Whats ELO

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kush all Night

03-07-2011

Can someone please give me a full detailed explanation,
im lvl 30, i dont play ranked so i havent a clue about anything to do with this.

OmniOmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

It's a method of comparing one player's skill level with another. It takes into account the Elo ratings (ie skill levels) of your opponents, and whether you in or lose. If you win against opponents with higher Elo ratings than you, your Elo rating would increase more than if you had won against opponents with lower Elo ratings than you. Losing works similarly. If you lose against opponents who have lower Elo ratings than you, your Elo rating will drop more than if you lost against opponents who have higher Elo ratings.

Hope this helped .

Mclovin55

03-07-2011

How do i know what is my Elo? And by opponent do you mean full game or just who gets killed by who during that game.

Kyoko Sakura

Recruiter

03-07-2011

Elo(Eeeelow)- is your win/loss ratio skill level, which helps matchmaking place you in a match.
ELO- A band, Electric Light Orchestra, they are pretty good.

Sloejean

03-07-2011

At the moment, Elo ratings are not shown for Normal games. You can only start seeing them once you start playing Ranked games. Your Elo increases/decreased based on the outcome of the game, so you gain Elo for winning and lose it for losing the game. Your score in the game has no effect on your Elo gain.

Kush all Night

03-07-2011

So you could be god awful, with a team carrying you all the time and have an unreal ELO?

TheFuryWithin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

Yes, but most of the time, that won't be happening and the more common thing is that your team is god awful and you are below the Elo you should be at.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-07-2011

It's unlikely, as you have to constantly be paired with people higher than you and the enemy team, as if you're paired with 9 other players of equal skill level (higher than yours, but equal to each other), you'll lost the majority of them.