Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Renekton - Wrath of the Crocodile God

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crimson Neko 13

04-04-2011

I love playing Renekton, and your guide has given me some new ideas.

Personally, though I like to get Bloodthirster a bit earlier since its stacks can be a quick and inexpensive way of further boosting my damage potential as long as I don't die.

Ever since Nocturne came out, I kind of found out on my own that Cull the Meek and Ruthless Predator can be useful against Nocturne's ult. The former can save you from being ganked (especially when followed by slice to escape), while the latter could give you a chance to, at the very least hold him in place while your teammates/turret takes care of him.

Great guide!

CcReap3r

04-04-2011

Interior crocodile alligator

SabbathViper

04-04-2011

I like the tip about charging W before charging in when you'll be taunted.

I do not like building Madreds except on attack speed heroes or Shaco, because it is expensive, the % damage is magic based and does not scale with your armor penetration abilities, and you don't have enough attack speed except specifically when using Ghostblade's active. Not to mention by late game, MR cuts down the 4% to more like 2% damage.

Otherwise great guide. I just posted a "pocket guide" for my own playstyle before I saw this on the page. Not sure how I missed it.

+1

ShadeOfMcLovin

04-04-2011

not a bad guide, I don't agree with all of the item choices, but I think a bunch of different builds do work on Renek and he's the one champ that I seem to consistently get FB with in all my games. People are just starting to notice how much winning the mangator brings to the table.

Silverddragn

Recruiter

04-04-2011

I don't listten to you cuz your not Renekton Bot >.>

Minion Of Chaos

04-04-2011

I like to eat minions til about 45 rage, dash in and get to 50 then hit Ruthless (maximize potential) Cull then dash out, or forward hitting him again if he runs from my jowls and I am in good position to chomp.

Degovx

04-09-2011

Great guide it was a real help when I was starting to play Reneklon. I have found a different item build that works pretty well and includes an item for both lifesteal and slow.

I still start out with Boots and health pots, then Ionian boots.

Following the Ionian Boots is a Kindlegem since it's cheap, CDR, +health, and later in the game when money is plentiful Spirit Visage is a nice addition for helping you survive with additional magic defense, health, and regen (I usually pick this up last).

I follow that up up the Brutilizer, then the Phage since they are so critical to any Reneklon build. After those picking up a Bilgewater Cutlass is a cheap way to get more damage for Predator attacks, lifesteal, and most importantly a slow for when Exhaust is recharging.

I like to then work on defensive items, in my case I prefer Force of Nature for its magic resist, health regen, and most importantly for me a flat 8% speed increase.

Once Force of Nature is done its all about toping off those low level items, i.e. upgrading to Frozen Mallet, Youmuu's Ghostblade, Spirit Visage, and Hextech Gunblade (the additional slow range and ability damage is fun)

Commando Wolf

07-12-2011

Thanks for the great guide. Now I really feel the urge to buy Renekton and strike some fear into the enemy.

2pudge1cup

07-12-2011

Just had 2 fail games with rene my first time trying him out. Wish I checked out this guide before I jumped right into the fire.

Thumbs up.

Gunflame

07-12-2011

I'm going to hijack your thread a bit... but don't worry I'm sure you will like it.

- REALLY GOOD GUIDE! This is not my style of playing Renekton but it is a good guide... strongly recommended.. That being said I'll "hijack" a bit. Please read this and I hope you can introduce my recomendations in your guide.

No matter the build ALWAYS ALWAYS build his spells like this:
Q,E,Q,W,Q,R after that R>Q>E>W

Tanky Renek: Usually In lane I play a more tanky Renek (usually because we don't have a strong main tank). Here is the suggested build

Runes: ArmPen Marks and Quints, MR per lvl or flat Blue, Armor per lvl/flat yellow
Masteries: 21/0/9. with longer buff duration.
Spells: Ignite ghost are my favorite.
Items:
- Cloth+5xHP pots
- Brutalizer -> Ghostblade (after sunfire)
- Boots -> Ionian (when needed)
- Spirit Visage
- Sunfire
- Atma
- Force of Nature, Aegis or Guardian Angel

I don't remember the exact numbers but you get ton of Armor and decent magic resist... An extra Magic Damage Auraon top of Dominos, more than 200 AD from Atma/Ghost/HP, and a decent chunk of magic resist. Also 40% CDR. Very very Late game you can replace Visage for something else (warmoggs, Thristrs, IE, Last Whisper) and get the blue elixir for 10% CDR.

Jungle Renek: I share my jungle renek, trundle and rammus runes. Blues and Quints can be changed to other things (like AS, MR/Lvl, flat AD or anything you feel fits well enough).

- Runes: Flat armor yellow and Quints , ArmPen Red, Blue flat CDR.

- Masteries: 1/17/11 (buff duration and greed)

- Spells: Smite/ghost

- Items:
* Cloth+5x pots
* Wriggles
* Boots (usually Mercury or Ionian)
* Aegis if you are poor
* Sunfire
* Atma
Anything else you like. Sell wriggles late game if you don't need it.

Route: This is a complex jungling because it isnĀ“t about simply autoattacking. You have to carefully plan your rage usage so you jungle fast enough.... let me explain:

Auto attacks vs Skills (Anger Management)

- Always use a skill AFTER an autoattack:
Attack->Q->Attack->E->Attack->E->attack->W

- W resets your attack timer. Once you are lvl 2 you should do the following:
Right click the mob-> See the start of the animation-> Immediately after the attack does damage press W-> attack-> Q ->autoattack until CDs are ready, Apply the technique explained above.

- RAGE:
** Without Madreds/Wriggles you want to save your rage for Q... but don't save it for a long time, only if the cooldown is 2 seconds away or less. Otherwise use it on W (read about killing minions with W).
** With Madreds/Wriggles you want to save your rage for W... but W has a long Cooldown so if it is 5 seconds away it is better to just spend it on Q.
** Never use your Rage on E unless you are about to return to base or you know you won't need it.
** After Wriggles you can substain well in the jungle... it is just a slow process getting there.
** If you have Madreds/Wriggle you should do this rotation: attack(AA)->W->AA->Q->AA->E->AA->E.. wait for cooldowns
** If you do NOT have Madreds/Wriggles you should do this rotation:
attack(AA)->Q->AA->W->AA->E->AA->E.. wait for cooldowns
** Q Gives you up to 20 rage in the jungle (4 wraiths). It ALWAYS gives you 5 rage per hit
** W Gives you gives betwen ZERO (0), 10 or 15 rage. Zero if you kill the minion with it, 10 if you use it without fury and 15 if you use it with fury. As you noticed it is a good idea not to use W if you are about to kill a minion.
** W gives you 2-3 chances to trigger Wriggles/Madreds.

Route:
Fast explanation:
One Small wolf -> blue buff (needs a leash) -> finish wolves -> wraiths-> small golems -> red buff small minions (not the lizard)-> recall-> red buff -> lvl 4 gank with double buffs-
Detailed explanation:
- You need a leash tell them to wait behind golem wall as usual
- Go to Wolves, Attack small wolf (5 rage), Q after the first attack (5+15 =20 rage). Attack the small wolf 5 times (20+5*5= 45 rage). Run towards golem... as you walk towards golem use Q to kill the wolf and get your last 15 rage (60 rage total).
- Golem spawns, you get a leash and start drinking your pot. Attack (65) -> fury Q (-50+15=30 rage)-> Autottack until Q is ready... you should be able to land ANOTHER raged Q. Before golem is gone. Use smite at 425 HP.
- Finish wolves... usually you get to 50 rage when there's a small wolf alive. Don't use your rage on him, save it for wraiths.
- On wraiths if im almost full health I start with AA->W (raged) ->AA->Q. If I'm lower than my optimum HP I go AA->Q->AA->W->AA until the wraith dies. Try to mana your rage and remember wraiths can give you up to 20 rage if you hit all 4 of them... be smart on how you kill them. Somtimes it is good to leave them low HP and finish them all at the same time with a Q. Don't ever kill them with W.
- Go to small golems. Try to use Raged Q for more HP and pots as needed. smite them and when done go to lizard.
- You should have 1-2 pots left. Kill the small minions WITHOUT using a potion. Even at low health you should be able to kill ONE (I always kill them both).
- Recall buy a sword, ward and pots if you got the gold, go get red buff, ding lvl 4, go gank.
- Continue jungling applying the techniques explained above.