A Quick Question to Ranked Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreverda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

Have any of you had such a low ELO you think it's not worth playing in ranked?

I mean, when I started ranked it was fine I would win one then lose one so my ELO would barely move. Now I keep getting thee teams who don't know how to call MIA, don't use wards and just feed the enemy carry alot.

I was around 1000 ELO and now I'm down to about 640 ELO because I'm being flooded with these constant losses.

Around 20 wins and 40 losses now.
I can go 10/2 with a tank and then there's the Katarina who picked first on my team going 3/9.

Anyone have a solution to this or am I just stuck in "ELO hell" as you will?

Also I like to main AP Teemo and Eve.

Cemetary

03-10-2011

"Ap Teemo"

*sigh*

Daniellynet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreverda View Post
I can go 10/2 with a tank and then there's the Katarina who picked first on my team going 3/9.

Also I like to main AP Teemo and Eve.
Really?
When I play tanks I try to give last hits and kills to my team, I even tell them I am willing to sacrifice my own life to save them from dieing and they THANK ME FOR IT.
What does this help me with?

1. Carries won't die.
2. Carries will be fed.
3. Team will have lots of damage.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/111584526-4.jpg

Read the last 3 lines. I sacrificed 3 times total that match.
Also, that Kat may go 3/9, but without the assists we don't know much. What if YOU took all her kills? She would do way better.

It also helps to be positive when playing and try to give out some minor tips.

Also, learn EVERY class. Tank, Jungler, Melee AD, Ranged AD, Support, AP. Will help you a lot.

Dreverda

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniellynet View Post
Also, that Kat may go 3/9, but without the assists we don't know much. What if YOU took all her kills?
Also, learn EVERY class. Tank, Jungler, Melee AD, Ranged AD, Support, AP. Will help you a lot.
That Kat was mid while I was bot she got 2 kills in mid then died 5 times in mid also.
About 6-7 of my kills were on bottom lane when I was with a singed.

I know almost every champion's abilities and I don't mind dying for other champions

Also I only had to pick a tank in that much because nobody else would.

Daniellynet

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreverda View Post
That Kat was mid while I was bot she got 2 kills in mid then died 5 times in mid also.
About 6-7 of my kills were on bottom lane when I was with a singed.

I know almost every champion's abilities and I don't mind dying for other champions

Also I only had to pick a tank in that much because nobody else would.
Mh.. She was one of those super noobs then. :/

Dreverda

03-10-2011

I don't normally play a tank but I will if no one else will. But now I'm on 21 Wins and 48 Losses with an ELO of 590.

HiddenMartyr

03-10-2011

play a carry, dont trust the other people at that elo because they are mostly trolls or horrible players. Win the games alone and dont rely on your team. If you do get a team that is play well together, back them up but dont put your faith in them. Just get yourself fed and carry.

Izeo

03-10-2011

While at higher elo it's extremely important to play it as a team game, pick the right champion for your team, etc -- I've definitely read (from Camera's blog, ~1800 bracket elo that intentionally brought himself to 0 elo and back up just to see what it was like) that at very low elo like that (below 900 or so), if you're good enough you can just 1-man team it with a hard carry or jungler (olaf, tryndamere, corki, ashe, etc) or just rush an early game victory with champs like annie, anivia.

Reason being (I believe) - the reason you pick what your team needs is that you have at least a little faith in them to do their job somewhat right (being that it's a team game, it's your only choice), and if you outperform the other team with your job (carry), it'll make it all the easier/better for your team to do the same. But at that low elo, there's no reason to have that tiny bit of faith in your random groupmates. Just be a strong damager/cc'er and show the other team what it's like to play against someone who knows what they're doing.

Dreverda

03-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzeill View Post
While at higher elo it's extremely important to play it as a team game, pick the right champion for your team, etc -- I've definitely read (from Camera's blog, ~1800 bracket elo that intentionally brought himself to 0 elo and back up just to see what it was like) that at very low elo like that (below 900 or so), if you're good enough you can just 1-man team it with a hard carry or jungler (olaf, tryndamere, corki, ashe, etc) or just rush an early game victory with champs like annie, anivia.

Reason being (I believe) - the reason you pick what your team needs is that you have at least a little faith in them to do their job somewhat right (being that it's a team game, it's your only choice), and if you outperform the other team with your job (carry), it'll make it all the easier/better for your team to do the same. But at that low elo, there's no reason to have that tiny bit of faith in your random groupmates. Just be a strong damager/cc'er and show the other team what it's like to play against someone who knows what they're doing.
Thanks for the detailed reply.

Dreverda

03-11-2011

Just played a game as Eve, went 8/1/8 then they started getting oracles and our tank was afk 20 minutes of the game. Then I asked them to help me kill the people with oracles but they just aim down other players.