[Mini-Guide] Body by Judah: an Alistar Combo guide.

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judah the Lion

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
snip
I won't be arguing the overall validity of these tactics very much at all in this thread, and I'm sorry if I come across as ignorant towards you, but that's not what this guide is about. For the record though, these combos are extremely useful in all ELO levels of play, especially in high-end games, if you can learn to execute them consistently.

I will say learning these and allowing them to become second nature when playing Alistar can and will give you a definitive edge when playing with competent, organized teams, and that's really all you should be focusing on.

Whether or not you want to set aside the time to implement them into your game is completely up to you, but I would highly appreciate it if you'd try to refrain from making a multitude of posts arguing against my methodology for trying to help new and vet. Ali players.

Thanks.

Judah the Lion

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talysien View Post
Doing this is pretty easy but it seems very situational. It doesn't punt them sometimes, and when it does it doesn't punt them all the way. So it doesn't seem to be for teamfights.

Am I doing it wrong? Also, the damage was alright, doing the more complicated combos, but it wasn't that epic. Seems too situational to me.

Am I wrong?
Could you be more specific on what you're having problems with? I'd like to help, but I'm not too sure where you're having issues with punting people back.

The damage can be very, very good when landed right, especially against non-tank opponents (I don't have any problems killing the proverbial, overzealous ranged carry thinking I'm free food.) If you're serious about using Ali correctly, all the time, you're going to want to learn these and learn them well.

Understand that Ali isn't a DPS and never will be, but he can have good-great burst damage with these combos if you've done your part.

Again, let me know what I can do to help!

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah the Lion View Post
I won't be arguing the overall validity of these tactics very much at all in this thread, and I'm sorry if I come across as ignorant towards you, but that's not what this guide is about. For the record though, these combos are extremely useful in all ELO levels of play, especially in high-end games, if you can learn to execute them consistently.

I will say learning these and allowing them to become second nature when playing Alistar can and will give you a definitive edge when playing with competent, organized teams, and that's really all you should be focusing on.

Whether or not you want to set aside the time to implement them into your game is completely up to you, but I would highly appreciate it if you'd try to refrain from making a multitude of posts arguing against my methodology for trying to help new and vet. Ali players.

Thanks.
My apology for not phrasing this to you as a question:
Is the Pulverize stun length reduced from a successful "Mini-Force" combo?

Does the MFP actually work currently in this patch, and can you prove it through a vid?

You are not truly helping people understand how to effectively play Alistar, or master this move, you are just stating how it sometimes works. I think providing legitimate disclaimers to this move, and more information on when it's ineffective would be better for the community trying to use it.

The "MF" does not give you an edge in playing Alistar. I can vouche for that. I can do this move consistently, and it costs me more then it helps.

The rest of your tips are covered in other guides and are solid. I just wanted you to clarify a bit on the dubbed "MF", which you are stating as a vital skill for high tier players to master - this is not true.

Judah the Lion

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
My apology for not phrasing this to you as a question:
Is the Pulverize stun length reduced from a successful "Mini-Force" combo?

Does the MFP actually work currently in this patch, and can you prove it through a vid?

You are not truly helping people understand how to effectively play Alistar, or master this move, you are just stating how it sometimes works. I think providing legitimate disclaimers to this move, and more information on when it's ineffective would be better for the community trying to use it.

The "MF" does not give you an edge in playing Alistar. I can vouche for that. I can do this move consistently, and it costs me more then it helps.

The rest of your tips are covered in other guides and are solid. I just wanted you to clarify a bit on the dubbed "MF", which you are stating as a vital skill for high tier players to master - this is not true.
No, it's still 2.2 seconds, and yes it does.

Sorry you've having problems pulling the combos off.

It works when you do it correctly. I don't recall saying anything was "vital", but yes, it'll make you a better player. Also, I would not touch the M.F.P combo unless you've played around with it for a couple minutes in a practice room and watched when the Sheen proc. happens--I've stated this.

I hope this helped.

Judah the Lion

02-08-2010

Video is up, thanks to rewt!

For those of you having problems figuring out how to execute these techniques, check it out!

Hope you guys like it.

rewt

02-08-2010

ttt for video in original post

Judah the Lion

02-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewt View Post
ttt for video in original post
Thanks for the help, cupcake! /high-five

Maybe kids like Nico will be able to believe in the power of Ali now.

SmecssRaege

02-09-2010

So, i've always liked alistar, and i knew the obvious things

but MY GOD!

Judah, i want to personally thank you (in absolute 100% seriousness) for these contributions.

My ability to really punish people has doubled if not more with alistar. (That and when i used to play him i never got sheen xD)

But yeah, some of the things i found super awesome:

Headbutt+Sheen proc = Great, super easy to do, and amazing damage if you main level headbutt (like 500+ dmg a shot @ lvl 9 plus the knockback...not bad.. on like an 8-10 second timer)

Mini Force = Nice to know, although i don't utilise this *THAT* often, if its a 2v1 gank or something, i will, but 9 times out of 10, id rather save headbutt for the bread n butter combo (which i obviously knew...as should anyone who has played alistar and isnt ******ed >_>)

but yeah, seriously love it, this was one of the best reads i've had in a long time and again...a HUGE thank you to bringing this stuff to my eyes

VasudeVa

02-09-2010

The video = WOAH.

**** thats a lot of damage. M.F.P took a way like 90% of fiddles HP.

So what kind of build did alistar have in that one? I see he's level 9. So is it a Lv5 Headbutt, Lv2 pulv, Lv1 Roar, lv1 ult? Because the damage seems to be fkn high.

Because I build my alistar with just 1 lvl on headbutt so that i can heal and push like a mofo. But I dont see him doing that kind of damage on a similarly leveld fiddles.

Twytch

02-09-2010

Interesting read and definitely things to keep in the toolbox for the right situation.

Might also be useful to mention in your guide that a headbutt into terrain will cause a mini-stun. Again, in the right situation that can be useful and can be combined with some of the combo's you mention.

1234567 ... 8