[Guide Request] Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosGopherSucks

02-08-2010

So I just bought Teemo because I thought he'd be a different change from playing TF or gangplank so much. And to be honest, I am getting owned playing as him, mainly due to his lack of range (anytime I lane against any other ranged char, or gang or pantheon with a spammable long range ability, I get owned). Also, I saw that most of the Teemo guides are outdated, and since I don't know this character at all, I don't know if they are still viable. So I'd greatly appreciated if someone can drop me some hints on using Teemo as well as providing a recent guide for him now?

elkna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2010

Teemo is best played as a support carry, not a hard carry. He doesn't bring nearly as much killing power as Twitch or even Ashe, so you shouldn't try to play him as if he does. What you SHOULD do is focus on map control using his mushrooms. As soon as you hit 6, you should be running around laying mushrooms at key places for vision (dragon, runes) and common escape routes. In a team fight, you should be focusing on blinding their carry, and laying mushrooms in strategic places (middle of enemy team if you're winning the fight, around your team's escape route if you're losing). As far as lane game goes, try and get your toxic shot to level 3 before you hit 6. Your harassing ability is almost second to none; take advantage of it. In other words, don't take your opponents' ****.

My item build typically starts with a Doran's Shield and HP pot, followed by attack speed boots, Malady, and finishing off with a Black Cleaver. Get a Phage if you feel you need it; I typically don't but many people do. After Malady and boots you can jungle and solo dragon with runes. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF RED RUNE. Between Malady, your poison, and red rune passive, you can do a surprising amount of damage just through your DoTs.

EDIT: I occasionally get a Wit's End if the opposing team has a hero that goes through a LOT of mana such as Kassadin or Anivia. With your attack speed, it's possible to surprise them by burning through the rest of their mana pool. There's nothing more satisfying than having a Kassadin chase you when you're at 200 HP and him at 1500, and watching him helplessly melee you as you score a free kill.

I run with armor pen reds, armor pen quints, and MP5/level blues. Yellow can be whatever, I use a mix of dodge and HP/level. If you feel you need extra health, replace quints with flat health. Summoner spells are flash and exhaust almost exclusively, although teleport can be a good pick for teleporting onto a shroom while stealthed. It loses effectiveness late-game, though.

And finally, just to reiterate: NEVER STOP LAYING SHROOMS. They're free wards, and if you don't take advantage of them, you're essentially wasting a slot on your team.

Oh yeah, Elixirs are also incredibly awesome. Use Fort midgame.

If you want a more in-depth guide, Friend's Teemo guide has basically what I said and more. http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...ve+Teemo+Guide

BlueSquared

02-08-2010

I hate to toot my own horn, but I think I've got the at least the second-best Teemo guide that I've ever seen (Friend was a big inspiration for me picking up Teemo).

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...big-threat-118

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkna View Post
Teemo is best played as a support carry, not a hard carry. He doesn't bring nearly as much killing power as Twitch or even Ashe, so you shouldn't try to play him as if he does. What you SHOULD do is focus on map control using his mushrooms. As soon as you hit 6, you should be running around laying mushrooms at key places for vision (dragon, runes) and common escape routes. In a team fight, you should be focusing on blinding their carry, and laying mushrooms in strategic places (middle of enemy team if you're winning the fight, around your team's escape route if you're losing). As far as lane game goes, try and get your toxic shot to level 3 before you hit 6. Your harassing ability is almost second to none; take advantage of it. In other words, don't take your opponents' ****.

My item build typically starts with a Doran's Shield and HP pot, followed by attack speed boots, Malady, and finishing off with a Black Cleaver. Get a Phage if you feel you need it; I typically don't but many people do. After Malady and boots you can jungle and solo dragon with runes. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF RED RUNE. Between Malady, your poison, and red rune passive, you can do a surprising amount of damage just through your DoTs.

EDIT: I occasionally get a Last Whisper if the opposing team has a hero that goes through a LOT of mana such as Kassadin or Anivia. With your attack speed, it's possible to surprise them by burning through the rest of their mana pool. There's nothing more satisfying than having a Kassadin chase you when you're at 200 HP and him at 1500, and watching him helplessly melee you as you score a free kill.

I run with armor pen reds, armor pen quints, and MP5/level blues. Yellow can be whatever, I use a mix of dodge and HP/level. If you feel you need extra health, replace quints with flat health. Summoner spells are flash and exhaust almost exclusively, although teleport can be a good pick for teleporting onto a shroom while stealthed. It loses effectiveness late-game, though.

And finally, just to reiterate: NEVER STOP LAYING SHROOMS. They're free wards, and if you don't take advantage of them, you're essentially wasting a slot on your team.

Oh yeah, Elixirs are also incredibly awesome. Use Fort midgame.

If you want a more in-depth guide, Friend's Teemo guide has basically what I said and more. http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...ve+Teemo+Guide
Good tips. You mentioned last whisper when you described Wit's End. Armor pen reds are what I run, very nice.

Bad News Bear

02-08-2010

Item build:

Start with Doran's Shield + Hp Pot

Berzerker Greaves

Malady

Last Whisper

Black Cleaver

Game Over

If not over, Frozen Mallet. (If not over by now, you're doing something wrong.)

elkna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSquared View Post
Good tips. You mentioned last whisper when you described Wit's End. Armor pen reds are what I run, very nice.
Whoops, thanks for the catch. Fixed it.

Drake Tseng

02-09-2010

Not to sound like an ******* or anything, but the best advice for how to best play Teemo is this:

Play Tristana/Corki/Twitch/CM instead...

Teemo is UP hardcore, and if you waste time getting really good with him, you are still playing a below average hero. Yes, he has strengths, but only a few and other people "do it better."

Necrosys

02-09-2010

I used to build like the previous posters had. Now instead, I don't focus so much attack speed, early game critical stacks are more useful. I remembre one time I hit ashe first attack of game for 250 critical. It was pretty funny.

Executioners calling
Greaves
Infinity (if I'm farming well if not phage)

The rest is really dependant on their team and yours. If you have no slow, phage. If they have lots of tanks and you have a hard carry, get bloodrazors.

The beautiful thing about teemo is that he farms very well so you can buy tons of different items depending on the team.

I always take flash, sometimes teleport or w/e the team needs. Teleporting to shrooms for a flank kill is awesome.

My runes are stacked with critical and attack speed. Therefore I don't need tons of attack speed items.

I'll take Starks if we don't have alot of casters because it's useless to them.

Many ways to build teemo, find one that you see fun.

leonhart83

02-09-2010

My build is the below:

1. Dorans Shield + Hpot
2. Mercury Treds (Caster) / Berserker Greeves (Tank)
3. Malady
4. Wits End (Caster) / Executioners Calling (Healer)/ Last Whisper (Tank)
5. Infinity Edge (Common)/ Black Cleaver(Tanks) / Bloodthirster (Second BF Item)

I usually go Mercury Treds as I have ruins to compensate besides almost all champs have stun/slow etc. Also teemo is squishy and is usually target in 5vs5. Anyways most cases Merc. Usually if there aren't many casters at step 4 you wouldn't take the Wits End but choose between Executioners (Critical/Heal debuff) or Last Whisper (Attack Speed/Armour Debuff). I do find though that in most cases the Wits End works well against anyone with mana, like Alistar etc. So usually Merc's/Wits is the better choice just based on the champs picked in my ELO, but as any good player should tell you, you shouldn't have a concrete build and should be open for flexibility.

As for the BF Sword Item if you are going well you should get the Infinity Edge but if money is a problem you should purchase the BF Sword and decide then whether to get the Black Cleaver instead. The are other reasons to get the Black Cleaver, like high amour champs etc, but I find the main decision for getting this over Infinity Edge is money.

Rune:

Red: Amour Pen
Yellow: Critical Damage
Blue: Attack Speed
Purple: HP

Summoner Spell
Cleanse/Exhaust - Most common but again depends on the rest of your team.

Masteries
21/9/0

Skill
Poison
Blind
Poison
Move
Mushroom

Max:Poison Next
Max:Blind
Max Move

Get Mushroom when you can.

I use Mushroom for lane control only as I don't build any AP or mana. So I just put mushrooms in the middle of lanes spaced appropriately apart. Once 2-3 are dropped I change lanes and push again dropping 2-3 and repeat. Until the pushing to Nexus phase has started. You should be able to easily solo turrets with the creeps under control.

Teemo is my favourite champ and think he is the most versatile of champs.

Any questions let me know.

Micky.

ChaosGopherSucks

02-09-2010

Wow thanks a lot guys. The item suggestions helped a lot, and I'm doing so much better now =D. Switching to Doran's Shield made surviving in the beginning a lot easier, and with poison + ignite I usually get first blood. Anyways, thanks again for the hints and tips.

Ryouken

02-09-2010

Errrrhm, for those who use Last Whisper for the 40% armor penetration, please exchange that with Brutalizer. You ignore 15 of the opponent's armor, better than percentage base. If you're against an armor stacker, yes, Last Whisper is fine.