Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does Rank Games Get More IP and XP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taffy 3

03-14-2011

I would like to thank all polite responses in advance.

Please don't post, and Downvote this thread!
(now how many times do you read that)

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-14-2011

Nope, ranked currently give the same IP/XP as normal games.

There are quite a few people (and I'm starting to agree with them more and more) who think that ranked should give reduced IP, as you shouldn't be playing ranked games for the IP, you should already have enough champions and runes to play, and any IP you get should just be a bonus.

Your focus in ranked games should be winning, even at the expense of playing a champion or two that you don't enjoy all that much, to better fulfill the team's needs; don't play Ashe if your team already has Ezreal and Tristana.

Jooma

03-14-2011

Panzerfaust is correct and I am one of those people who agree ranked should have reduced IP.

For your own benefit I would strongly recommend you learn as much as possible about competitive play in this game before you attempt to play ranked games.

Rattestail

04-02-2011

Nope

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-02-2011

Quote:
Rattestail:
Nope

I understand you're trying to be helpful, but posting in old threads that are already answered (and more fully than your answer) isn't actually helping. If you have something to contribute that wasn't mentioned, or if you would like some clarification about something mentioned, then by all means feel free to post. Posting in a thread brings it up in the list of posts, and will show it with a 'has new post!' tag for those who had visited the thread before; this is causing a lot of people to look at this thread assuming there's either new info, or a new question, rather than a meaningless (albeit maybe well intentioned) post.

Kawako

04-02-2011

Wouldn't there not be any xp involved anyway if you are 30 and doing ranked?

Taffy 3

04-02-2011

Yes, I realized that as soon as I posted it an actually read the title.

Pleas someone tell me how to close this post and put and end to my suffering.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-02-2011

Not a big deal, as long as it wasn't malicious ( ), and you're learning. And it isn't like you weren't trying to be helpful. Don't worry about deleting your posts in cases like this, they blow over.

(I believe I reacted a bit harshly towards you, there have been a lot of old posts brought up, and for stupid reasons lately that I've just been a bit agitated by it.)

Taffy 3

04-02-2011

I didn't dreg it up someone else did thought it was buried.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-02-2011

Even less of a reason for you to be concerned (I noticed, but was having issues editing my post), especially since someone posted after me asking a question. (Once it's brought back to the top, it's not as big of a deal, but it's still nice to let it fall back once it's usefulness has been depleted.)

@'XP in ranked?':

You can play ranked games once you hit level 20, but only in full arranged queues (a full 5 man for SR, or 3 man for TT). This ensures that your team knows that they'll be playing with a sub 30.