Discussion on Effect of Improving Match Maker.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hampsterblade

04-25-2011

bump for importance.

GG DraKe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2011

Kills + assists as one stat.
Deaths.
Would be the most important one. You could normalize the stats based on previous records for each champion, and then compare them on your own team.
Those who score higher get more elo, those who score lower get less elo.
If the team loses, those who score higher lose less elo, those who score higher get more elo.

I'm not for advocating builds into elo, as builds are VERY flexible.

hampsterblade

04-26-2011

So I think we all pretty much agree ELO needs to en corporate champion based K/D. Support characters should have higher ratios than carries etc.

Also amount of times you die compared to your team is important.
I say compared to your team because if your entire team is feeding,
even if your being a good boy and holding off the best you can, they all just turret dive you because they have 6 kills each and can do that.

It gets really bad because I don't really play carries enough and I feel the game is forcing me to. I am not in ranked games yet, but in normal matchmaking the more my teams lose, the worse the games get. I am now at 110/124 because every team I get has at least 2-3 feeders. You can only do so much to compensate for them, and as a support there's almost nothing you can do. I played a game with a Modekaiser who went 0/8/0. He claimed to have just had a bad game. That same game I went 2/6/3. Nobody on my team had more than 2 kills. The final score of the game my team had 7 kills and 37 deaths. They absolutely refused to surrender and as Karthus my attacks were worthless. You can't make a good build if you can't farm or get kills. The game was just sad. The more games I get stuck in like this, the more it seems to happen. I feel like I'm plummeting down into games with worse and worse players, and the teams are never ballanced. I always end up with a team of feeders, and the other team always gets fed. The other team usually have one person with a **** connection, but a team of feeders is worse than 4v5. If you have 3 feeders on your team it feels more like 2v6. Another game was similar to this I was playing Evelyne and me and Akali were the only 2 people on the team with kills. Everyone else was feeding. Akali was 13/6/3 and I was 3/4/10. 2 players can't carry against a fed team well though and the final result of that game was like 18/50. The problem is as you go down to a lower ELO, your team gets worse and the other team gets better. You are forced to lose and get knocked further down until you are where I am. I have almost reached the point where I am ready to quit because I can't get a decent team for anything. The matchmaking is broken, end of story.

Lukam

04-26-2011

Assists should be ATLEAST as much worth as kills becouse an assist shows that you helped a teammate take down an enemy when a kill just show you got the killing blow OR went solo wich is very hard for your team to deal with

TheMagicStik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2011

If they tried to change the MM system to be based on something else, lets say kills, then support and tank characters wouldnt be as high up, league of legends is all about how well you can work with your team.

Thoughtzilla

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdr4kex View Post
I don't think you understand the point of this post. Elo is a poor indicator of where you SHOULD be on the ladder. Just because your chances of winning are 50% (or less) doesn't mean you deserve to be at that elo or even lower. When you have 10 people being randomly picked in a 5v5 game, the randomness of a win/loss CANNOT be predicted. That's why you never get an evenly matched game.

Elo needs to be changed to be based on more than just wins/losses, and they need to look at your deaths compared to rest of your team, and assists and kills (as one value) compared to the rest of your team.

It doesn't matter if you're playing Twitch or Soraka, or Shen, you should NOT be dying unnecessarily in a game. If you do, you deserve to be moved down.

Losing 12 elo every time you lose when you were 9/3/21 and the rest of your team was 0/8/7 is pathetic.
THIS. I could not agree more vehemently. I am bored to tears of losing games due to even a SINGLE person feeding needlessly. Its not lack of communication, its not lag, its not even a new player, because typically new players will listen to constructive criticism - its just flat out bad players not willing to get better. Put them in their own bracket so they can play with others who "don't care" because "it's just a game". I play games to be competitive and its extremely frustrating to have a matchmaking system which just randomly throws me together with 4 people who may or may not have a clue. PLEASE RIOT. FIX IT.

GG DraKe

04-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicStik View Post
If they tried to change the MM system to be based on something else, lets say kills, then support and tank characters wouldnt be as high up, league of legends is all about how well you can work with your team.
I keep saying this in my posts, and I say it again, I STRONGLY suggest putting kills and assists as just ONE stat when considering elo changes.