Swain AP vs Swain Tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grandmiral

03-09-2011

What is this? I used Swain as my main and I HATE Swain free week. He's mine! Only I can use him D:<

On a more serious note I see a lot of people going on saying lololol Swain is a tank hylbrid. I personally must disagree. I feel that you are wasting him if you use him as a tank at all. Life steal =/= tank believe it or not. I go heavy ap with him and I just DESTROY with him. I've seen "pro" Swain tanks and to be honest my team just lols and ignores him. Any thoughts?

Oh, and this week I am spending my time suicide killing people who are free Swaining it up.

Birdmus

03-09-2011

I ran tank swain for a while. I thought AP swain was lack luster compared to other champions with CC/burst.

I liked tank swain for the surprise factor. I would be the bait and let them jump me. drop the snare on myself, and birdmode. Let the team come in and AoE mop up, and then leash any runners for the team pickup.

Since spirit visage has been hit a little, it makes this build a little more difficult.

It all really comes down to your playstyle. I like tanking. I like making anyone into a tank. Especially Heavy CC characters, so that I can control a battle.

Cryser

03-09-2011

Tank swain doesn't have the same potential. Plus his mana pool will be the primary limiting factor on his abilty to deal damage.

With AP swain, I run OOM in teamfights before I die most often, why build tanky?

The only tankish items I get on swain are Abyssal Scepter and Zhonya's. They both work pretty well with his set, and I generally only get zhonya's late game.

Sir Hamilton III

03-09-2011

Tank Swain if you want to use your ult effectively.
AP Swain if you wanna just pick people off and spam your QWE on the outskirts of fights. But if you're gonna do that, why not play LeBlanc, Lux, Annie, etc.

Tank Swain utilizes Swains unique playstyle. RoA, Merc Treads Rylais, BVeil, Zhonyas, Deathcap in whatever order. Lots of AP, lots of survivability.

Onlyashadow

03-09-2011

You can't carry with tank swain.

Ap swain all the way.

Tank swain has little to no synergy with a tank build btw

unceunce

03-09-2011

I love Swain. I personally build him AP tank.

Rylai's, Zhonya's, Abyssal, Rabadon. Oh and a Spirit Visage sometimes too. Seems to work out pretty well

Gundaime Kai

03-09-2011

Lol I run a full AP Swain with some armor to be a bit more tanky, but it's mainly health/AP that I like running. SO much fun confusing enemies. In some cases, I've been able to tank entire teams, even if they have a tanky DPS or 2. It hurts but it happens. AP Swain all the way

Oh and Northern Front Swain is my only skin I need for him lol

Malficas

03-09-2011

Northern Front Swain FTW.

Im gritting my teeth through free week as well.

There are enough AP items with survivability on them to run an AP with some tankiness. I always get Rylais, Zhonas, rabadon. If i need some help i always opt for a tank item. You have to get into peoples faces too much not to have some tankish stuff.

Holy Malevolence

03-09-2011

Swain is a champion that I believe benefits from a combination of both AP and survivability.
How I'd probably build him:

ROA, Abyssal, Mercs, Zhonya's(Maybe), QSS in there somewhere(Ignite V bird man), and maybe a deathcap if the enemy team isn't that threatening.

Might actually play him if I had him and got to lane ever.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

Tank Swain = AP swain with a sunfire