Ranked Gameplay should be Exclusive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hatticus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2011

I have over 300 games in ranked solo queu. At one point i was just over 1300, then one of those incredible losing streaks hit and i'm now struggling to stay above 1000, even tho my gameplay has improved quite a bit. Here's what i have learned....There needs to be restrictions (aside from just hitting lvl30) in order to play ranked. Maybe 1/1000 are ready for ranked the moment they ding. Easily 3/5 of ranked players have no right to be there, which means the ELO is flooded with fresh, scoreless players it has to fit into teams. 2/3 of every game below 1300 is significantly gimped on one side or the other by one or more of these players. My suggestion is this...put other limitations in to qualify for ranked gameplay...and base their starting ELO for it on their games played since hitting lvl 30. For instance, there should NEVER be a player in ranked who doesnt have a full rune page. Make players play a certain amount of games at level 30, to ensure that they are experienced with end game play style compared to how people play when leveling. If they have a 10% win ratio of games in normal lvl 30 games, they should not be grouped with(playing with OR against) players with a 60% win ratio when they queu for a ranked match. Ranked gameplay should be a privilege earned, instead of lettting people walk in and tromp all over what should have been a good game. And finally, there should be a seperate ban system soley for ranked. If both sides of a team agree that a player ruined a game for both sides, they should be bannable from ranked, but still play normal so they have a chance to redeem themselves & learn what they are doing wrong...with out continueing to contaminate the ELO queu system. I strongly believe any or all of these changes would make ranked gameplay a much more enjoyable experience, with more evenly matched teams, like we get out of Normal play.

Signed, Sorely Frustrated Player

Food D 2010

03-13-2011

I understand it really suffers struggling in the ELO hell. Personally i agree that there is something wrong with current rank systems, both in team matching and rating. Many players believe they deserve a higher rating, or at least deserve more chances to team up with good players instead of rank newbies. I really hope players can be differentiated in ratings by their true skills.

But may i ask whats the motivation for the riot team to fix this? i have seen a lot of suggestions with regard to the changes of rank system. I m sure they have to settle some technical issues to enforce those suggestions which are time consuming. And even if so, there is still no garuantee the new system will be fair.

As a whole the current rank population has a pyramid distribution, with a few high rating players on the top and mass at the bottom of ELO hell. From the riot perspective, it looks fine. Why do they have to help some of us to move up?

Hatticus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2011

Why have put ranked games in and only have 10% of players actually able to enjoy it...If motivating Riot to balance the ranked gameplay is that hard? Hell, make it a $10 buy-in. Regardless, Ranked needs to be a privilege to play, not a chance to troll.

Trickbaby

03-14-2011

i can get onboard with this. There is nothing stopping griefers from ruining the experience for players that are actively trying to participate in ladder matches. Being able to hop on a second or third account makes it to where punishment seems inconsequential.

There are more abusive players in LoL than any game i have EVER played...