This strategy that I saw in CLG's games...would this work

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dull Pencil

03-10-2011

I've coordinated these jungle and lane ganks with my friend other skype, theywork very well if you have CC or good burst

omgwtflolbbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetika View Post
Wait, so this strategy's real purpose is to protect your jungle? Not grab an easy ace, and get the gold/exp advantage?
This is correct. Before minions spawn, your goal is either to protect your jungler or to invade the enemy's jungle in order to gimp them. If you have a very strong level 1 team (lots of first skill CC), then it's fairly common to do the latter.

GCqR5Uimh9I8RaTo

03-10-2011

Jungle needs protection because he does not have a tower to run to. Hence why usually the entire team groups up at the beginning in higher Elo matches. Even in lower Elo it is fairly common to at least have top and mid help watch the river if there's a jungle on your team (assuming they are starting at blue). Tossing a hit or two onto the golem helps a ton too for the jungler to stay high health through the run so less risk of a gank if the jungle is invaded by the enemy jungler.

Cyndikate

03-11-2011

Wow. This, I did not know. I just started learning jungling. I never knew in high ranked matches that they took junglers as such a high priority. I thought people would drop a ward and hope someone goes past it.

Suuperdad

03-11-2011

This is just a low elo vs high elo thing. All high elo games consist of a team rolling as 5 until minions spawn. This doesn't happen at low ELO, simply because low ELO is like herding cats.

omgwtflolbbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2011

The reason for this is that junglers are often the catalyst that actually get action going. People are good enough that they have no problems safely farming in lane against an opponent or two they can always see. That's why in tournament games you generally don't see a lot of really early first bloods unless it was due to a level one fight of some kind - people just don't die because they understand their limits. Junglers and roamers change up the game dynamic by ganking (allowing for surprise situations) or just straight up invading and doing battle with the other jungler, in which case buffs are stolen which can very quickly change the tone of the game. Junglers have by far the most important early game role.