How to play Kennen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaerellG

03-10-2011

So, I'm testing out kennen cause he's free and he rapes me everytime I lane against him (usually a sivir). So I want to learn how he plays and get good with him.

Currently I know how the mark of the storm thing works. So my goal is to land a shuriken, then lightning rush in and then use the AoE for a stun. Auto attack a few times maybe get another mark from the passive, and toss thundering shuriken as it comes up.

That's my current harass strategy.

Team fight strategy revolves around landing a few shurikens, then ult + lighting rush and AoE to land stuns all around.

Any suggested builds or strategies?
What sort of runes/masteries should I be getting? I'm guessing mostly defense masteries with a 9 point dip into offense.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

This Kennen Guide is a good place to start.

ZXPrototype

03-10-2011

A big part of it is playstyle. For me, I have a really bad habit of running into large groups of people no matter what type of champion i'm playing. Because of this, my tendencies lead to stronger knowledge of when to flash ultie.

If you play a style of always poking from the back, ashe/nidalee, then kennen will be inherently wrong to play because jumping into 5 people is generally a bad idea.

Umbral Fox

03-11-2011

You can go either defense or utility with Kennen, as you prefer. Defense gives you better survival, utility gives you more frequent summoner spells, faster movement, and lower cooldowns.

Always build a Rabadon's. After that, just about any caster item without mana is good for Kennen. Hourglass is very nice to have during a teamfight, since you can use it while your ult's going on. Rylai's adds some slows to your arsenal. Scepter or Void Staff penetrate magic res. Veil or GA are always good for a bit of defense.

If I'm doing well and have gold to spare, I like to buy an AS item too. Malady, Nashor's Tooth, and even Wit's End can be a good choice. This is basically a luxury -- it gets me more frequent "free" marks from autoattack, and each of the three has benefits of its own, but I get the solid AP core and a defensive item first.

Your harassment strategy is pretty typical. If you have trouble landing the shuriken skillshot, you can use a free AA mark to trigger electrical surge for damage instead. Save lightning rush for either committing or escaping.

In a teamfight, you want to go in early so you get that early AoE stun and the damage from your ult spread around, but not so early that you're focused down right away. Ideally you'll be the second or third one in, after the tank and maybe the melee dps. After your ult, get back out and, if you're not badly hurt, toss shuriken from the sidelines.

GiGoLoW

03-11-2011

take a look at this videoguide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJGUIhBaxBc