Kayle DPS/AP build discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swift Ghost

02-06-2010

NOTE: I've made a guide on this now - Go check it out
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=133156

Ok guys I'm finding a lack of Kayle guides out there. On a directory there were 3 and 2 were outdated.

Now I'm unsure at the moment so I want you guys to gimme feedback. Please don't raged and stuff - that's why this is in the general discussion and NOT in the guides.
So critisism with reason = Yes! by all means!
Angry/Rage comments, especially without reason = No

Ok so this discussion is to allow me to better understand Kayle better before posting a guide. Now tank builds are pretty common and easy but I want to make a dps and AP one. Why both you ask? Well first I thought AP for reckoning and awesome heals but then I realised - Rightous fury is ap stackable so you could get lots of AP to get more damage!!

Summoner spell:
Teleport + Choice

I choose teleport so I can go back to base quicly to buy items. I find myself needing to back to base a lot to buy. As for the other summoner spell I soemtimes get heal for extra support or exhaust for all round goodness but Last few games I've been goign ignite for the kills. It very underestimated. People say it sucks late game but i've perosnally used it to aid me later game. It deals nearly 500 damage at level 18.

Runes:
Marks: Attack Speed
Seals: Health or whatever
Glyphs: Ability Power

I haven't bought these so unless you are going to use her heaps, runes aren't priority. Gonna cost alot to buy attackspeed runes JUST for her.
Just stick with watchu got already.

Abilites:
Ok this is more situational but I usually go

Reckoning
Blessing
Rightous Fury
Reckon
Blessing
Intervention

From there I just go 1 in heal, 1 in reckoning. Sometimes i get rightous fury 5th, sometimes my 4th is blessing and then my 5ht is reckoning. Just situational. All I can say is rightous is last, but jsut get one rank early game.

So to make it work you need attackspeed to make the most of that 10 seconds of Rightous Fury and cooldown reduction to use it more. When it's cd jsut hang back and support.

Item's
Nashors tooth! It's PERFECT! Gives 30AP, 30% AS, 12MRP5 and 25% cooldown reduction!
Compliments in every way!

Also sheen would be good. Rightous fury, hit, reckoning, hit. It gives ap and mana too. This should be upgraded late game to Lich's bane once you have the AP.

Now I've always wanted a good excuse to use this item: Guinsoo's Rageblade! Give AP and attackspeed so this will be good. This is probably not gonna work but I just wanna see what you guys think about it.

I'm not sure on the boots. I'm guessing berserker treads for more damage, mercury treads or sorcerer's shoes if you want to rely on reckoning but I think it won't be as good.

From here its time to get the AP. Probs Get Archangel's staff and Zhonya's ring. Tear of the goddess works best if you get it at the very start. So I think:

Saphhire Crystal + HP pot + mana pot
Sheen
Boots 1
Mejai's
Nashors tooth
Boots 2
Situational Item/Sheen/Mejai's- if not then go down to bottom of the list
Archangel's staff
Zhonya's ring
Lich's bane
Rylai's or abyssal or whatever.

End result:

Lich's Bane
Boot 2
Nashor's Tooth
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Zhonya's ring
Other

Edit: I've removed tear as I've found it uncessesary. What do you guys think should replace it?

I'm not too sure about the order of the items.

In that time all you get is AP from sheen, Nashors and possibly Mejais. Nashors is only 30 and sheen is i think 25. Mejais is good but I'm still having trouble getting large stacks. Mine slowly creeps up and never drops but too slowly anyways.
Comments on this please.

Please give me lots of comments on what you think, what needs to be changed, WHAT is wrong with it (not simply saying it sucks) and most importantly if AP/DPS Kayle is VIABLE!.

Thanks

Grutz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2010

To get a full picture, what do you suggest for Masteries / Runes?

Prisonal

02-06-2010

AP kayle is very easily countered with exe's calling and a minor ammount of magic resist. Her E spell really doesn't benefit at all from ap builds other than the fact that the splash pops rylai's.

Dps/Tank does way more and it's more reliable damage than ap kayle. Kayle is my 3rd most played champ and I've tried most all builds you can do well with her. Ap build isn't terrible but it's easily countered.

My preferance of builds are:

1) Support Tank (Aegis, Stark's, and Phantom Dancer for dmg, rest defensive items)
2) Support DPS (Stark's, Trinity Force, Last Whisper, rest cooldowns or Infinity Edge if you're fed)
3) Full out tank (Aegis, Frozen Heart, Atma's, Banshee's, finish with dmg items)

BeefJerkyHunter

02-06-2010

I would suggest against the Rageblade, I've used it and it's not as impressive as it sounds.

Swift Ghost

02-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grutz View Post
To get a full picture, what do you suggest for Masteries / Runes?
I'm thinking, but not sure:

Mark: Attack Speed, maybe armour pen
Seal: Not sure but maybe health for better survival
Glyph: Ability power (per level)

Swift Ghost

02-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerkyHunter View Post
I would suggest against the Rageblade, I've used it and it's not as impressive as it sounds.
Ok then. Anything in particular that you would suggest?

Swift Ghost

02-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonSex View Post
AP kayle is very easily countered with exe's calling and a minor ammount of magic resist. Her E spell really doesn't benefit at all from ap builds other than the fact that the splash pops rylai's.

Dps/Tank does way more and it's more reliable damage than ap kayle. Kayle is my 3rd most played champ and I've tried most all builds you can do well with her. Ap build isn't terrible but it's easily countered.

My preferance of builds are:

1) Support Tank (Aegis, Stark's, and Phantom Dancer for dmg, rest defensive items)
2) Support DPS (Stark's, Trinity Force, Last Whisper, rest cooldowns or Infinity Edge if you're fed)
3) Full out tank (Aegis, Frozen Heart, Atma's, Banshee's, finish with dmg items)
Oh ok. I don't suppose you've thought of anything with this kind of Kayle? BTW i reckon you should make a guide for kayle with your experience! Maybe you should check if there are other ones I missed but I doubt it. Kayle builds are in low supply but, at the same time, low demand. Still they're needed!

Swift Ghost

02-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonSex View Post
The splash pops Rylai's? That is really interesting! Does it also apply on the main target though?

Sudai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-06-2010

It does not apply on the main target. You have your built in slow for that though.

Swift Ghost

02-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudai View Post
It does not apply on the main target. You have your built in slow for that though.
If I had rylai's and used reckoning, would they be extra slowed? Would it be worth buying Rylai's on this build?