether you're tank, support, carry, etc. If you feel like you are good at staying alive, i suggest buying oracles.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xxx---= Playing Perfect=-...xxx

Everything i have said is just basic tips. When in truth, and in game. Everything i said actually may be opposite when put in the situation. I.E. Push/finish off mid turret, instead of helping your jungle. Go for the kill on malz (even with your ashe at 50% health) because you actually MIGHT be able to arrow/burn him before he can actually do anything to you. This skill cap for this game is actually pretty high. A lot of it is adapting to the current situations....The first and only step to playing perfect, is to admit you're at fault for every loss. See what you did wrong, study every team fight loss/death. Example: if i killed player A, instead of player B, would I still be alive? would my team still be alive? or maybe i should of killed neither and just backed. And don't use excuses like this guy i lane once against, the story in a nut shell: The moment i get FB on him in a solo lane match, he says "omg, stupid team mates. Jungler never helps me, hes so useless". Is your jungle bro really the reason you died?...So pay attention to every game, pay attention to every defeat. 80-90% after i study a defeat, even if i went 10-2 i will find some choices if i made differently, i prolly would of won/had a better chance of winning. So thats when i really realized, the question is not good how your score is, or how much you carried 40minutes into the game...But if you played Perfect.....

And another step to get really good, is to "use your head" when playing league of legends! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya1KYxhefW4

I least to think that i understood everything about this game, that it had a low skill cap, and i wasent climbing ladders because of feeders: But in truth, i was only okay/decent, and still am. But ever since i started playing again i began to study my losses, and admit i was the reason i was losing solo que rank. and i have since climbed from 1380, to currently 1580. And i hope to keep climbing the ladder! Anyhow, everything i have said has helped me personally become a better player, and hope it will for you too....You be really surprised how much one player can change the outcome of a game, most people think that outcome can only be bad (feeders/leavers/etc). But it can also be changed for the greater good.

purkel

03-15-2011

good advice.

ive noticed ive been losing alot of games because my team is too focused on ganking and never push.

i try leading a push and my whole team teleports to buy or goes off to jungle.

BabyNinjaJesus

03-15-2011

sounds like the basics broski

seriously

if you think sitting on a turret at 10% with 2 enemy champs at full hp coming at ya is a good idea

Get the **** outta mah game

Lina Perverse

03-15-2011

you also remind me when i play back final fantasy 10

remember those aurochs(blitsball) say..

Quote:
Whats our goal?
Quote:
Aurochs: TO DO OUR BEST
...23 years they haven't win a single blitsball game...

Quote:
Tidus: to WIN is our goal
those times....those times...

The Tyrant

Adjudicator

03-15-2011

lol, but blitzball was really fun for some reason! (at least to me anyways).

aNOMNOMoly

03-15-2011

Basic stuff here, but regardless of this advice, you'll still lose due to having morons on your regardless of how well you play. i'm 1600, and have been stuck there for the longest time just due to pure stupidity. Hell as jungle eve, i'll ward their own lane for them, ping the WW standing in full view in the bush... they'll still get ganked. Going up in solo que has very little to do with your own skill, part of it is, but certainly not all.

The Tyrant

Adjudicator

03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNOMNOMoly View Post
Basic stuff here, but regardless of this advice, you'll still lose due to having morons on your regardless of how well you play. i'm 1600, and have been stuck there for the longest time just due to pure stupidity. Hell as jungle eve, i'll ward their own lane for them, ping the WW standing in full view in the bush... they'll still get ganked. Going up in solo que has very little to do with your own skill, part of it is, but certainly not all.

I just don't think its really possible to be STUCK in a elo though...so we gonna say players like hotshotgg just got really lucky when climbing the ladder to get to that high elo?

ZTD09

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

I loved Blitzball. Best part of FFX.

LesPaulLover

03-15-2011

I've never seen a single person on my team buy a ward...ever. (not counting myself)

Your advice is all good and well, but the people who are terrible and don't care to get better aren't going to be reading it unfortunately.

My team **NEVER** listens to me when I suggest they don't push their lane. The usual response is "STFU noob" etc. The same thing applies to suggesting someone who's been ganked 3 times in the first 10 minutes buy a ward.

Your advice is all good and well, but you're not gonna get people at 800 rank to adjust their cookie-cutter builds because you ask them to; that's the very reason they're at 800 rank in the first place.

LesPaulLover

03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tyrant View Post
I just don't think its really possible to be STUCK in a elo though
Try playing at 500 Rank. You can **NOT** cover every single lane, in every single game you play.