Shaco guide by a 1700+ player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrDoomMD

03-13-2011

Great guide vision. I tried your path and strategy along with the rune set up and probably Had the best game in my shaco career. I finished lizard with about 3/4hp and had one pot left out of 5 :-/, but I had enough health to gank Ashe who was mid, who had already wasted flash. Then their Warwick jungler ganked my bot and I proceeded into his jungle and stole his wraiths, red, and golems. Later I caught him at his red thanks to my wriggles ward and smite stole it and raped him :-). I did fairly well and the game ended with a win I finished 16-7-14. The guide really helped my counter jungling confidence as well as having a early aggressive mind set. My build was kind of screwy but with some more matches I can only polish this strat and get better. Good guide.
PS vids will help a lot whenever you get your comp up and running, not even a tutorial but a ranked gameplay. Thanks.

ViSiOnInG

03-13-2011

thanks dude, glad it helped you. Keep practicing and gain more experience with shaco hes hard to master. yeah warwick is one of the easiest jungles to counter because he is slow. Also many beginner junglers play him, and their jungle path/runes and masteries might not be optimal

DrDoomMD

03-13-2011

Right, I'm not much of a jungler, my main is singed but I have always like shacos playstyle. Ive jungles with just about everyone but I usually go with ww because of his safe jungling and good ganks at 6+.
But I am learning that in order to be a good jungler besides ganks is to control the enemy jungler. That's why tips about ganking mid then finding him at red or little golems helps a lot. I want to jungle more just because it's a valuable role like tanking and I hate to see nubs fail at it. But as I said a ranked gameplay vid would help immensely just because of the adaptation of ranked play and the heightened awareness of enemy players. Also I found bloodrazors plus wriggles seemed a little redundant to me, I think I like the idea of a IE or dare I say TrinityForce? I definitely am a fan of bloodrazors though but it just seemed like I didn't do enough damage for a early surprise gank. Sorry for the rant I'm typing on a iPod touch and don't feel like putting the effort into making pretty paragraphs.

ViSiOnInG

03-13-2011

yeah jungling is probably the most important role on a team, because you can help every lane. to be a good jungler you just need good awareness of the map, when to gank, where the enemy jungler is around, how each lane is doing in general. Trinity force works well, I would stay away from IE though, its a very expensive item that doesn't benefit shaco enough to warrant getting it. especially if you dont level up Q 2nd, which I rarely do. yeah I'll think about making some videos in the future maybe, but probably not for some time.

Koudez

03-13-2011

What are ur thoughts on AP shaco, please don't rage or whatever, it'd be nice if you give pros and cons.

Osprey13

03-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViSiOnInG View Post
@Osprey13 are you running the same runes/masteries as I suggested? are the boxes you planted at blue hitting the big golem first? After you start blue you are supposed to plant another jitb behind the big golem, so it fears ONLY the big golem so that it will turn and target it. keep using pots, sometimes i have to use 3 when **** gets glitchy.

Yeah it seems like its tough to be really consistent. I kinda would like to see a video of your jitb placement etc. I am following everything pretty carefully and have had better success with the last few attempts finishing at about 75% after red. However I am putting down two jitbs at lizard before kiting and dropping a third nehind him. I can't imagine how you only do it with two.

ViSiOnInG

03-13-2011

@ Koudez I talked about Ap shaco earlier in the thread, look through it, but basically its not viable at higher levels of play, troll build lolz.

@Osprey13 oh I saw this video awhile ago and was trying to look for it this whole time LOL, this is almost exactly how I do it, except you dont have to really put the first jitb at red so far away(only works that way on bottom side), and obviously I don't do wraiths/golems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um5zkgHcdEw

Although I really wonder how he put down so many boxes for blue/wolves :S, must have CDR or something o.O

Edit: nvm he only has three at blue, must be before MR patch or something.

And no I did not copy this guy lawls.

ViSiOnInG

03-14-2011

Added the video to the guide!

TL Frolo

03-14-2011

the jungle route seems kinda slow
i mean you won't clear till like 4:10 in the video which means your gank is around 4:20ish

ViSiOnInG

03-14-2011

That's not actually me playing :S .... When I jungle I choose not to finish wraiths/double golems until later. After red I usually go gank/counter jungle. Usually gank around 3:30 depending on which lane. I beleive its the fastest way to get level 3 and both buffs. Most importantly, its the easiest way to get people to gaurd you. Getting your whole team to sit in one bush beside the blue buff is a lot easier than getting people to gaurd the are around red, especially when doing reginald's route since the boxes are in seperate areas.