How to deal with tanky teams?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzen

03-12-2011

So, I just got stomped by a tanky team. And that usually happens.

My team comb was

YI
TF
Lux
Udyr
GP

Against

Mordekaiser
Rammus
Malphite
Urgot

The problem is: it was a normal game, so we couldnt do much to counter pick then. My yi got totally nullified, even with last whisper. I couldnt backdoor too, they had teleport. Not even a kog+Malhazar could possibly do anything about it.

How the hell could we do something about this game? The correct thing to do was pray for riot to balance tanks and stay afk till 20' or what?

Best Zod NA

03-12-2011

Madred's Bloodrazor?

Also, a viable tank.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2011

You have no traditional tank and no way to really initiate safely in a full teamfight. To win champion battles, you'd have to catch one or two of them alone in the jungle to take them out, otherwise their myriad of CC and resilience will just outlast you. The solution to this is to avoid full teamfights as much as possible, ward up the map and push lanes they aren't near. Even with Teleport on their part, your full team is much more capable of tearing turrets down quickly than theirs, so focus on that. Don't stick in one spot for too long, either, as they have plenty of CC to chain you to death.

Basically, "tank teams" win against players that think the only things you can do in game are 5v5 teamfights and backdooring. Do other tactics.

Icegoten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2011

Madred's Bloodrazor
Deathfire Grasp
Black Cleaver

All good items to build against tanks.

Worpig

03-12-2011

You appeared to lack any AD range, unless TF was that and if so he could get a Madred's.

If Lux was AP then a Void Staff really counters tank teams.

They also had alot of physical damage and I could be wrong but I assume you killed a few of them and left rest with alittle HP. In this case Guardian Angels could annoy them especially since Mordekaiser would likely waste his ult on a Guardian Angel target.

Sky Avenger

03-12-2011

Last whisper also could help

Prometheius

03-12-2011

Having non-****ty tanks and AD champs would definitely help.

onbsi

03-12-2011

All you really can do is try to come out of the gate smoking and get some kills. If they pull ahead early its so tough to overcome

Doriantv

03-12-2011

Get an initiator, for starters. Swap out Udyr for Amumu.

Also, build tanky yourself. Warmogs/Atma's/Stark's Yi should outlast any tank. If you don't like Warmogs, go for Strelo's build, with TriForce/BVeil/Cleaver.

TLtitan

03-12-2011

your overthinking just play zzz