Karthus - Requiem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrenixPL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2010

Requiem requires a nerf, seriously. Especially if you are going to nerf twisted fate's ultimate. Not only does this ability do damage to EVERYONE on the other team, it also stacks with AP. Seriously, that's beyond bull****. The most twisted fate can do is JUST slow you.

I've seen someone stack AP and managed to take away 1/3 of my HP at level 18. Don't even try claiming that I didn't have enough magic resistance. This move DEFINITELY shouldn't let AP be part of it, if it even does exist. It cripples the whole team and can practically determine the outcome of every group fight.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

02-08-2010

The difference is that Karthus can ONLY hit you anywhere on the map. Not only does TF reveal you, but he can Gate to you faster during his Destiny. While Requiem *can sometimes* guarantee kills, any competent supporter will pop a heal when Requiem shows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrenixPL View Post
I've seen someone stack AP and managed to take away 1/3 of my HP at level 18.
How far into the game was this? If it was after about the 40 minute mark, thats normal. If it was before that, you're team must have fed Karthus a lot. And I don't mean a kill here and there, I mean he was about 20/0 by 30 mins.

DotEleven

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
The difference is that Karthus can ONLY hit you anywhere on the map. Not only does TF reveal you, but he can Gate to you faster during his Destiny. While Requiem *can sometimes* guarantee kills, any competent supporter will pop a heal when Requiem shows up.

How far into the game was this? If it was after about the 40 minute mark, thats normal. If it was before that, you're team must have fed Karthus a lot. And I don't mean a kill here and there, I mean he was about 20/0 by 30 mins.
And what happens if you don't have a support? What then? You die. I get tired of people complaining about TF ganking them when Karthus can do that can with one button. Not only can he do TF's job, he can do it FROM THE SAFETY OF HIS LANE. Everyone else, including TF has to tower dive to get the kill, Karthus could be in his spawn point for all he cares, and if he's lucky he can get 2 people in different lanes.

Now, comparing Karthus to TF not only does Karthus' Requiem have more base damage than the sum of Wild + Gold Card, it also scales at .7/ap. He also has two more abilities that scale at .25 and .35/ap, for a total of 1.2/ap damage. TF's two abilities have a .4 and .6/ap ratio, for a total of 1/ap. That means that not only is Karthus easier to feed, but he hits harder! Also, 1 of his abilities is spammable while the others a nuke. Why complain about TF's abilities on a 5 second CD when Karthus has these to that can do way more than TF could possibly dream of.

Oh and Karthus also has tons more mana than TF(both base and per level) with just as much health.

/rant, you may thumb me down now because I know it's going to happen.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetooth80291 View Post
you may thumb me down now because I know it's going to happen.
Actually, I find the concept somewhat juvenile.

CyberMonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2010

L2P. Get a banshee's.

TrenixPL

02-08-2010

Quote:
First off, with a move like that, I'm sure he'll get fed. Everytime he casts it, he has a chance of killing someone. Unlike Twisted Fate, Karthus actually GETS the kill. Also, incase you forgot, it stacks up with AP. Sorry, but that's just unfair...

DotEleven

02-08-2010

Quote:
Actually, I find the concept somewhat juvenile.
Then I thank you for your maturity.

Chillspawn

02-08-2010

Everytime Karthus uses his ult, he has a chance of killing someone.. Fine..

Everytime Soraka uses her ultimate, she has a chance of saving a life. That can totally change the outcome of a fight. OMG NERF!

Everytime TF uses his ultimate, he slows the whole enemy team for a couple seconds, giving a chance for your team to get a few kills or even running away. You have the ability to save a team mate AND kill someone at the touch of your fingertip. OMG NERF.

gliy

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetooth80291 View Post
And what happens if you don't have a support? What then? You die. I get tired of people complaining about TF ganking them when Karthus can do that can with one button. Not only can he do TF's job, he can do it FROM THE SAFETY OF HIS LANE. Everyone else, including TF has to tower dive to get the kill, Karthus could be in his spawn point for all he cares, and if he's lucky he can get 2 people in different lanes.

Now, comparing Karthus to TF not only does Karthus' Requiem have more base damage than the sum of Wild + Gold Card, it also scales at .7/ap. He also has two more abilities that scale at .25 and .35/ap, for a total of 1.2/ap damage. TF's two abilities have a .4 and .6/ap ratio, for a total of 1/ap. That means that not only is Karthus easier to feed, but he hits harder! Also, 1 of his abilities is spammable while the others a nuke. Why complain about TF's abilities on a 5 second CD when Karthus has these to that can do way more than TF could possibly dream of.

Oh and Karthus also has tons more mana than TF(both base and per level) with just as much health.

/rant, you may thumb me down now because I know it's going to happen.
Sorry but your base damage statement is wrong...
level three wildcards: 180
level 1 PAC: 50
Total: 230
Requim level 1: 225
Also TF's ult+gate allows for him to auto attack too, which adds a ton more damage to it. Karthus has no nuke that I know of, only sustained dps.
Karthus has no real escape, him wall doesnt really do much good when you are trying to get away, compared to TF's ult + gate.
Lastly TF has a stun, and map control

P.S: I gave you a thumbs down for lying about the ult. You obviously arnt viewing this comparision objectivly(Your "TF is not broken" thread). I play both of them, with TF being my most played character, and even I know that karthus isnt better then TF

DotEleven

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliy View Post
Sorry but your base damage statement is wrong...
Requim level 1: 225
Requiem level 1 = 250, not 225. *Straight from site info*
Also, for TF if his enemy isn't killed by PaC + Wild Cards then he needs to get out of there because his enemy will be out of stun, the tower will be attacking him, and if they have a lane mate, they're gonna be coming to kill him too. Karthus uses his ability and there's nothing your lane mate can do unless they have a heal.

Please get your info correct before trying to correct me.

Also, as for my "TF is not broken" thread, that has nothing to do with this. That thread is to say that before they nerf/remake TF they should fix the problem with Destiny/Gold Card going through Banshee's and see if that makes a difference which I believe it will.