Assistance with kayle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quintessence

03-10-2011

i have decided to pick up kayle because i need something that can babysit early and then carry mid and late. however i have some questions.

1. what runes are the best?

2. is 21/0/9 the best masteries or would something like 19/0/11, maybe 9/0/21 be better?

3. is the best item build still doran's ring > boots > guinsoo > nashor tooth?

4. is there a optimal skilling order or does it just depend on who you are facing/what your laning partner is?

5. can kayle effectively mid/solo lane or is she best suited for a duo lane?

6. is kayle viable in ranked?

thanks in advance,
Quintessence

Cenerae

03-10-2011

1. Magic pen reds, mana regen yellows, CDR blues, quints of choice.

2. 9/0/21 is better. Kayle needs the CDR badly, and the higher tier bonuses of the utility tree are much better than the ones in the offence tree anyway.

3. That's still the cookie cutter way to build her. If you can get the CDR from another source (Ionians perhaps), you could replace Nashor's with a Malady or some other AS granting item.

4. Cookie cutter skill order is R>E>Q>W, getting 1 of each by lvl 4. You may want to get additional early ranks of W if your lane is too tough, in order to stay in it longer.

5. If you intend to be a carry for your team, you will need a solo lane. She isn't a strong solo, but thanks to her heal should still be able to farm well. I don't like Kayle in a duo lane because there are better choices to babysit (Kayle's mana consumption is too high to let her both heal and harrass effectively at the same time).

6. Any champ is viable in ranked play if you are good with them. Kayle fits best in teams as a supportive DPS, but works especially well when there is a hypercarry on her team. An extra 3 seconds of life for your Tryndamere, Twitch, or other strong but fragile DPSer can make a huge difference.

DoomManufact

Recruiter

03-10-2011

Kayle isn't inherently bad, she's just another one of those champions that work best in more organized teams. The AP ratio on her heal could do with some help (it's .5, compared to nidalee's 1.2), but her role is mostly to spam RF, spot slows, and ult trynda/twitch/yi. Usually that means going a more support/hybrid build with guinsoo's, nashor's, stark's, rylai's or FM, possibly a gunblade.