Please help me with my lag/spike problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ADL

02-07-2010

I seriously had been fine ALL last week (and months before that) with NO problem at all even when other players complain about it. My internet did not reconfig itself, nor did I install or do anything different so I'm hoping this lag isn't from my end :\

It started 2 nights ago, I start getting these random lags/spikes or w/e u call it in games. It's been frustrating. What happens is all the hp bars disappear and everything is frozen of its motion. OR I can't move at all while I see other players move perfectly fine and then I suddenly die.

This has been real frustrating, any help/advice?

I'm gonna attach some logs.

Stridulent

02-07-2010

Ya I've been having this problem, too, as well as a lot of other people. It is EXTREMELY annoying when it happens. I hope this get addressed really soon!

ADL

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razuvious View Post
Ya I've been having this problem, too, as well as a lot of other people. It is EXTREMELY annoying when it happens. I hope this get addressed really soon!
Every game for me :\ And the first 10 min = almost perfect which almost makes me optimistic only to be disappointed

ADL

02-07-2010

Would love it if someone from riot gave me a reply :\

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-08-2010

There were some issues with the server this weekend that may have been causing your problem. Although, looking through your logs it doesn't really show anything too out of the ordinary. Your ping was pretty consistant, with two short instances of ping around 200-300 at most and for less than 10 seconds.

ADL

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
There were some issues with the server this weekend that may have been causing your problem. Although, looking through your logs it doesn't really show anything too out of the ordinary. Your ping was pretty consistant, with two short instances of ping around 200-300 at most and for less than 10 seconds.
Ahh, what does this mean? Why am I having this problem right now then? Could it possibly be from my end?

niteghost

02-08-2010

I have the same problem since the last patch update. I lose control of my champion for few second, i can see my champion getting killed but can't do anything about it. It is very frustrating to see my champion getting killed right front your eye and you have no control over it.

Redscare

02-09-2010

The problem may not be related to your internet. It sounds as if you're encountering a resource issue on the system you're playing from. Processors handle information sequentially and other activities may be taking processor time, causing input activity from the keyboard and mouse to be delayed while waiting for resources to clear. It is not uncommon for things such as anti-virus scans, voice communication programs and backup programs to cause this. Also anything that overlays the graphics such as video recorders.

You may want to try to quit as many programs as you can to test, I've even had iTunes (especially old versions) cause this problem on systems.