C'theeb, The Sand-Mage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schnickness

04-07-2011

SRT

Innate
- Good

Q
- Swap with E.
- No damage? mmkay....

W
- Good utility :P

E
- Swap with Q.
- Toggle mechanics make 0 sense...
- So it deals initial damage, then a DoT over 5 secs, then damage?
- Re-cast makes the DoT end and deals final damage ??
- Please clarify ^_^

R
- Waiting for an ability named Sandstorm for a sand champ hehe
- It hasn't been done in the game thus far, but that doesn't mean it is exciting or original
- Re-think this, I wanna see something that will make me go OMG I wanna play that!!

Verdict
- A few tweaks here and there, and re-write R other then that PL'd for now.

Icraig33

04-08-2011

Yes, i can go ahead and try to explain the E:

Basically, yes, it is a instant damage, DoT, and then more instant damage. The thing is, however, that the DoT costs additional mana in addition to the mana you use up when you activate the spell. if you re-toggle the spell during the DoT, you cancel the rest of the duration and damage and go directly to the final damage, as well as reduce the cooldown by the amount of time the DoT had left. I will go ahead and give you two examples:

EX 1: you use the spell at max lvl with no items on someone and wait for the full 5s duration of the DoT. basically, this means that you deal 300 damage (100 dmg in the beginning, 100 dmg over 5 seconds, and 100 dmg at the end). you used up 175 mana (150 initial and 25 over the 5s DoT) and you must wait 10s before using it again.

EX 2: You use the spell, but this time you decide to re-toggle the spell two seconds into the DoT. Now, you dealt only 240 damage (100, 40, 100), but now you used up 160 mana (100, 10) and the cooldown is 7s.

does it make more sense now? :P

Deeplight

04-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icraig33 View Post

Catheeb, The Sandwalker

Main Role: Caster
Alright Sandwalking caster. Lez do this.
Quote:
Abilities:

Sand (innate): Catheebs Damaging abilities penetrates 5/10/15/20% of the targets magic resistance [NOTE:levels up at 6/11/16]
Very simple, yet very powerful at the same time. Spell penetration for a caster is a huge bonus. 5-20% doesn't seem too bad. May want to consider static #'s but that's just a suggestion.

Quote:
Quicksand (Q): Catheeb throws a pile of sand 400 units wide at a single enemy champion, reducing the Mov Spd of the target by 25% for .5s. If the enemy does not manage to walk out of the space by the end of the slow, he will be additionally be snared for .5/.75/1/1.25/1.5s.
Mana Cost: 35/45/55/65/75
Cooldown: 10s
Range: 600
Wait so the target has half a second to clear 200 units while being slowed by 25%? The enemy champion with perfect reflexes would need 534 or more movespeed to escape. I would increased the time of the slow for 1-1.5 seconds. This way you will still most likely catch your prey, but you at least give your enemies a chance to get out. Does this only affect the target champ or everyone in the aoe affect? No damage? Maybe being snared in this spell should add an affect with your other spells? Just an idea. Alright next spell.

Quote:
Dehydration (W): Passive- Catheeb gains +5/10/15/20/25 HP/5s
Active- Catheeb sacrifices 8/8/9/9/10% of his health to replenish 6/7/8/9/10% of his mana
Cooldown: 7/6.75/6.5/6.25/6
Interesting self replenishing ability. Allround good spell for a caster. Keeps you out there longer with the hps and mana replenish. Testing on the #'s would have to be done about balance but otherwise this is alright. So far neither of the first two spells of yours benefits from your innate passive. Might want to keep that in mind.

Quote:
Desert Blast (E): Catheeb launches sand at an enemy champion, dealing 60/70/80/90/100 (+35% AP) initial damage, 20/40/60/80/100 (+25% AP) damage over 5 seconds and costing an additional 5 mana per second afterwards and finally deal an additional 60/70/80/90/100 (+35%% AP) instant damage at the end. The spell can be toggled during the DoT to deal the final instant damage earlier and lower the Cooldown by the amount of time the DoT had left. [NOTE: toggling the spell during the DoT will cancel the rest of the DoT duration and damage. running out of mana during the DoT will cancel it.]
Mana Cost: 50/75/100/125/150
Cooldown: 12/12/11/11/10
Range: 600
Interesting double nuke with a dot in between. A crucial spell for every caster. The big nuke. And so far his only one. #'s could use some work, but that's not really important unless Riot was asking for implementation in which case I'm pretty sure they'd work the #'s themselves. Good nuke that offer some flexibility. I like it. Simple but powerful..

Quote:
Sand Storm (Ultimate, R): Catheeb creates a sandstorm at a targeted area for 1.5/2/2.5s, dealing 150/250/350 (20% AP) over that time and blinding all enemies within the space for the time they remain within the storm, as well as for .5s after they leave the AoE
Mana Cost: 100/150/200
Cooldown: 90/75/60
Range: 1000 [NOTE: size of AoE is 400/450/500]
So yes this ability is an aoe and is has a reasonably short cooldown for an ulti, but .2 ap ratio? That's sorta low. But again that's just numbers. The spell is cool. Trap someone with Q and then are stuck basically for a full set up ultimate. Then punish them with E. And blinding adds a ton to any team fight situation. Trap a AD carry in the sandstorm gives your team precious seconds to deal with him/her and then move on to the rest of the weakened enemies.

In general you wrote a pretty nice mage that I could see itself fitting itself in a game like LoL with a little bit of tweaking. I would probably try to add a little bit more synergy which this champion could possibly have. And while your innate passive is nice, two of the abilities still have no affect from it. Maybe you can add something a little offensive to the first two abilities.

If you have any questions I'll be back to answer them.

Icraig33

04-09-2011

UPDATE:

Q: swapped with E

E: slow duration increased to 1.5s, now deals damage with the snare

R: effect changed from: Catheeb creates a sandstorm at a targeted area for 1.5/2/2.5s, dealing 150/250/350 (20% AP) over that time and blinding all enemies within the space for the time they remain within the storm, as well as for .5s after they leave the AoE

to

Catheeb creates a big sandstorm (600 units big) around him for 10s. As long as Catheeb remains in the AoE, he gains 50/62.5/75% dodge chance and Catheebs spells deal 5/10/15% more damage. The storm will dissipitate after 2s if catheeb leaves it. [NOTE: the AoE does not follow him around like fiddlesticks's Crowstorm]

BostonStapler

04-10-2011

I really like the concept of this champ, but i think you should change his R to something more like this.
He creates a sandstorm around him, while in it enemy's attacking have an increased chance to miss, and sandstorms rip flesh off your bones in real life. So why not do the same thing? I don't know just an idea

Icraig33

04-10-2011

UPDATE:

R: dodge chance changed to enemy miss chance while enemies are within the storm.

Icraig33

04-10-2011

UPDATE:

R: miss chance reduced to 10/30/50% from 50/62.5/75%, enemies now gain 5/15/25% spell failure

Schnickness

04-10-2011

RR

Q
- Good change

E
- Great

R
- Greatness

Verdict
- RL'd Grats man on the great work

BostonStapler

04-12-2011

pro champ. id buy him in an instant

Icraig33

04-13-2011

lol thx

bump