[Very Serious Suggestion] Champ Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodziIIa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2011

When in the champ select screen sometimes there are already AFKers, but instead of restarting the queue when the timer runs out, they get a random champ.

I think this could easily be fixed: instead of giving them a random champ, restart the search for a queue. I hate starting a game, knowing my team only has 4 people. And even if the person comes back, they have a random champ, likely with the wrong runes, masteries and summoner spells.

Y U NO RESTART QUEUE RIOT???

Luckless charm

03-12-2011

This totally defeats the purpose of the "disable lock-in button" proposal, what would be better? anti-instalock, or anti-afker

RascallacsaR

03-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless charm View Post
This totally defeats the purpose of the "disable lock-in button" proposal, what would be better? anti-instalock, or anti-afker
anti afker, duh

Pyuu

03-13-2011

Ofcourse anti-afk.

Blackultra

Adjudicator

03-14-2011

How about instead of restarting the queue, it just sets them up with the champion they played from their last game? that way their summoner skills and masteries/runes are already fitted to their champ, and you know they wont get a champion picked that they have no experience with?

Tell Tale Heart

03-15-2011

I agree with Blackultra's suggestion here to some extent, and believe it would be a nice addition to the way things work at the moment, but I don't feel it entirely solves the issue of people going AFK after queueing.

Along with there being a "Random Champion" Icon at the end of the champion portrait list, I suggest that the champion that you last played should be moved to the first place in your list, so that you can easily select them again, should you want to play them.

I own almost all of the champions, and have long sought after a "favourite" champion spot, or a way to customise the order that the champions appear.

I think that if somebody doesn't make the effort to click a champion's portrait at the start of the game, and are legitimately AFK, they're not likely to participate in the game itself, and I'd personally rather wait 30 seconds for a new queue, than do a 20+ minute 4v5 game.

Silvron Arcannas

03-16-2011

I agree with the OP. I'd like to add the suggestion to boot the afk player from the queue, as it would be bad to have him go back into the system, as afk, to do it all over again in a different champ select.

doomsphree01

03-16-2011

but wat happens if there is riot game error and it screws up onyour screen just b4 u can pick and it doesnt close fast enuf? and i think it would be better if they afk they get bans or something like few hours or minutes or a day or two ban because i saw this guy he afked in queue and in game then i went for another game again and i saw him in the other team and the other told me that that guy was afking......some people just never learn.......