Assert pointer is null

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

garuda1

10-04-2010

Yipee fixed it! i had the same prob as poke of doom, so I copied it into the Program Files, and that failed. Then while it was in Program Files, I ran the install and clicked the repair function, and after it was done! Boom it worked! Lol so now I have a riot games outside and inside Program Files. im too afraid too touch anything though

Zero Owned

10-05-2010

try this: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...ic-dns-servers
it worked with me =D

jfkdirkdlll

10-20-2010

ok i need step by step instructions on how to fix this null problem because frankly it is really getting on my nerves

jaycee13

11-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by somechester View Post
Yeah i have the same problem with the ASSERT: pointer is null etc. I have tried to run as admin and move it and everything but nothing seems to work. Any other ideas?
alright wat u do is uninstall it and install it 4 times then it will work it worked for me and 2 of my friends

emma7x

11-16-2010

This problem is a bug that emerges when "lol.launcher.exe" tries to write into non-writable files (read only), often happens when it tries to update.
The solution is moving the game directory (X:\Program Files\Riot Games\League of Legends\) out form Program Files in order for the launcher not to need Administrative Privileges for writing data INTO the files.
So for the time being we have the game here: (X:\Riot Games\League of Legends) OR here (X:\League of Legends) -I'd rather chose the first one-
After that we just need to right-click the game folder and head for Properties. Then unselect "read-only" and Accept when asked about applying the proccess to every file.

Sorry for my bad english.

jordinyc

12-05-2010

What worked for me was setting the NTFS permissions on the "League of Legends" folder so Users had Modify (one level away from Full Control).

Windows 7, 32 bit, installed to and running from
E:\PF\Riot Games\League of Legends

Brandonius1

12-20-2010

Windows 7 users, simply Run it as Administrator. The built in Super User that Microsoft implemented into Vista/Windows 7, "Trusted Installed" makes command driven functions, generally, unusable without being ran in administrator mode.

assasin313

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2010

i solved this by turning off the UAC notifications (the message that pops up whenever you run or install a program). in the start menu type in "uac" and then slide the toggle down to "never" worked for me, and i just upgraded from windows xp 32 bit to windows 7 64 bit

Old Flash

01-14-2011

try this
right click on lol.launcher and properites
thin go to compait tap, click ok one Run an admin

enjoy ^^

Alpha Legendary

01-17-2011

Quite honestly ive tryed everything every possible solution. I've runned it as administrator I've tried to move it everywhere and I've hit the repair button more times than i can count if anyone can help i'd be real grateful.

1234567 ... 11