Laning against Cait

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeoneth

03-10-2011

Simply put i haven't fought enough caitlyns to have any experience in laning against them
Last game I was Tristana and went mid (we were down 1 guy and noone else wanted mid) and went up against a caitlyn. She almost zoned me the entire phase if it wasn't for the help of an Irelia on my team and a jarvan every now and then but for the most part i was tower hugging.

So does anyone have any advice for countering her during the laning phase?

Rize Up Rev

03-10-2011

easiest way to counter cait early game is constantly moving .... and paying attention to when she does that extremly long range attack.....

ShadyGrave

03-10-2011

first to know is that cait is one of the longest ranged champs in the game, and has a very strong early game. while trist will have a longer range later, early game cait will outrange you a bit. to avoid her Q, keep moving to the side back and forth, it makes it difficult for her to hit with her skillshot. try to only last hit the minions so that you are closer to your tower for safety. and if you are having lots of trouble a gank from an ally helps (as you discovered) remember that from under a turret you can still farm if you pay close attention to the health of a mob.

i would recommend just loading a custom and let the mobs push to your tower so you could test out when to last hit with trist under a tower. if you feel you are pushing your lane too much and she is zoning you, try not to level up your E too much in the beginning.

Pplofdaworld

03-10-2011

Her skill shot hurts. Anyone who lane'd against her at one point can agree on that. Try running figure 8s and paying lots of attention of that 1s animation if that cait's a spammer.

Ramune

03-11-2011

as trist, try doing what everyone above said, constantly move back and forth, and just last hit minions.
if you want to harrass her, wait till she fires off her skillshot, move out of its way and jump to her and explosive shot her, then auto attack her a couple times and back off. in most cases you should have hit her harder than she did to you

PopQuizHotShot

03-11-2011

I'd just like to add that I also have huge problems laning vs Caitlyn as well. It was even worse for me since she was solo top vs my solo swain and she had ignite. So every time I'd get near minions Caitlyn could hit me for 150% damage because she was always in the bushes and it was just a losing situation. I went for her a few times and her autoattacks + minions + ignite can burn down almost any ranged squishy champ.

Unless you are very confident of being able to gank Caitlyn early on I would just play extremely passive and only last hit. Yes Caitlyn will probably take down your tower fairly quickly this way but it is ok because if you do not feed Caitlyn then she is fairly weak late game.

As trist I'd try to last hit as much as possible until around level 8 or so then go back and get as many dorans blades/shields as possible and just bum rush Caitlyn with rocket jump + your e skill and ult to finish her off. Put all your points into w and e and you should be able to win. It will work even better if you have a warwick jungler or someone else with cc around.