[GUIDE] Amumu - The Eater of Tears (Tank)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khaines

02-08-2010

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...Eater+of+Tears

I have yet to spell check anything really as I am currently playing the game with vidyabros. But enjoy/discuss.

Fbsunny

02-08-2010

Not nearly enough emphasis on Sunfire Capes, he does very little damage without them. Even with magic heavy enemies, chalice merc treads and abyssal scepter will give you enough MR to be a good tank against them. Abyssal scepter also synergizes amazingly well with Amumu's passive. This is one hero that I really do not change the item build much based on the enemy team comp.

My item build is
Chalice
Merc Treads (Ninja Tabi if the other team is stupid enough to not get any magic damage)
Sunfire Cape
Sunfire Cape
Abyssal Scepter
If it lasts this long then get an item to counter their most powerful player.

With this build I am 60/40 with the mummy, with at least 70% of my loses in solo queue matches.

This is copy pasta from my reply to your guide on leaguecraft.

Khaines

02-08-2010

Amumu's damage is fine without the capes (though a cape should be in your endgame build and if its really long you should have two). That's why I emphasized that he's not there to score kills. He's best for assists. His ability to down a tower and so forth is absolutely abysmal but that's not the job he has. Like I said so many times in the guide he excels at initiating for kills. You cannot play Amumu with a mindset that in someway are going to DPS. Your goal is to get in and stay in with your tank items. Sunfire capes are exceptionally good at helping with that but you definitely do not need to rush them to try to boost DPS. Despair really does all the damage you should require and the fact that its a percentage means health pools don't matter to you.

Fbsunny

02-08-2010

The reason I feel Amumu needs to do damage is not so that he gets kills (although he certainly will get a few) it is so that if the enemies do not focus on you your AoE will kill both of their carries before their carries get any kills. If you are not getting focused and you are not doing damage you are basically reduced to only being useful for your AoE snare. While this skill is good, it is not all you should be able to do.

sleels

02-09-2010

Rod of Ages is also good on him

spreadfred

02-09-2010

i usually get boots 3 instead of either defensive boots, and b/c of those, am able to free up ghost's spot for a different summoner spell (i usu run flash/tp)

Khaines

02-09-2010

Updated the guide hopefully to be a bit more clear and added in Abyssal Scepter, a few icons and revised majority of the paragraphs. I'll look into Rod of the Ages and Boots of Swiftness. Please continue to provide your two cents to make this a better build. Ill update with my own stats soon.

mabinay

02-10-2010

first is regrowth turn into philosophers stone
then either ninja tabis or mercury thread ( ninja for hitters and mercury for stunners, mages, and heroes with slow)
then 3 sunfire capes
abysal scepter
the last item depends on the game situation... but prob
warmogs, frozen hammer? ( forgot the name), but usually i use the item with 25% cd reduction and slows attack speed...