building irelia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Legult

03-13-2011

I've been trying her out lately, either doing really well or being turned into a crater, I think that has more to do with solo queue. I've mostly made her as a burst damage early-mid game with dps late game, using Triforce > Starks > BF based weapon.

How do her tanky and hybrid builds work out for people? And I've never really went "Tanky" on a non-tank before, can anyone enlighten me to how that may work for when my solo queue teams need me to build a bit beefier?

Legult

03-13-2011

Or to be more general, how do most people go about building "tanky" but not quite "tank"? Sorry, I'm pretty noob.

AsteriskCGY

03-13-2011

Triforce to GA is how i usually go. After GA its something with the Recurve Bow. I start with a cloth armor and depending if I get wriggles I just use that for the GA.

xWarZone

03-13-2011

I go Wriggles, Mercs, Triforce. After that its situational, if I'm getting blown up Banshees then GA and if im not then something with AS.

iSkary

03-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaiNViLLe View Post
I go Wriggles, Mercs, Triforce. After that its situational, if I'm getting blown up Banshees then GA and if im not then something with AS.
That works^ if the game lasts that long

Tokinatoor

03-13-2011

I love madreds the 4%...

Makes her do all kinds of damage

Legult

03-13-2011

Is the lantern for going jungle irelia? I've never tried that but would be willing too, I heard she just isn't as good as a the more common junglers.

AsteriskCGY

03-13-2011

I read Wriggles is a situational item if you need to be able to stay in the lane better. I don't get it if I'm rolling, for one. Save the Vampuric staff for the starks.

Legult

03-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsteriskCGY View Post
I read Wriggles is a situational item if you need to be able to stay in the lane better. I don't get it if I'm rolling, for one. Save the Vampuric staff for the starks.
Thats what I thought, but if it works for others I'll give it a try. In challenging games, or when the enemy is too durable for her burst to be effective, is when I struggle with Irelia.

it was suggested to me to build her like Xin in those situations, but I have no idea how to build him or any other tanky-dps :P

malphismia

03-13-2011

Wriggles > Starks > Sheen > Randuin's > Triforce > Banshee's

That's how I build most of my melee champions tbh lol (Excluding wriggles if they're not jungling)