double jungling team tactic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

meneroth2

03-09-2011

So im only lvl 20 and have only a few games under my belt but i was thinking about the game on a team-tactic level. We seem to break down team comp really well and all that jazz on an individual level but because of the public nature of the game, and the fact that alot of people dont have vent it really seems to be like a team game on mute. people ping all the frikin time but hardly ever explain what the ping means (except for the god**** excessive baron pinging). Anyway, so i was thinking about tactics on a team level and came up with an idea. this is it:

3 solo lanes, 2 junglers.

The junglers operate perpendicular to the river as opposed to parallel. this means they are going into the enemy jungle half the time and claiming it as thier own. so they each have a blue and red buff and they have the same # of creep to kill. obviously there are dangers to this, largely due to infiltrating so far into enemy territory. So, ill try and list the pros and cons that i see and give some potential characters that this would/wouldnt work with.

Pros:
Everyone is leveling up as maximally as possible.
as much gold as possible is being gained by the team.
2 junglers means they can get to troubled/gank lanes faster.
2 junglers can stuff an enemy jungler by supporting each other and if done well can take 1 enemy out of the fight by preventing leveling and gold.
better map awareness

Cons:
Team is REALLY spread out
Junglers are very vounerable to laners coming back
if it goes bad i think it would go really bad
2 lanes are under constant pressure from 2v1s

the junglers i would think capable of doing this tactic best would be Udyr, shaco, warwick maybe nunu and poppy. i know poppy isnt a dedicated jungler, but she can shut down enemy junglers pretty effectivly.

the 3 laners would be whoever can do solidly on thier own against two enemies. im no expert on all the champions but i would think sion, irelia, mundo, vlad, blitzcrank, ect. could do alright.

The whole team would need to take teleport with the junglers obviously taking smite and the laners taking whatever as their secondary, though clairvoiance or even rally would seem to be pretty decent options. with teleport up and wards all over it would allow the team to rally around a point pretty quickly. the junglers could get out if need be or the laners could go suppor the junglers.

Now the biggest problem i see with this sort of jungling would be crossing the river. good teams are gonna ward all the crossings so they will know when your guys are crossing over. the increased distances b/c of the river might slow the jungling process down as well. the only way i could think to get around this would be oracles elixer or teleporting to wards across the river. i think it would be better to save the teleport for desperate situations and oracles is expensive early game, but its really the biggest thing i think would cause trouble.

Obviously this strategy would require huge amounts of communication but i think it would maximize a teams ability to farm gold and xp, plus shutting down the other teams jungler is always nice. It seems like a risky strategy, but it would also be super badass to send the boys in "behind enemy lines"

am i ******ed and should go back to my unranked solo que or does it have any viability? anyone tried it?

CheerUpEmoKids

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-09-2011

old news. plenty have tried. problem is your jungler on their side will die. wont stop it unless he's a roamer. Sorry I only read a little bit.

meneroth2

03-09-2011

alright, thanks. i havnt been around long enough to see the old news.

JRizzle81

03-09-2011

It might have some validity in under level 30 games where there isnt a lot of jungling happening. Even then the two junglers, which means they would probably be smurf accounts, would have to be very talented at not being seen while jungling on the enemy side at really low levels. Anyways, once you hit level 30 or so then you see that both teams will run a jungler and it would make it impossible not to be seen and extremely hard to level up at all. Basically Its one of those ideas that would only work out if the other team were complete idiots and were content to stay in their lanes and get ganked repeatedly.

1ronLung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-09-2011

double jungle is a comp that can work well even at higher levels of play, but only if executed with extreme accuracy.

you need to nail ALL of your ganks in the early game, otherwise your comp runs out of steam and is left gold starved and underfarmed.

we talked about it on my weekly livestream show this week

http://www.livestream.com/1ronlung/v...8-7a88c9f68f9c

Claricorp

03-09-2011

You have to do it on a very, VERY coordinated team.

You HAVE to gank there jungler, multiple times.

You need VERY FAST junglers

You need very competent players who can solo lanes with the right champions who can sustain well and aid ganks well, Vlad, Karma, Mundo, Morgana and Cho are your best bets for side lanes.

Ganks have to be done perfectly, therefore, all wards must be annihilated quickly.

Will simply not work against certain team comps.

however

If done right, it could easily be one of the most incredible strats ever, your entire team would get incredibly fed, VERY EARLY, towers could be pushed constantly and very hard.

Aemon Darkstar

03-09-2011

I've personally seen this in action twice.
The first time, it stomped my team.
The second time, we raped their case.

Its all or nothing, and most of the time, its nothing.

Warrrrax

03-10-2011

I would only plan on doing it if there is no enemy jungler. That way, 1 guy does wolf/bluebuff and over to their side.
The other guy starts at wraiths, 2golems, liz buff and over to their side.

One thing Ive always wanted to try is 2 junglers together. Consider that a solo lane who sees 6 full creepwaves die, is only a bit ahead of the duo lane who sees 6 full creepwaves die. Solo xp was nerfed even more not that long ago.

So 2 junglers that stick together would clear the jungle a LOT faster and not need heal pots nearly as much, so they can start with real items. They would also totally destroy the enemy jungler if there is one as they would be much more aggressive about going over to their side.
By ganking together, they ought to be able to get kills pretty easily.
Imagine a Nunu/Udyr gank...thats a lot of CC. Actually lots of combos would work nicely, long as you have a slow and a stun that are reusable.

Gato Muerto

03-10-2011

I have done that pretty often. I main support and tanks, but my favored tanks (amumu, rammus) are often first-banned, so I am left with my fall-backs of Singed and Eve. However, Eve has issues with being in the middle of the fight, so I have started with a typical jungle setup for the lane, and then either jungle-invade, or part-time jungle and lane any time I have a Shaco or WW on my side that wants to jungle. That way, the opponents don't know where I am, and are forced to play more cautiously for fear of ganks on all lanes.

FireLife

03-10-2011

Junglers are a problem they usualy don't pay attention till its to late. Every game that i have played with junglers the team losses cause the jungler is to busy with whatever hes killing to even attempt to help the team. So in the end 1 jungler makes team a 4v5 and 2 makes it a 3v5.