screen turns black?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KitKatBarXD

03-12-2011

Everytime i open League of Legends. My screen will turn black but my screen is still on so it's my desktop. please help :''[

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2011

Hi KitKatBarXD,

Can you still see your start bar or anything like that when this happens? If so, go to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\ and run League of Legends.exe - do you get an error?

KitKatBarXD

03-12-2011

Like i could log in and stuff and play a game but my screen just takes black at anytime like sometime i will turn black at the log in screen sometime when i'm loading into the game sometime when i'm in the middle of the game...

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2011

Well, my first suggestion is to make sure the cable is securely in the back of your monitor and your graphics card.

From there I'd try:

- Replacing the monitor cable
- Testing another monitor, if possible
- If you have another port in your computer, try using that one.

KitKatBarXD

03-12-2011

how do i check my graphics card?

Eambo

03-12-2011

Just make sure the cable is pushed securely into it (IE: Not loose)

KitKatBarXD

03-12-2011

Yea. i thinks it's my graphics card cause now even when i'm not playing league of legends . the screen turn black by itself. Can you suggest me a good graphics card for HP Pavilion a6512p PC?

Eambo

03-12-2011

What's your current graphics card? :-)

KitKatBarXD

03-12-2011

The one that come with the computer . I thinks it's the "Intel Graphics media accelerator 3100"

Eambo

03-12-2011

This is fairly helpful:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4212845AAst2Um

It seems your power supply is only 250W - that wouldn't be able to handle most modern graphics cards.

Before you try to buy a new GPU I'd advise testing it with another monitor, incase the monitor is going faulty.