AFKs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aww Yisss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2011

There HAS to be a solution to this bull****.

7 out of the last 9 ranked games I have had an afk, and two of them had 2 afks.

Seriously. What the flying f**k is going on??

I can't take this anymore. My rating has plummeted to under 850. I have read guides, I have mastered a tank, an AP carry and an AD carry, I carry the entire F*****G team with 3:1 k/d ratios nearly every game, and I keep losing and losing because I get a troll that ignores team fights the ENTIRE match, or an afk, or whatever bull**** happening that tips the scales in their favor. The last round that pushed me over the edge, we had TWO afks at the FREAKING LOADING SCREEN. Someone please ****ing kill me.

The system MUST be changed to lessen the amount of rating lost if that team has a leaver, and double or triple the rating lost for a leaver.

kgyts

03-13-2011

This is actually not that bad a solution.

Sure there will be some people annoyed at the fact that if their internet dc's then they will lose say...double the normal amount, but it will definitely encourage people to stop going god**** afk, and if they still do it, hell they'll be out of my elo bracket in no time at all.

Needs some more thought, but the base idea is nice. Something seriously has to be done.

Astral Yorae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

I already tought about something similar. I am also tired of having afks, leavers and rage quiters.

I think that a change in the system could make it better. Some things I tought were:

1) Improve the detection of AFKs. Maybe some kind of "safe afk time" (for those that NEED to be afk for some reason) and after that amount games counts as an AFKer.

2) Change in reward system (no only points in ranked but maybe IP/XP also):
-If your team had a leaver/afker, you lose 20% less points at the end if you lose, for each less player your team have. To help normal games, maybe a bonus to IP/XP also, based on the time they resisted in lower number. It would be an incentive to keep playing, as many people surrender after someone leaves.
-If your team had a leaver/afker, you win 20% more points/IP/XP at the end if you win, for each less player your team have. You deserved those.
Of course, if you are in the team that have more people, you won't get less reward for winning, to avoid abuse of "leave to screw them", that I know a lot of kids would do.

Aww Yisss

03-20-2011

I'm now down to 804 rating. I have lost the last 7 out of 8 ranked games. Out of these 8 games, 5 of them had an afk, including the last one.

If you look at my match history, I'm almost always 2:1 k/d ratio. Last round I went 17/9/12, but we lost because we had an afk ww.

I cannot do anything. I am entirely helpless. I am being punished by the game for something that is completely out of my control and it gives zero consideration for an entirely unfair game, even when I do exceptionally well for the circumstances.

My Elo is done for, and I quit.

Solivagus

03-21-2011

Agreed something NEEDS to be implemented.

Why not just an AFK vote? If a team member has been AFK for too long at the end of the match the system tells us how long he was actually AFK/disconnected for and they can vote if he gets super penalized or not. It would be fair because you'd need majority 3/4 and they get an extreme penalty.

This of course could only be for solo queue, which is where it is obviously the problem.

A system detects someone AFK for 3 minutes or is disconnected for a certain period of time. If the leaver never gives a reason before/after then you can all vote with "AFK for no reason" or "AFK for being a twit" That way he doesn't get much of a penalty.

That way you can mitigate how much the AFK penalty is deserved as a majority team and if you can get a 4/4 vote then everybody's penalty is lessened or perhaps neutralized because the AFK skewed the entire match. Of course the votes wouldn't be seen by other players nor should you get the option to discuss it after the match has ended.

Just a pop up as soon as you see the match stats screen.

This system is detected by computers and mediated by humans, seems like the best compromise.

Aww Yisss

04-05-2011

I managed to climb out from about 810 all the way to 1000, and as soon as I hit 1000, I got NINE teams with an afk in EIGHT of them, and one game with 1 feeder that went 2/11/0.

Eight out of nine games lost because we had an afk. It's absurd. The last game was a Shen that was angry that people didn't completely obey him in champion select, so he AFK'd the first half of the match, then fed Chogath to the point of no return, and then we lost since our tank was underleveled and their tank was "legendary" because of his feeding.

Please, Riot, PLEASE install greater punishments for AFKs.

Again, my suggestion is to LOWER the loss of rating for teams that had an AFK, and double or triple the rating lost for the person who AFK'd. That way, even people who disconnect a lot with be DISCOURAGED from playing ranked, as they SHOULD be. People will make sure they have time to play a full match, rather than screwing with other people's ratings and not caring because its "just 13 points." They will care when its 30+ points lost for afking.

No one is afraid of your stupid worthless claim to ban AFKers. It has not solved the problem AT ALL. I had one match with a guy that intentionally griefs, and said that he has been reported tens of times, and has never been even suspended.

Do something. Please. Save solo queue, because it's a giant ****ing piece of dog **** right now.

Thank you.

âixer

04-06-2011

Yeah...I hear you hopefully something can be done Riot will figure something out, hopefully

cLHx1

04-06-2011

Why doesnt riot not allow a person to random in ranked games?? If anybody randoms automatically get re-queued. Also if youre afk during the queue process you get negative ip or an ip cut on your next game or so for clicking ranked when you meant to click normal

Ez0 Prush

04-07-2011

Actually not a bad idea to have games lost due to Leavers cause you to lose less Rating, and the Leavers lose double (I would vote Triple) the rating. I think that would actually fix a majority of the big issues people are always complaining about in Ranked games, as well as encourage not leaving games. I like the idea (although there could have been a less hostile introduction...haha). +1

Or at least make the losing team have Loss Forgiven, so their Rating does not change if there is a Leaver. So it would be the same as before the game.

Aww Yisss

04-07-2011

The vast majority of games near 1000 are full of afkers and feeders. The majority of my games are now losses. Last game, Pantheon mistakenly leeched exp from our jungler, so our jungler freaked out, which made Pantheon upset and he afk'd half the match. Every single player in my team was 0/x/0 and I went 3/3/3.

I want to smash my desk in two.

It is statistically ****ing impossible to get an afk in my team 9/10 games consistently. There must be something broken in the Elo system. I am so baffled, and so incredibly frustrated.

This isn't fun, at all.