Anti tank item for casters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crayon Puppet

03-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalahn View Post
So, if I get this item on Karthus, I should automatically kill everything just by running in with Defile active?
Its one thing if u think the item is bad or OP, but I specifically state in the post that much like sheen this item would need some sort of CD to prevent it from being abused by spells with extremely low CD and the system i suggested a 3-5 seconds CD for each spell per proc would prevent devile from doing the extra true damage from the items unique. It would only proc every 3seconds or 5 seconds or watever wouldn't be broken after a tweaking of the numbers. So you just didn't read it

MikeBrick

03-11-2011

% Penetration is also calculated after static penetration making void staff worse as you gain more static MPen. The best thing to do is to either get void staff only and get other boots if there is a better option (cd reduc/treads), or to go straight reduction with guise sorcs etc.

You're losing potential damage gain by wasting money on both.

e.g. 200 mpen

void staff -50%
talents -15%

These stack multiplicatively that 200 now becomes 85.

Adding in sorc boots you get

200 - 20

180 apply talent + staff = 76.5

Boots are pretty standard so they're not a bad investment, but if you factor in taking guise as well

200-20-20 = 160

160 -> apply %'s = 68 .. the money to value return just isn'tt here. You didn't actually get -20 for your 1300 gold or whatever, you receive -8.5 + the other stats.

Basically take one or the other, never both as it's a waste of gold.

Bilun

03-11-2011

No. You should not be able to burst a tank who's building primarily defensively period. Any anti-tank item needs 2 things to be balanced:

1). The damage has to be sustained like madreds. Perhaps something that affects the first spell every X seconds

2). the tank needs to have a defensive stat they can use to counter your anti-tank item. Simple fact of the matter is a tank needs to be hard to kill to do his job; there can't be a be-all-end-all anti-tank item that makes it easy to kill them regardless of what they build. This is the reason there can never be true damage on an item.

That said, Casters really could use a madreds equivilent. Though by the nature of their role I doubt casters will every be as good at physical DPS at killing tanks; it's just the archetype's nature. Spellcasters are more about CC, utility, and early game dominance then dropping a geared out late game tank; phys carries that shine best in late game sustained damage just fit the role of tank killer better.

MikeBrick

03-11-2011

If tanks damage was toned down I think that would solve a lot of problems.

SupremeDeity

03-11-2011

OR you could not attack the tank, and not make a thread trying to get an item that undermines the entire purpose of a tankand thus throwing the game into chaos, not to rage or anything.

KazaLyn Shao

03-11-2011

It's called void staff. Use it.

Hazanshu

03-12-2011

void staff isn't enough lol -_-
yes tanks should not be targeted when you are a mage but they get in your grill xD

heres math for all of you... say if you have void staff with mastery and a person has 200 MR.
They will have 120 which is still plenty
Sorc - 100
Red MPen - 91.5

It's not enough guys seriously get over it
with mastery 90
sorc 70

Void staff is very good but they will still have 2x the MR of your base and are likely to have 3k+ HP.

Bilun

03-12-2011

Void staff is a good MR counter; What mages really need is a counter to HP; something like Madreds but for spells.

Perhaps something that has all spells do an additional 15% of the target's max health magic damage over 3 seconds(so 5% per second) with subsequent applications refreshing the duration.

Make it applies on ticks of dots like rylais. Most casters could manage 100% up time if they pace themselves.

Would give mages a sustained option counter to high health enemies that rivals bloodrazor.

MikeBrick

03-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazanshu View Post
void staff isn't enough lol -_-
yes tanks should not be targeted when you are a mage but they get in your grill xD

heres math for all of you... say if you have void staff with mastery and a person has 200 MR.
They will have 120 which is still plenty
Sorc - 100
Red MPen - 91.5

It's not enough guys seriously get over it
with mastery 90
sorc 70

Void staff is very good but they will still have 2x the MR of your base and are likely to have 3k+ HP.
Please stop posting wrong information. I already outlined how mpen(and arpen as they use the same calculations) act. You're doing a disservice to people by telling them that the % applies before the static.

SirAcey

03-12-2011

Malzahar