Question, regarding Phoenix Jungle Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord of Asia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2011

Before you answer the question, I'll have to assume a couple things about you. If they're not true, don't answer.

a) You jungle Udyr regularly, because you're a MF'ing boss. And so is your Udyr.
b) You have tried all reasonable jungle Udyr routes, but have never, EVER, started off with Bear recently. That's just silly.
c) You aren't a troll.

Now here's my question.
Since Phoenix gives a faster jungling time, it's quite common for high Elo players to go for it instead of Tiger. But after lvl 2 (of Phoenix), do you stop using Phoenix, and go for Tiger? Or instead, do you max out Phoenix?

Arkives

03-06-2011

Max out phoenix. if you get a fourth spell like that w/ out maxing out one before hand you'll come across mana problems. I max out tiger after turtle and phoenix w/ one point in bear. Also the camps and minion waves will begin to take longer if you hold off on phoenix for too long.

Aemon Darkstar

03-07-2011

a) true
b) I've been testing routes every other day for the past few weeks, since a friend of mine complimented my Udyr so i've been searching for alternative routes.
c) also true.

On that note, I get level 3 Phoenix (2 does give slightly more mana problems), and from then on I max Turtle and Tiger. Bear I will generally keep at level 1 unless I'm facing some serious fast movers.
Pre Tiger buff, I used to max out Phoenix as that was the only real way for tank Udyr to do damage. Now, that is no longer the case. With Tiger, even a tank Udyr has very respectable DPS.

iCaughtEmAll

03-10-2011

In what order should they be leveled up though

1ronLung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-10-2011

give scienceXreason's guide a look. most in depth look at udyr i've ever seen.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/7183

XLBiceps

03-10-2011

its called tiger stance the buthole out of blue buff then max pheonix and turtle with a point in bear