[Mini-Guide] Body by Judah: an Alistar Combo guide.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judah the Lion

02-25-2010

After some testing and reviewing of Ali's combo substance this patch, I've come to the conclusion that only 2 combos are even remotely viable now: the BnB, and the Mini-force.

Unfortunately, the Mini-force is borderline useless now because of the position it puts the enemy at, i.e. very far away, and the BnB proc. is now, in my opinion, not worth the investment with Sheen due to its now low damage curve with these combos.

Alistar has taken a lot of hits this patch, and I want to make it absolutely apparent that his overall presence and team contribution has dropped considerably due to some of this, lowering his tier stance (and depth) by at least a level.

Sorry guys, and good luck. I'll keep you posted.

Shukaster

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah the Lion View Post
After some testing and reviewing of Ali's combo substance this patch, I've come to the conclusion that only 2 combos are even remotely viable now: the BnB, and the Mini-force.

Unfortunately, the Mini-force is borderline useless now because of the position it puts the enemy at, i.e. very far away, and the BnB proc. is now, in my opinion, not worth the investment with Sheen due to its now low damage curve with these combos.

Alistar has taken a lot of hits this patch, and I want to make it absolutely apparent that his overall presence and team contribution has dropping considerably due to some of this, lowering his tier stance (and depth) by at least a level.

Sorry guys, and good luck. I'll keep you posted.
Imho, BnB combo the way you review it, isnt actually possible. You cant time in 2 auto atk hits before you headbutt, because stun is only 1,2 secs now, assuming everyone is running Merc treads.

Judah the Lion

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shukaster View Post
Imho, BnB combo the way you review it, isnt actually possible. You cant time in 2 auto atk hits before you headbutt, because stun is only 1,2 secs now, assuming everyone is running Merc treads.
Yes, if they have Merc. Treads you're out of luck, but otherwise it works fine. Believe me, I have a lot of experience with these combos.

Also, thanks for the -1. . . in my thread. Pro.

Shukaster

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah the Lion View Post
Yes, if they have Merc. Treads you're out of luck, but otherwise it works fine. Believe me, I have a lot of experience with these combos.

Also, thanks for the -1. . . in my thread. Pro.
Even with full duration of stun (which is only 2 secs), you can pull it off only if you had luck to position yourself perfectly fine. And its actually almost impossible now, when every1 and their mom knows which combos Ali uses.
Btw, I've got a little bit of exp on topic too, since I have 200+ games played with Alistar.

I have to apologize for downvotting - I accidently misclicked it, actually wanted to quote. Didnt comment on that in previous message, cause I didnt think it was that important.

Judah the Lion

06-09-2010

June update!

5HATCOMBO

06-09-2010

Lolololol

Nerf Judah

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2010

glad to see the cow is back, somewhat.

Meloku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2010

wall of txt

thx for the info though

Frank O Shen

11-28-2010

I'm sorry that the thread is kinda old but, could anyone post a video of their hands when doing some of these combos? What would be even better is if you did picture-in-picture and showed the game at the same time. This might help people with the timing. I've gotten "Mini-Force" and BnB down, but the more complicated ones are giving me trouble.