Kog'maw tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeonstorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2011

tbh, the best dps kog build should mix AD with AS. By having completely different builds, he is gimping kog's max output of dmg. firstly, madred's should be core on any sort of DPS kog regardless. Secondly, phantom dancer is a very good item and in my books wins over malady or SotD because of its movement speed - AD kog needs to get quite close compared to AP kog and needs that movement speed for positioning, chasing, running etc. Additionally, getting a black cleaver is more useful than just another bloodthirster.

For defensive items, I like getting a banshee's, although frozen mallet is also good if you are more worried about their dps.

Best Zod NA

03-09-2011

I usually start off with a Meki and two health pots, building into a chalice. I think people underestimate just how amazing chalice is, especially early on, allowing you to farm and harass without crippling yourself - it's only 500 gold on your first B if you buy a Meki first, and it gives some extra MR too.

DarkDr3gon

03-09-2011

people don't build AP kog cause he's an anti tank but some ppl do

lordshigan

03-09-2011

I play a pretty heavy dps Kog myself. I go AS:

Madreds, Executioner calling for healers and life steal, phantom dancers, frozen mallet for survivability and on hit slow, berserker grieves, and malady. Once you have all these and attack speed quints and marks you should be at 2.4... something which is almost cap. Grab potion and you are capped out and the enemy teams is meatloaf.

lordshigan

03-09-2011

BTW, with my build above you should have a total of 11% of health per hit when using bio. And are hitting 2.5 times a second for 6 seconds. That means anyone, regardless of health or defense should die very quickly.

Kuryaka

03-09-2011

I get my basic boots and potions first. Gotta outlast them mid. And I grab Clarity most of the time. Then again, I usually harrass massively with Void Ooze and Bio-Arcane.
After that, it branches off depending on tank count and probable magres.
No tanks and many ranged/dashers/stealth = run AP. I cannot risk even getting close with your W if they can pop out of nowhere. Basically you've been countered by their team, and so use Living Artillery to snipe safely from afar. Tears of Goddess -> Archangels.
Many high HP champs: Maximize % damage. Berzerker's Greaves, Bloodrazors, Frozen Mallet if they can escape your Void Ooze. Grab more attack speed from items somehow, completely situational.
Balanced team: Depends on your preference and your team's makeup. I would be a ranged autoattacker with Berzerker's, then AP/AS equips (Malady!) to make Living Artillery sniping a good burst for catching chasers. Bloodrazor is also an excellent item.

Void Ooze is one of the most effective slows, allowing you to get away from many many things if you line it up right. Aim forward if they're right behind you, aim back if they're outside range. And if you get caught alone without escape skills, just nuke them with everything you have, then suicide bomb. Kog is slow and has terrible survivability.

Gondole

03-09-2011

My personal preferense:
21/0/9 masteries
Ghost Exhaust
Archaric Knowledge
NO CRIT MASTERIES!!!!

Mpen Marks
Armor seals
CDR glyphs
2 HP 1 Mpen

Rush Madreds Razors
Sorc. Shoes
Malady
Time to finnish Bloodrazor
Void staff
Frozen Mallet
Bansee Veil

30 + 24 Mpen + 49% Mpen
EVERYTHING WILL DROP SO ****ING FAST!!!!
---
Also duo lane with a support or tank with stun/taunt = the best lane you can go.

Ocsidut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2011

You have 2 ways to build Kog maw

the first way focus on the Bio Arcane Barrage Skill,
so you will buy, Madred ( for sinergi) AS and ap/m pen
something like this:
Madreds
Sorc Shoes
Malady
F Mallet
Nashor's
Void staff

optional itens:
Banshee's, wits end, divine....

the second way focus you other skills, and dont need too much AS, so you will make an AP carrier build, with itens like:
Rabadons/ Archangel / ROA / Rilay's / Mejay ...

I use more the first way but the second is good too

Ocsidut

03-11-2011

/ Double Post

oh..
I think that make AD itens for Kog maw isn't so good because all him rates are AP