C'theeb, The Sand-Mage

1234511 ... 40
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icraig33

03-10-2011

Attachment 873489

I'd like to thank everyone who supported this concept and provided feedback. Without you all, C'theeb wouldn't have grown into his current near-gameworthy state.

But sadly, all must come to an end eventually and this is no exception. as of January 7, 2014, upon reaching the 60K view mark, I will no longer be bumping or tweaking this champion. It was great seeing him go through 3 years of evolution from his initial crappy skillset to what he is now.

So long, C'theeb, you'll always hold a special place in my memories

C'theeb, The Sand-Mage (ver. 4.5)

Combat Role: AP Caster
Tags: Mage, Ranged

Quote:
Statistics:
--- (Defensive)
HPoints: 470 +77/lvl (1779)
Armor: 16 +3/lvl (67)
MResist: 30
--- (Offensive)
ADamage: 50 +2/lvl (84)
ASpeed: .6 +2%/lvl (.804)
ARange: 550
--- (Utility)
MPoints: 225 +35/lvl (820)
HP Regen: 1.4 (7/5s) +.12/lvl (3.44, 17.2/5s)
MP Regen: .8 (4/5s) +.1/lvl (2.5, 12.5/5s)
MSpeed: 335
Fan-art (The images are coming out too large for some reason, so I'll send the links to the pictures):
http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/...ps41255634.jpg - by Mcleetpants. This one is a rough draft and I can't wait to see this one's final version. I'll have it posted as soon as it's up!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...0&d=1369710906 - By Uracle. I'm especially fond of the clean penciling on this one

Quote:
Abilities:

Attachment 871346
Erosion (Innate): C'theeb and Illan's magic becomes more powerful as it damages enemies, granting him spell penetration against targets he has recently hit with his spells.
---

Damage from C'theeb's spells inflict "Erosion" on targets they hit, leaving a number counter beside them indicating the amount of Erosion stacks on them. His spells additionally penetrate 2 MResist on a target for every Erosion stack already on them. Erosion stacks last 5s and stack up to 15 times [NOTE: stacks are placed AFTER the tick of damage is dealt. 1 stack = 2 MR from target ignored]

Attachment 871342
Desert Blast (Q):C'theeb launches a blast of highly compressed sand at an enemy, dealing an initial burst of damage, followed by damage over a duration, followed by a final burst of damage as he tugs the sand back to himself. This spell can be pulled back early to deal the final burst of damage sooner, but with reduced effectiveness.
---
C'theeb launches sand at an enemy champion, dealing 30/45/60/75/90 (+35% AP) initial damage, 12/24/36/48/60 (+30% AP) damage over 3 seconds (costing an additional 13/16/19/22/25 mana per second), and finally deal an additional 60/95/130/165/200 (+35% AP) instant damage at the end. The spell can be toggled during the DoT to cancel the rest of it's duration/mana cost and deal the final burst -17% for each second activated earlier. if C'theeb and the target break the tether range, the rest of the spell will completely cancel itself.
Mana Cost: 70
Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6s [NOTE: the cooldown begins once the final burst is dealt.]
Cast Range: 475 units - Tether range: 700 units
Cast Time: .5s
Missle Speed: 1400 units
[NOTE: running out of mana during the DoT will completely cancel the rest of the spell. This spell has a potential of inflicting 5 Erosion stacks: 1 initial, 3 from DoT damage and 1 during the final burst]

Attachment 871343
Dehydration (W): C'theeb sacrifices a bit of his own health to infuse his sand with water-leeching magic. He then launches the magic-infused sand at an enemy, dealing damage, weakening the target and hydrating himself for a portion of the damage dealt.
---
C'theeb dehydrates an enemy, dealing 70/115/160/205/250 (+50% AP) magic damage and returning 45% of the damage dealt as mana . If the target has 8 or more stacks of Erosion on initial cast, he will additionally have his movement speed slowed by 20/30/40/50/60% and attack speed slowed by 10/15/20/25/30% for 2.5s [NOTE: managain is calculated after mitigation]
Health cost: 8% current
Cooldown: 6s
Cast Range: 525 units
Cast Time: .3s
Missle Speed: 1200 units

Attachment 871344
Illan (E): Cítheeb's spells travel farther and faster whenever they are within the proximity of Illan (his pet Wadjet). In addition, he can command Illan to fly at a location and damage all enemies on the way there.
---

Passive: C'theeb's projectile abilities will travel 25% faster whenever they are within a 300/325/350/375/400 unit radius of Illan. In addition, C'theeb's spells will also gain range on targets within a 100/125/150/175/200 unit radius of Illan
-
Active: Cítheeb sends Illan to a target location, dealing 50/75/100/125/150 (+35% AP) magic damage to all enemies it passes through, dealing 5% less damage to subsequent targets up to a minimum of 50% the original damage. Illan will then remain at that location until repositioned or until C'theeb walks 1500 units away.[NOTE: Utilizes a targeting system/behaviour similar to Orianna's Ball. Does not deal damage to enemies around the initial landing spot]
Mana Cost: 50/55/60/65/70
Cooldown: 4.5/4/3.5/3/2.5s
Cast Range: 800 units
Missle Speed: 1000 units
[NOTE: The aura range of Illan and the original spell range must at least be overlapping slightly to get the bonus range. This ability will additionally increase the leash range of Desert Blast by the amount increased by this effect. Double the numbers if you want the full diamater of Illan's auras]

Attachment 871345
Mirage (Ultimate, R): Cítheeb creates sand-clones around him that will follow him around, mimicking his spellcasts . These clones can be destroyed by enemies.
---

Cítheeb creates 2 sand-clones around him that will follow him around. These clones will mimic any of C'theeb's ability casts, the mimicked projectiles dealing 50/75/100% damage, adding their own separate stacks of Erosion and not costing additional mana. These mimicked abilities can be intercepted by enemies, including minions. Consecutive abilities that hit the same target have their damage reduced by 50%. Enemies can target and destroy these clones by auto-attacking them 5 times. These clones last 10s or until destroyed.
Mana Cost: 150/200/250
Cooldown: 130/110/90s [NOTE: cooldown sets off after clones expire/are destroyed]
Cast Time: .3s
[NOTE: Mimicked E's will cause the clones to shoot out mirages of Illan from their position in direction the target location. Unlike the real Illan, these mirages will only affect the first person they hit. Mimicked E's will always travel full distance. The maximum potential damage increase that can be done to a main target is 200%, while the maximum potential damage increase to a target intercepting cloned projectiles is 150%. Mimicked W's will only slow targets for 50% duration and these durations do not stack with each other or the real W on consecutive targets.]
Recommended Items:
Starting:
- Dorans Ring (Prospector's Ring on CS)

Core:
- Archangel's Staff
- Sorcerer's Shoes
- Rabadon's Deathcap (Wooglet's Witchcap on TT/CS)

Offensive:
- Void Staff
- Liandry's Torment (blackfire Torch for TT/CS)
- Deathfire Grasp

Defensive:
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter
- Abyssal Scepter
- Rod of Ages
- Zhyonia's Hourglass (Athene's Unholy Grail for TT/CS)

Quote:
Tips:
Playing as:
- While Desert blast deals great damage at all stages of the game, consider starting with Dehydration or Illan instead at the first level for better mana conservation.
- Although Illan has good damage potential later on, it also becomes less mana efficient at higher ranks and should primarily be used as a tool to set up your other abilities.
- Mirage is a great way to quickly stack up erosion on multiple targets at once.

Playing against:
- C'theeb can run out of mana very easily early on in the game. Try to bait him into spending health on casting Dehydration.
- C'theeb is very fragile and melts quickly to any form of focused fire.
- Items such as Ruunaan's Hurricane or Ravenous Hydra can make quick work of C'theeb's clones
Quotes:
Full voice set done by Youstink78:
https://soundcloud.com/youstink78-1/ctheeb

Upon selection:
- We have arrived. *hiss*

Movement:
- Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
- Come, Illan. *hiss*
- A sound plan!
- Fear is the mind-killer. *hiss*

Attacking:
- Long live the Sand-mages!
- Weaklings. *hiss*
- They are foolish.
- The sands are with us.

Taunt:
- You think sand is harmless? *laughs* think again. *hiss*

Joke: (Credit to Shadow Blitzer for adding elements to it)
- I make the best sand sculptures in all of Runeterra! *hiss*

Dance:
- Sand dance (credited to MrSlipperHat and KyokiTaly for thinking of the idea/adding elements to it) [NOTE: Illan will dance alongside him if he is currently at his side. If Illan is somewhere else, A sandclone will stand in.]
For those of you who don't know what it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq7DGvfnr3U

Quote:
Lore: (Big thanks to Sir Shadow Isles for tweaking it and making it pretty much perfect in my eyes)
While most consider the Shurima Desert to be hostile and inhabitable, there are those who proudly stay in the land of their ancestors and travel as nomadic tribes. Cítheeb was born to one of these tribes. He grew up under the harsh Shuriman sun and discovered at a young age that he had an affinity for magic. As with each member of the tribe who is found to possess magic in their veins, Cítheeb was trained in the art of combat in preparation for what is called "The Journey". The Journey is a test where those chosen are left in a sacred valley to survive with very little food or water. The purpose of the task is for the chosen to attempt to create The Bond, an eternal link that transcends the physical realm, with one of the legendary winged serpents called Wadjet that inhabit the valley. Tribal legends say that those who are marked with the ability to manipulate the sand are by the Gods to Bond with the Wadjet. Like all of the chosen before him, C'theeb stood trial and was deemed worthy of The Journey. He was sent into the valley, where he spent several years barely surviving the extreme environment and ruthless predators. Those who were sent on this path either returned with a Wadjet, or not at all. In the history of his tribe, not one of the chosen returned. Soon after his fifth year, Cítheeb began to lose hope. The rations he had managed to gather were steadily dwindling as his quest led him further and further into the desert. Starving dehydrated, and devoid of hope, he collapsed in the sand and surrendered himself to the Gods.

When he awoke, Cítheeb found himself in a dark, cool cave. Confused, he glanced around and was met face to face by one of the legendary Wadjet. C'theeb slowly crawled up to the creature as it stood there without moving. Since no record of the creatures existed, one false move could mean certain death or worse. He examined the creature with awe. The Wadjetís wise and ancient eyes bore into Cítheebís. For a tense moment, nothing happened. Suddenly, Cítheeb felt as if the door to his mind had been flung open. Thoughts, emotions, and knowledge that were far beyond his comprehension flowed into him and he realized that the Wadjet was testing him. Still weak from hunger and exposure to the elements, C'theeb poured all of his remaining power and will into the connection. The Wadjet seemed to smile as the Bond was completed. Cítheeb felt something that he could not describe. He felt as if he was one with the creature, and it was one with him. His strength returned to him as he rose, naming the creature and sealing the Bond; Illan. As the first of the chosen to return in centuries, Cítheeb was regarded as a king in his village. He was blessed with the title of "Sand Mage" and became a stallion of great power and wealth among the tribe. This life of riches and fame, however, quickly grew tiresome for C'theeb, as he began to miss the survival and the fighting he learned growing up. With that, he and Illan left the tribe and headed up north, into the unknown, in search of adventure. He eventually stumbled across the League of Legends, after many years of traveling. Upon learning the purpose of the League, he gladly volunteered to let himself and Illan be summoned as champions on the Fields of Justice. He now fights to show the strength and prowess of his people. So far, he has yet to disappoint.

"Life is like the wind. I am simply the sand it carries." -C'theeb

Apakakuta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

i like this concept only thing that really bugs me when reading it is the E DoT it seems to me that you'd lose the dot damage if you end it early how does that work out? is the left over DoT damage added to instant ending or what?
maybe add something to Q it seems rather weak as it is possibly a slow or more damage or something
and the R is good but seems low damage maybe cutt range of AoE down and deal more damage

Flippin Bear God

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

nice passive, is it global or just for him?

the q isnt nearly useful enough, even if u managed to get uber fed and hit 1k ap your doing 350 in a cone
but i guess the low cd na dmana cost make up for it, mebe add another effect like a slow to make it a skill that is viable/useful

[w] interesting makes building items like soulshroud/rod of ages more practical on him

[e]-very complex with multiple ways to use, if run out of mana does spell end or trigger the ending effect
i like this

[r]-strong ult in terms of its effects

his damage is a little bit low, as well as his mana costs and i think his ulti cd should be longer than 60
thats a full team blind + AoE and slow because rylais seems perfect for this guy
i was thinking at first that oyur sand spells should slow then i remembered rylais, perfect item for this guy ap hp and slow

nice champ +1

Icraig33

03-11-2011

1. toggling the E during the DoT will cancel the rest of it. because of this, you must choose between more damage or more spammability.

2. running out of mana during the E's DoT will automatically cancel the rest of it and go directly to the instant damage.

UPDATE:
Q: gave a choice between two different effects (i want YOU to tell me which one i should use)

R: increased cooldown and mana costs

Strikerblade

03-12-2011

Don't use either Q effect, you said caster. The first one is like a very weak version of his E and the second is a Hybrid effect when all his skills scale off of AP. Increase the AP ratio for all his skills, and a suggestion for the Q would be to keep the same damage, but instead of launching sand in front of him, he snares the target for a duration. Increase the base damage for the Ult and make the innate have levels, auto-leveling at level 6/11/16, like the Ult. So it is 5/10/15/20% magic pen.

Icraig33

03-12-2011

UPDATE:

Q: changed from:

Flash of Dust (Q): Catheeb throws sand in front of him, dealing 20/40/60/80/100 (25% AP) to all enemies within range
Mana Cost: 25/35/45/55/65
Cooldown: 5s
Range: 500/Cone skillshot
TO
Quicksand (Q): Catheeb throws a bunch of sand at a target enemy, dealing 20/40/60/80/100 (+35% AP) damage and snaring the target for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s
Mana Cost: 25/35/45/55/65
Cooldown: 7s
Range: 600

E: Increased the ratios from 25,15, 25% to 35, 25, 35%

R: Increased the ratio from 15% to 20%, increased the base damage by 50

Innate: Now increases at levels 6/11/16

Strikerblade

03-13-2011

Much better. =)

OriginalName89

03-13-2011

i always enjoy your champions

Flippin Bear God

03-13-2011

+1 again

Icraig33

03-13-2011

lol thx

UPDATE: added quotes.

1234511 ... 40