Ashe versus Teemo in mid

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dhania

Senior Member

03-09-2011

Now I'm a new Ashe, and still learning how to handle her. Early game is a big problem for me regardless, but when I see a little squirrel in my lane, I generally feel like I'm at his mercy. Is there anything I can do? I try to volley the li'l bugger when he comes in to blind me, but my cooldown is much longer than his, and his auto attack + poison takes a lot more out of me than I'm able to of him before the blind sets in.

Also, any recommendations for starting items? I've been using the kinda hokey cloth armor and health pots, to better deal with enemy harassment damage, but it seems like a big waste of gold.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ALargeBear

Senior Member

03-09-2011

Teemo counters Ashe, or really any ranged carry. As long as you are on equal ground with him in terms of farm and levels, he'll be stronger than you. Play passive and just farm, or lane swap.

In terms of surviving, cloth armour + potions or dorans shield are both good openers. You can grab an early null-magic mantle to help mitigate some of his harass and sell it later, or use it towards merc treads, etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blistful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-09-2011

You don't, teemo is a anti dps.

Switch lanes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Umbral Fox

Senior Member

03-09-2011

If forced to lane against Teemo, the main thing you need to know is that he has a very short range. Volley him from near-max range whenever you get the chance (ideally when you can also last-hit at least one minion with it) and then stay back to avoid his harass.

Do not engage him in a stand-still battle, he will win 1v1 every time if you don't outlevel/outgear him. Hit from long range and run, and avoid getting hit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Call Mee Maybee

Senior Member

03-09-2011

Switch lanes or just play really passive. Teemo rapes Ashe there really isnt much you can do..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeJamon

Member

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALargeBear View Post
Teemo counters Ashe, or really any ranged carry. As long as you are on equal ground with him in terms of farm and levels, he'll be stronger than you. Play passive and just farm, or lane swap.

In terms of surviving, cloth armour + potions or dorans shield are both good openers. You can grab an early null-magic mantle to help mitigate some of his harass and sell it later, or use it towards merc treads, etc.
Teemo does not counter Ashe at all. Sure teemo will win a straight up fight early on. But teemo in no way can stop an Ashe from farming if she has the proper runes/masteries. Therefore, Ashe rapes Teemo and "counters" teemo because she will always win her lane against teemo regardless because there's nothing teemo can do to stop her farm.

@OP I like boots and pots against teemo because you outrange him. If you play passive you can keep your just out tower range and freefarm easily. Moreover, teemo will naturally push the lane faster than ashe because teemo hits harder than ashe does.

Boots forces teemo to have to use his W to hit you. So long as you control the lane well and keep it in the sweet spot just outside of tower range.

If you're still having problems staying in lane to freefarm then take HP regen Quints and make sure to take strength of spirit defensive mastery.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LateralGrudge

Member

03-09-2011

Theres a few things i see wrong with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeJamon View Post
Teemo does not counter Ashe at all.
Right off the bat we have an outlandish exaggeration. At all? really? Teemo's Q does NOTHING to ashe's DPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeJamon View Post
But teemo in no way can stop an Ashe from farming if she has the proper runes/masteries.
Minions clash at 1:55: teemo takes first potshots at ashe, ashe backs off. Teemo stands next to the melee clash, and suddenly ashe can't last-hit ranged creeps, as teemo can potshot in response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeJamon View Post
Therefore, Ashe rapes Teemo and "counters" teemo because she will always win her lane against teemo regardless because there's nothing teemo can do to stop her farm.
1: just because you win your lane doesn't mean your champion naturally counters your enemy. Katarina/Trist counter hp-regen champions like Mundo.... but MF doesn't have any direct counters for Ez, but can still win the laning phase by playing aggressive with Q and W. 2: see above for what teemo can do to stop ashe's farm.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazyflames

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeJamon View Post
Teemo does not counter Ashe at all. Sure teemo will win a straight up fight early on. But teemo in no way can stop an Ashe from farming if she has the proper runes/masteries. Therefore, Ashe rapes Teemo and "counters" teemo because she will always win her lane against teemo regardless because there's nothing teemo can do to stop her farm.

@OP I like boots and pots against teemo because you outrange him. If you play passive you can keep your just out tower range and freefarm easily. Moreover, teemo will naturally push the lane faster than ashe because teemo hits harder than ashe does.

Boots forces teemo to have to use his W to hit you. So long as you control the lane well and keep it in the sweet spot just outside of tower range.

If you're still having problems staying in lane to freefarm then take HP regen Quints and make sure to take strength of spirit defensive mastery.
1v1 teemo will usualy beat ashe with equal items if ashe doesn't have her ult up. You basicly have to play passively. Even with your ult you still have to get him low or he will get away, call for a gank from your jungler.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZXPrototype

Senior Member

03-09-2011

Get a jungler to come gank asap.

If you hold off the level6, then your stun alone+red buff jungler will cause a kill ,even if teemo blows flash/ghost (of course wont always work if they ghost flash but with your stun it helps, and even more so if the jungler has some form of cc)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeJamon

Member

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateralGrudge View Post
Theres a few things i see wrong with this:

Right off the bat we have an outlandish exaggeration. At all? really? Teemo's Q does NOTHING to ashe's DPS?

Minions clash at 1:55: teemo takes first potshots at ashe, ashe backs off. Teemo stands next to the melee clash, and suddenly ashe can't last-hit ranged creeps, as teemo can potshot in response.
.
Ok lets play bro. I play Ashe you play teemo I out cs you all day despite your dumb idea Teemo counters Ashe.

First off Ashe gets automatic crit from passive. So if teemo tries to potshot me from start I'll hit him first with my free crit then back off. I win that exchange every time.

Early on Teemo Q is nothing more than a mininuke. What Ashe is gonna sit there and just try to hit you in a 1v1 situation? Ashe backs off for 1.5 seconds and hits teemo with a volley.

So long as Ashe does not push his lane he can at least match teemo in CS. Because Ashe is better than Teem late game Ashe beats teemo and not the other way around.

BTW: Katrina in no ****ing way counters Mundo. Sure her blades limit the healing but the hero itself is so awful it doesn't matter. You can't take things into a vacuum and say one hero counters another you have to look at everything. Kat makes Mundo's ultimate worse, but you get such a crappy hero in Kat that she's not worth it even if the enemy picks Mundo. In the same way sure Teemo's Q blinds Ashe, but early on it's only a mininuke as mentioned and later on Ashe carries harder than Teemo.


123