Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

3500ip: Shaco or Yi + runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lajkonik

Recruiter

02-08-2010

Hello everybody. I'm new in this game and I'd like to ask u, which champion is better: Shaco or Master Yi? I like playing both: Yi is born to kill :P he easily own every champion. However I also like Shaco style and stealth. I have 3500ip and I don't know if I should buy Shaco or stay with Yi and buy tier 2 runes instad of new champ? Please give me an advise

makkii

02-08-2010

Quote:
Lajkonik:
Hello everybody. I'm new in this game and I'd like to ask u, which champion is better: Shaco or Master Yi? I like playing both: Yi is born to kill :P he easily own every champion. However I also like Shaco style and stealth. I have 3500ip and I don't know if I should buy Shaco or stay with Yi and buy tier 2 runes instad of new champ? Please give me an advise

the one thing that ever stood out about yi is that he couldnt get exausted with his ult, now that thats not the case he is absolutely worthless.

so yeah shaco

Lajkonik

Recruiter

02-08-2010

Quote:
makkii:
the one thing that ever stood out about yi is that he couldnt get exausted with his ult, now that thats not the case he is absolutely worthless.

so yeah shaco

Can U tell me why is master worthless? Actually i see him pwning ppl on every game. And why should I take shaco instead of him?

Azghyn Nite

Recruiter

02-08-2010

Well it's dependent on your skill level. Shaco IMO is very straight forward if you don't go AP. Master yi is slightly more difficult but if you master him he is incredible, especially with the correct runes(look at some guides for advice). But remember this, you die once as master yi before level 6, you lose practically all killing potential(unless you've gotten a few kills already).
P.S. He CANT get exhausted FULLY with his ultimate, just he misses for the duration.

d0rkbrains

02-08-2010

he already said why he's worthless, now that exhaust still blinds yi, yi becomes nothing to anyone, the only reason you see yi owning is because you're new and people that know how to play yi just go into your games and pub stomp. shaco is far better than yi especially for someone new because it gives you the chance to learn someone that is good once you're going against better players unlike yi who can just be blinded and he's ****ed.

Lajkonik

Recruiter

02-08-2010

Ok thanks guys. I think i'm gonna try out Shaco Oh, maby u can suggest my any other champion that is simillar way to play like Yi or Shaco?

Rezoh

02-08-2010

IMHO Try Shaco first. If you don't like his playstyle much you can buy YI (it's very cheap). Runes are not very important till level 20+

Edit: if you like Shaco and Yi you ll probably also like Twitch, Katarina and Evelynn. At least those are my favorites

smokeD

02-08-2010

Evelyn is worthless, Kat is worthless too, low ELO you can use Yi or Shaco you should be good with either.

Azghyn Nite

Recruiter

02-08-2010

But elo doesnt affect matchmaking..

HislordlynessSirKickya

02-08-2010

I almost never post in the forums but it sounds like you are really interested in making a good decision. Shaco allows the player controling him to out play the opponent, you have invisibility, you can blink, you have high damage out put and can even tower if you need to with your dupicate.

Yi is a ridiculous beast if he has been fed in the early game...once he gets rolling he just cuts heros and towers down like they are made of butter. However Yi can be very easily countered in the higher ELO brackets (ELO is just a ranking system that LoL uses).

Both are fun characters to play and both are quite squishy but can dish out the damage. Shaco is considered the "better" character because of the chances to outplay the opponents, however it really matters which is most fun to you.

Try Jax, or Ashe, or Pantheon, or even DR MUNDO (love that guy) all of them are physical DPS characters and may suit your tastes.

Good luck in your decision.