Sivir's Spell Shield - The "What is and what isn't blocked" List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poki3 tem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

08-01-2011

Leona and Wukong are here!

Ramoth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

At this point it may be best to describe this as the what does banshee's block thread. Because.. it's sad, but my fav champ never gets used really anymore.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramoth View Post
At this point it may be best to describe this as the what does banshee's block thread. Because.. it's sad, but my fav champ never gets used really anymore.
I'm afraid that Sivir won't get any buffs until we'll be able to swallow a heavy nerf to ricochet damage, because let's face it, the best case scenario (hitting the entire enemy team) is still pretty deadly.

In any case... Can't edit topic titles :/
I wanted to edit it a long time ago.

JustinBlade

08-11-2011

Read Riot's patch and did a test:

Trundle's Rabid Bite is now completely blocked. No damage is done, your AD isn't reduced and his doesn't get an increase!

Azriel

08-11-2011

Might want to add the current bugs with blitzgrank grabbing/punching through spellshields. Hopefully it will be fixed before you have to edit =)

Um here is a link for reference, there are a few in bug report section as well (im sure you are already following the bug, lol).

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=12669015#post12669015

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

08-24-2011

Added Skarner since he's free, and I have a few minor things to re-test :/

ChakatSilvermane

08-24-2011

I would like to point out that Morganas ults 2nd proc IS blocked. I had an occasion mid where Sivir was chasing me down. I ulted her, and she shielded after the chain was attached. She did not take the stun or damage of the 2nd proc. We were both surprised.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

08-25-2011

Perhaps something was changed at some point. I'll add her to the retest list, thanks for the report.

bylobog44

08-28-2011

Patch notes say Jax's Empower now breaks spell shields. Leap Strike has always been blocked, but Empower has never been blocked by SS, so I'm guessing this is aimed at Banshee's Veil. I'm bewildered as to why a skill with a 5 - 9 second cool down would need to defeat an item with a 45 second cool down, but what ever.

Sullane

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahhfink6 View Post
I've got corki and would be willing to test, but I doubt it works on most of his abilities... it would probably block missle barrage if it hits just sivir, but valkarie just leaves a damage terrain that hurts to walk through, i see no way that it could be blocked, and if it could, it would likely still hurt you after the first second.

Some of these other ones I'm not sure are right... Amumu's tantrum and despair shouldn't be blocked as they are aoe effects (not sure about his ult, but that is more likely it can block)

Finally as karthus, to my best knowlage SS doesn't work on Lay Waste... I haven't tried as Sivir, but as karthus I have seen a sivir walk onto it and take the damage without the shield breaking
It works against lay waste, you have to react fast though.