[GUIDE] Ryze at Mid-ELO

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS186afbf367d955

04-02-2010

I'm not to fond of the Mejai.. It's a very risky item and by buying it too soon (still in the laning phase) you don't really know yet if you're likely going to die a bit too much for that item.. By the way if your team get dominated you become quite useless... You're only overpowerful when you're already dominating the other team..
To my mind snow ball items should be bought according to the current situation. Someone who always buy it as his first or second item is making a strong mistake to my mind.

Deathfairy

04-04-2010

"Not bad for a level 7 nuke. Total damage = 104+260+400=764. Multiply this all by 65% for the AOE effect that also applies to the primary target and you get 1260. Ouch."

Sorry if it has been clarified somewhere, but i as under impression that 65% aoe did not hit the primary target. Is there trick to it or something, i was going to go test it out but i dotn have access to LoL this weekend.

Arrwrr

04-05-2010

I like the guide, but wherever your awesome regeneration is coming from, it's not from Strengh of Spirit.
Reading this guide, you seem to think that +200 mana correspons to +6hp/5. That is wrong. Unless this has been nerfed or the tooltip is wrong, SoS generates 0.3% of your mana in health per 5 seconds.

That means
200 mana / 1000 * 3 = 0.6 hp/5s

So lets just assume you have 2000 mana, this is what you get in health:
2000 mana / 1000 * 3 = 6 hp/5s

Ah. There we go. Buts that's nothing to fuss about really. Unless you're telling me you're starting a game with 2k in mana. For everybody else, this is just another yellow rune.

Deathfairy

04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrwrr View Post
I like the guide, but wherever your awesome regeneration is coming from, it's not from Strengh of Spirit.
Reading this guide, you seem to think that +200 mana correspons to +6hp/5. That is wrong. Unless this has been nerfed or the tooltip is wrong, SoS generates 0.3% of your mana in health per 5 seconds.

That means
200 mana / 1000 * 3 = 0.6 hp/5s

So lets just assume you have 2000 mana, this is what you get in health:
2000 mana / 1000 * 3 = 6 hp/5s

Ah. There we go. Buts that's nothing to fuss about really. Unless you're telling me you're starting a game with 2k in mana. For everybody else, this is just another yellow rune.
It is .3% total mana per second not per 5.

Arrwrr

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
It is .3% total mana per second not per 5.
Oh, right. That makes 3hp/5 for a blue crystal. That is not so bad...

Screech79

05-10-2010

any updates to this guide?

celedorellesin

05-14-2010

I'm a noob, so I could be totally wrong, but since I don't have the Runes or masteries to fill out this build quite yet I've been skipping Mejia's Soulstealer in favor of a Tear of the Goddess. It makes up the lost mana-ground quickly. Everything else i've been doing identical and I like it.

Apokalupsis

05-15-2010

I really like the build in the op. I followed it to the T (w/ exception of very minor adjustments to a couple runes based on play style)...and I dominated in my 1st 2 games w/ this build. I was skeptical at first because it isn't until later that the ap power comes in...but it really works well.

1st game: 5/0/16
2nd game: 11/1/15

I played Ryze a lot before his major nerf in Dec...haven't' played since until just now. I'm in love w/ this champ all over again.

Ty again.

Apokalupsis

05-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrwrr View Post
Oh, right. That makes 3hp/5 for a blue crystal. That is not so bad...
...no it isn't. You are doing your math wrong.

2000 mana * .3% = 6 hp / second...or 30 hp per 5 seconds.

Only 3 items in the game give that much (or more) hp regen....and all are over 2000g.

kearndog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2010

What is Strength of Spirit giving you because it says that it "increases your health regeneration by .3% of your maximum mana" which is normally 500 at the start for your build which would mean 1.5 health per 5 or per second? The mastery tree doesn't explicitly state which it is. Could you clear this up?