My Noob View of Veigar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pretty

02-08-2010

No matter what game I'm playing, I always end up caster. I love the mass damage and being able to hang back behind my teammates to avoid taking hits. So, of course I stumbled apon Veigar and frankly, I think I'm in love. Aaah, the 'Glass Cannon'

I usually bring the skills: Ghost + Mana (forgot the name hehe)

I start out with Doran's ring (yes, a reccomended item- but its cheap, adds health/mana regen/ap and leaves me extra shiney coins to spend) and a couple health pots and mana pots.

A point into Baleful Strike and last hit creeps until I have enough gold for:
- Boots of Speed [building to either Sorcerer's Shoes or Mercury Treads, depending on the other team]
and
- Amplifying Tome [building to Mejai's Soulstealer]

As I level I distribute points into Baleful Strike > Dark Matter > Event Horizon
Teamed up with the right lane mate, and Event Horizon + Dark Matter + their attack + Baleful Strike usually gets us a few kills and pushing their tower back.

By now I usually have enough to finish my Boots and Mejai's, I sell the Doran's Ring,
and start building my Zhonya's, along with grabbing some Elixir of Brilliance. For the Zhonya's I start with the Blasting Wands (ofc I'm such a damage *****)

I farm wherever I go, even if I'm just passing thru middle to gank up top, Dark Matter and just keep walking on by :]

Once I have my Zhonya's I start building my Lich Bane.

As you can see, I have no defense in my build at all, beside the Magic Resist from the Lich Bane, and Mercury Tread's debuffs if those are the shoes I'm wearing. I rely on my Event Horizon and Ghost to get away if I need to. All the more reason to get my shoes early on, and Lich Bane (7% movement speed) towards the end, since the other team will likely be zippin all over.

Most of my kills are a result of harrassing away 1/3-1/2 of their life, then
Event Horizon + Dark Matter + Primordial Burst and finish with Baleful Strike- if they do start to run with little life, I Ghost right after them and smack them with another Baleful Strike.

The end

Please please leave me and feedback, good or bad.

<3

OmniOblivion

02-08-2010

Veigar is better off mid to late game. His big job in the beginning is to farm up AP.

I like to go Clarity and Cleanse. When I reach lvl. 6, I harass my opponent until my mana runs out. When my opponent tries to rush me, I quickly Clarity to nuke my opponent. Cleanse is there to remove any debuffs.

Try to start with Meki Pendent and 2 HP pots. Doran is good for early i can see that, but I can't upgrade anything with that item. I would get Chalice (it's not required, but it does help Veigar lane MUCH longer and easier).

If you are REALLY good at killing champs, then go for Mejai. Otherwise, go for Deathfire's Grasp (Meki)) for the UNIQUE active.

I would get 1 of every ability (lvl 3). Max out Baleful first to get last-hits easier. Then Event Horizon.

Zhonya is VERY tough to get mid game. Get either Void Staff for the higher Magic Resist champions or Abyssal Scepter for the weaker Magic Resist champions. Really, Zhonya will benefit Veigar better late game.

If you end up getting killed quickly, replace Boots with the proper defense you need (either Ninja for armor or Mercury for Magic Resist/debuff). Chalice, again, will help against AP.

Ghost is fine. I guess if you had Mercury, then debuffs wouldn't be too much of a problem (Cleanse).

pretty

02-08-2010

Clarity! That would be the mana spell I said I like to bring, for the same reason you mentioned :]

I'm up for trying new things. I'll see how my next game goes with your tips ;]

junster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2010

3x doran's ring.
360 hp + 30 ap and 15mp5. with passive your baleful is only costing 20 mana.

Taking a teleport instead of clarity is also viable. dark matter is great at defending towers. and teleporting + buy around lvl 3-4 for more rings when you run out of mana essentially replaces the early clarity effects.

I take 1 pt into dark matter because you need the longer horizon to land it.

the 10 ap from your first doran's will help you with lvl 1 - 2 baleful farming when its weaksauce. You are usually the squishiest char on the team and you need enough hp cast a pentagon when getting stun focused. the +15mp5 will allow you to farm baleful and harras a bit. many times i see viegar using all his mana to farm and getting harrased up the butt as a result.

pretty

02-08-2010

Wow, ok..

:]

Interesting!

It makes sense? but do you play that way? How well do you do with that??

junster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2010

It depends,

Solo que probably not any more effective than a 1 doran ring build.
If you group que, and basically the first 3 group battles are going to decide the game i say it's effective. so sometihng like doran ring + sorc boots is really sufficient dps, you should have about 60 - 80 AP with your creep kills and 3rings

CryHavoc

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by junster View Post
3x doran's ring.
360 hp + 30 ap and 15mp5. with passive your baleful is only costing 20 mana.

Taking a teleport instead of clarity is also viable. dark matter is great at defending towers. and teleporting + buy around lvl 3-4 for more rings when you run out of mana essentially replaces the early clarity effects.

I take 1 pt into dark matter because you need the longer horizon to land it.

the 10 ap from your first doran's will help you with lvl 1 - 2 baleful farming when its weaksauce. You are usually the squishiest char on the team and you need enough hp cast a pentagon when getting stun focused. the +15mp5 will allow you to farm baleful and harras a bit. many times i see viegar using all his mana to farm and getting harrased up the butt as a result.
I disagree. You're basically dedicated most of the laning portion of the game to getting a very basic item. It's going to cripple you later, unless you get fed, in which case a soulstealer would be better.

Brozan

02-10-2010

I've found sapphire crystal let's me stay in lane and farm killing blows long enough to make my 580g for my tear. I don't waste mana harrassing, though, this early in the game. I recall when a wave gets wiped out, get full mana and my tear, and I teleport back in with no exp or gold lost.

At this point I've got enough mana to last me until my next buy session which generally starts my gank phase anyway.