Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

USC Zeratul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2011

So my first experience with ranked games:

First game, I was (1,2,1), we lost
We had a Warwick (0,5,1) on our team that fed horribly

5th game, I was (2,1,0)
The score was 2:9 (I had our only 2 kills)
We had a Zilean (0,4,0) and a Pantheon (0,3,1)
At the end, I was (3,5,5)
Zilean was (0,10,6) and Pantheon was (2,8,6)
Fail

I've played 6 ranked games, and out of all 6, there was a feeder on my team in all of them
So much for ranked being more competitive huh?

Question:
How much ELO on average do you lose per lost?
How much per win?

Minahs Day

03-13-2011

Depends if they're your elo, you lose about 20 points, if they're lower elo, 50+ points lost, if they're higher elo, around 20 lost. If you win against your elo 30 - 20 points, lower elo, 20 points, higher elo 50+..

Yeah, I'm stuck in elo hell too, it's not your fault because the first 5 games you play that basically determine your rank will get you effed if the people you're teamed with are just baddies.

USC Zeratul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

After 1 day, I had 2 wins and 1 lost with an ELO of 1254
Next day, I have 3 wins 3 losses with an ELO of around 1210
>_<

Trickbaby

03-14-2011

I have not noticed any real difference in the quality of players, going from unranked to ranked. You still have people who are AFK at the champ select screen, people who are ready to quit if they don't get first blood and teams where EVERYONE has to play a carry class because in LoL, kills = skills apparently...

something's gotta give... the unranked setup does not promote ANY kind of team oriented participation... it's all about who has the most kills. Once these players hit 30, they go into ranked with the exact same mindset... if they aren't on the dominating team at the 10 minute mark, they say the game is over and either sit afk till the match is forfeited.

essentially anyone playing a tank or support is going to get harassed and called a noob, because they wont have many kills, so why would they continue to play these roles if there is no real benefit? Who cares if you team won, because the number of kills is all that matters... right????

KidConfucius

03-14-2011

the quality of players is terrible in ranked as opposed to normal. won my first 5 games straight , then had a couple losses , then it was win loss win loss ect for a few games , then something happened , i droped to about 1000 and seemed to cross some line and now im struggling to get more then 1 out of every 5 games as a win because i keep getting teams that feed and loose control of their lanes within the first 5 - 10 minutes. i often play tanks because im quite good at them , but its impossible to tank effectively for a team that feeds , because a tank needs assists , then you end up finishing the game with a worse score then your idiot carries because they fed early game and the other team snowballed. and a tank whos underfed and lvled compared to the other team is just an easy target. and people in low elo ( not sure about higher ) dont seem to understand that regardless of how you may be turning it around mid game , if you have fed early game and lost some towers then unless the enemy team are stupid then you arent going to come back from that. and the games i decide to be a carry instead doesnt seem to go much better , i may be finishing with a good score but one person cant win a game alone

Trickbaby

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoKing View Post
the quality of players is terrible in ranked as opposed to normal. won my first 5 games straight , then had a couple losses , then it was win loss win loss ect for a few games , then something happened , i droped to about 1000 and seemed to cross some line and now im struggling to get more then 1 out of every 5 games as a win because i keep getting teams that feed and loose control of their lanes within the first 5 - 10 minutes. i often play tanks because im quite good at them , but its impossible to tank effectively for a team that feeds , because a tank needs assists , then you end up finishing the game with a worse score then your idiot carries because they fed early game and the other team snowballed. and a tank whos underfed and lvled compared to the other team is just an easy target. and people in low elo ( not sure about higher ) dont seem to understand that regardless of how you may be turning it around mid game , if you have fed early game and lost some towers then unless the enemy team are stupid then you arent going to come back from that. and the games i decide to be a carry instead doesnt seem to go much better , i may be finishing with a good score but one person cant win a game alone
This is exactly what i was referring to.

Nowhere during summoner levels 1-30 is team balance or cohesiveness addressed, at all. Basically, the team selection screen comes up, everyone picks their favorite carry. If you're lucky then someone's "flavor of the month" will be a tank, so you'll have a somewhat balanced team. However, nobody is going to change their pick based on the needs of the team... they want to be the person with the most kills, regardless of the games outcome.

Then, when the game ends, the carries can all point out how they had all the kills on the team and the "noob" tank/support has 1 or 2 kills and the rest assists...

considering this behavior carries directly over to the ranked games, its no wonder things are so screwed up at the moment.

KidConfucius

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickbaby View Post
This is exactly what i was referring to.

Nowhere during summoner levels 1-30 is team balance or cohesiveness addressed, at all. Basically, the team selection screen comes up, everyone picks their favorite carry. If you're lucky then someone's "flavor of the month" will be a tank, so you'll have a somewhat balanced team. However, nobody is going to change their pick based on the needs of the team... they want to be the person with the most kills, regardless of the games outcome.

Then, when the game ends, the carries can all point out how they had all the kills on the team and the "noob" tank/support has 1 or 2 kills and the rest assists...

considering this behavior carries directly over to the ranked games, its no wonder things are so screwed up at the moment.
yep , happened to me the other day . was soloing bot with malhpite against tryn and cho , because our swain was afk for first 5 minutes . i was farming alright and hadnt come close to dying . then swain finally showed up and i was no longer getting enough exp to stay ahead of tryn and cho , and our jungle trundle had done next to nothing so far , so the other team started ganking us. i hadnt had a chance to go back till i was lvl 8 or 9 because we had that afker and our mordekaiser accused me for not having any decent items built yet. then at about 15 minutes our trundle goes afk for the rest of the game. and our swain couldnt understand that us loosing at mid game was a direct result of us having to play early game a person down . he had some kills and decent items. as far as he was concerned we would be able to turn it around even though by now the other teams snowballing has become an avalanche and we have lost half our towers to their one or two towers down. i think i finished 2/10/4 or something bad like that , because i had no real early game due to being solo without any ganks/support and then trying to tank for feeders and a team that would continue to get ganked in bushes ect over and over.

or played as vlad in another game , our ashe called mid and mordekaiser also said ashe should mid. a couple minutes in ashe has given up 3 deaths to karthus so i go to swap with ashe. ashe however stays in mid instead of going down bot. mordekaiser overextended while solo and dies. bottom comes up to gank mid while ive forced karthus back under his tower and am about to kill him. get ganked in mid and die. top lane isnt doing great either. so now im under lvled due to running about the lanes trying to pick up the slack for other players and im underfed , and mordekaiser calls me a noob for being so , even though it was his opinion that ashe should mid at first , and his idea for me to swap when ashe was failing.

USC Zeratul

03-15-2011

Out of my 6 games so far, that's basically what happened in 5 of them
Even when I'm tanking, and no one has a problem with how I'm playing, theres 1 person who complains about everything.
He is feeding, but still complains that I never initiate enough. I'm talking about at level 7 when they have 5 under their turret at near full health, and we have 4 on our team. He complains how I should never play tank again, because (In my first game as Malphite) my score was 1,2,1 and I never initiated(which was basically suicide). His score was something like 1,5,2. When the other people on my team told him to stop complaining, he talks about how he is the best on our team and everyone else sucked.