Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Teach me how to dougie...errrr...Morgana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doriantv

03-12-2011

I used to play Morgana a long long time ago on my other account when she was a godmode caster carry. Now several nerfs later, it's her free week, and I've picked her up again.

1) How do you lane with her against aggressive ranged opponents who autoattack you when you go in to lasthit? You can't really Q them because of creeps, and you can't really trade autoattacks because Morgana's autoattack is slow and short-ranged.

2) How do you build her? Recently, I've been doing

2x Doran's Ring
Sorceror's Shoes
Zhonya's Hourglass

because I know that Morgana depends on Zhonya Active. But is there a better way to do it?

3) Do you guys seriously lasthit with her horrible attack animation? I kinda get lazy and use W on caster creeps, and try to lasthit the rest.

kwjnfkjsdg

03-12-2011

i play morgana quite a bit, i have 30? 40? ranked games with her.

she's more of a support now. she really doesnt gain much from stacking AP, as in the context of team fights , her damage is meager. her role is to basically ult the entire team (be sure to shield yourself first), and live through the 6 seconds to stun them all, spamming black shield on allies in the process. she is also very powerful in poking phase before a fight where no one has initiated. her QW combo can do 1/3rd of someones hp.

that being said, cooldown and defenses are your most important stats. morgana has lots of utility, and having a 5 second snare or free banshee veil is amazing.
i start out with ability tome and a pot. from that point on it's ionian boots, rylai's, glacial shroud, banshee veil, zhonya's hourglass.rod of ages is a good itemt oo, but i rarely get it.

but yes, last hitting is VERY difficult with her. she starts with like 0.5 attack speed, and just W'ing caster creeps will push your lane very far. your best bet is to try your best to last hit, using your Q to help (it's not that high in mana cost), weakening minion waves with W if you need.

i don't know how morgana used to be, but stacking AP on her is just dumb. i see so many morganas with skins running around thinking they're kassadin , rushing rabadon's and archangels. the ONLY reason why i even bother with AP on her is for her shield,which i constantly spam on an allied carry to block cc.

tigerllama

03-12-2011

Personally, I build

2x Catalyst
Merc Treads
RoA
RoA/Banshee's

The Catalysts are amazing as it allows you to constantly be active throughout the mid-game, which usually causes you to level much faster than everyone else, even without getting fed. It also gives enough bulk to safely cast your Ulti without having to rely on Zhonya's active.

As for laning... I suck at that in general... so SOILSOILSOIL. It is relatively effective, but you won't get a great CS with that strat.

RSzenaL

03-12-2011

"1) How do you lane with her against aggressive ranged opponents who autoattack you when you go in to lasthit? You can't really Q them because of creeps, and you can't really trade autoattacks because Morgana's autoattack is slow and short-ranged."

i actually tried 1v1 my friend with morgana. he used caitlyn. first time he auto attacked ftw. second time i landed nearly every snare and that made all the difference. the creeps won't become a issue if he is determined to zone u or u zone him. i think it boils down to ur q snaring.

Jebbou

03-12-2011

When the opponent is hiding behind his creep, and he auto-attacks you from range, you can harass him with Soil. The cooldown is quite low compared to the snare, and since it's likely to be the ability you upgrade most, it becomes very annoying. No need to push your lane too far with soil, but simply target the opponent along with one or two weak minions to last hit them at the same time. You won't totally zone him with this, but you might deny some last hit or force him out of the minion safety and THEN you snare him.

I find that Morgana's abilities make her a great laner, and even soloer. She can shield herself against magic attacks, harass with soil and snare, and after a few levels, and when you see that all opponents are accounted for on minimap, you can afford to wipe the caster minions with soil. I usually take a few hits very early, and then as I build my abilities, I can defend myself much better one or two level later. I always pick teleport with Morg, and after I have some gold, I can quickly go back to the base and get some gear to counter whoever I'm facing. Against a physical opponent, I could get a Chain Mail, be on my way to Glacial Shroud and get some laning advantage. Catalyst would be a good option too, but it takes a bit more time to gather the 1300 gold required to build this. (I'm still at level 15, and I need some magic regen early to counter the lack of runes, so I cannot start with the Saph Crystal).

Ez0 Prush

03-12-2011

I build:

Doran's Ring
Sorc boots
Void Staff
RoA
Rylais
Rabadons
Hourglass
~Abyssal Sceptor is always a great Item too.

I used to buy Mejais right after sorc boots bc I usually did well with her. If I got 15-20 stacks, the game usually didn' last long enough for full build. If I had less than 8 I sold it for the rest of the build

I use her AoE to farm. It's easier, and usually gets them all as a last hit after its lvl 3 (so Summoner lvl 5). You can stay out of range/danger and you don't just have to hit the casters. If you wait for them all to stop you can get 4-5 of them with one cast, then catch that last one with the snare to get the whole wave

Dimensionist

03-12-2011

Some of the replies in this thread are just... wow.. sad

That being said, AP tanky mage morgana is best IMHO. 2 dorans + hourglass is not a bad route, though not enough mana regen for my tastes. Also I consider Ghost + Teleport pretty mandatory on her, against squishy AD carries the trick is to be super aggressive even if it involves pushing your lane, built and done properly you'll survive most if not all jungle ganks with black shield + ghost.

She truly shines with the right team comp, I don't play her unless I can get a solo lane otherwise she's subpar. Also tanky DPS teams will make you want to cry, it helps having a hard carry like master yi on your team as your ult displaces them allowing someone like yi to chop them down. Solo top morgana and having an Ashe mid is so hilarious when teamfights role around it's not even funny.

SuperChoob

03-12-2011

She no longer an AP Carry after the repeated nerfs. Rushing Zhonya's is much less effective now as the hourglass doesn't give you as much AP as Zhonya's Ring and Rabadons doesn't give you that fantastic active. CDR is critical and she's much more of a tanky support role now. I like getting Catalyst, Glacial Shroud, and Lucidity boots for max CDR so you can lane forever, and then getting Abyssal, RoA/Banshees, Hourglass, or Rabadons sometime afterward depending on the game. Just don't expect to carry as her, because she just doesn't deal enough damage on her own =[.

Maji

03-12-2011

I bet you thought of this thread because of American Idol didn't you? Don't lie.

hydrogencar

03-12-2011

Why would you get Hourglass first, you need to get beefy.

Dorans Ring, Shoes, Dorans Ring, Catalyst.
NOW, if you are having a good game you go: Deathcap, turn Catalyst into Banshees, Hourglass.
If it's only "average" you go Hourglass, turn Catalyst into Banshees etc.

All her ratios got nerfed so she it's WAY harder to carry with her these days.
So get an early catalyst which turns into BV ( not RoA ) later, get an Hourglass, Deathcap + GA and enjoy supporting your team with CC, some dmg, some more CC and great off tanking.