The Short-Handed Buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DireShadow

03-15-2011

I'm sure this idea has come up before but with the increase in leavers and griefers over the past few months I feel this could be useful. Essentially when a player leaves or is unintentionally disconnected for more than five minutes the remaining teammates would receive a minimal buff proportional to the length of the time spent gone and capping out after 10 minutes.The more people gone the stronger the buff and as soon as the players are returned to the game the buff will be removed. Ideally this buff would be just enough to keep a team interested in playing the game rather than immediately determining they lost and having their /surrenders on the ready. The buff would probably affect health, armor, and magic resists to allow the team to defend as they await their teammate's return. Just a thought.

Edit: Probably doesn't belong here but I wasn't sure where to put it.

Vuliev

03-18-2011

I see this being abused by skilled arranged teams. I've had a lot of very close 4v5 games, and if we'd had any kind of buff we would have won, maybe even crushed the other team.

The Dodecahedron

03-18-2011

i think that is the point: to even things out. however, I can also see a problem when a feeder rage-quits he would stops feeding and buffs his mates. there would have to be a way to scale the buff according to the players usefulness which would be hard to estimate.

WindScorpion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2011

Anything that provides a benefit to the team for someone leaving can and probably will be abused.

DireShadow

03-20-2011

Where there is a will there's a way. I'm not saying it's the perfect idea, certainly not something for ranked games, but for the general public that go into games missing a member it can be rather discouraging. If anything this should work in conjunction with the leaver buster system to get rid of those players while not interrupting the rest. And no, this, of course, does nothing for feeders, afkers and the like but that is another mess entirely.