American Express Gift Card

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greenguy10000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2011

I have a prepaid gift card and want to buy riot points.

First, would this work?
For billing information, how would that work since the card is not really assigned to anywhere?

Also for name on card, should I write Prepaid Gift Card?

I have read the guide for gift cards, but I do not have the piece of paper the card came with or anything. Help!

Greenguy10000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2011

bump

Eambo

03-12-2011

From what I understand it works fine, but you need to register it as mentioned here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=415271

Greenguy10000

03-12-2011

Quote:
I have read the guide for gift cards, but I do not have the piece of paper the card came with or anything. Help!

As you can see, I stated that I have read that guide. However, it also says American Express does not need to be registered.

Also as stated, I do NOT have a slip of paper that contains any information; I have the card only. The question was I was wondering how billing information would work, when the card is not assigned to any specific person or place, which also brings up the question of what name should be on the card.

Eambo

03-12-2011

I don't live in the US so I can't help too much with that one. My advice would be to call Amex to find out :-(

MeGoRageQuit

06-13-2011

dont select american express if ur using a american express card select visa i have a american express prepaid and i pick visa and it worked

ZetaCroz

12-30-2011

Exactly what I'm dealing with here... I bought a American Express Gift Card, and I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO PUT FOR THE NAME>>>

Resuner

07-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeGoRageQuit View Post
dont select american express if ur using a american express card select visa i have a american express prepaid and i pick visa and it worked
This does not work at all. Waste 3 minutes of my life with this misinformation you're spreading.

Kunitz

07-15-2013

You should be able to just type in the card information normally. For the personal information use your name and your address like normal. Use your own personal information

Lensden

08-21-2013

I never receive my 1000RP. It has been a week already, and I still haven't got the 1000RP or the teemo prepaid card.