Is there any point refund when you buy the game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dirty Bugger

02-09-2010

I don't know if this has been addressed or explained, but I've been playing LOL for awhile and I've earned some points, enough to buy several champions. A friend decided to purchase the game for me, and it is on the way. The purchase includes 20 champions. If I've spent points to purchase one of those 20 champions, will I be refunded the points used to buy those champions when I activate the game once it arrives?

Karrot

02-09-2010

No, you can't get an IP (or RP) refund. I'd love to be able to explain why, but I don't actually know what the reasoning is.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-09-2010

There is no refund for previously purchased champions. In addition to the other components of each package (riot points, skins, etc.) both the game and the champion pack list what champions come with the purchase, allowing players to manage IP spending accordingly if they plan to purchase.

Dirty Bugger

02-09-2010

Then here are a few more questions: Do you lose the points you've earned? Your level? Would it be better to spend everything before activating the game?

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-09-2010

If you use your purchase code on your current account, it activates this on top of everything that you have. You do not lose any points, levels, runes and it does not affect your current IP or RP. The only change to your account will be based on whatever package you purchased and will immediately unlock the champions in that pack, along with any other skins, Riot Points or other rewards that were in the pack.